I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2495Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh she is beautiful! Congrats. Thanks for sharing.
AmiraX4 likes this.
August 11th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She's precious!! What a little darling! Congratulations!!
AmiraX4 likes this.

August 11th, 2013, 02:07 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
beautiful tfs.
AmiraX4 likes this.
August 11th, 2013, 03:35 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Beautiful, congrats!!!!
AmiraX4 likes this.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
August 12th, 2013, 06:26 AM
I really would now prefer if this lil girl would come out. She isn't as active and she is making me paranoid.
August 12th, 2013, 06:39 AM
If her movements have slowed drastically I would call your MW and go in.

August 12th, 2013, 07:26 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Word to the wise: don't go MIA for over a month and then try to catch up. Almost 400 posts to go through. You ladies have been busy!!

Momto6th: So sorry about your separation!! It appears that this was not planned at all. Scary how things can change so quickly.

UM: Hope you get that baby out soon!! My oldest 3 were late, my 4th induced at 38 1/2 weeks because of my BP, and my 4th was (much to my surprise) 1 day early. I always assume I'm going to go late as well. Maybe today is the day....

Amira & Jenilope: Congrats on your little girls. It's funny to see you 2 and UM have girls when every single other person I know (me included) has had boys this year. Maybe July/August are "girl" months.

Repti: I don't know what happened on FB, but I did notice there weren't many posts on here from you in the large amount I was reading. Hope all is well, and welcome back.

FW: As always, several of your posts made me chuckle.

MIL: Congrats on getting to go to your friend's wedding. I know how sad you must have been to not be able to make it. I had to miss my best friend's wedding in Louisiana in March because we didn't have the funds to go ($1,500 just for plane tickets). Fortunately, she was on an episode of 4 Weddings so I still kind-of got to see it, but I'm sad I couldn't be there. I think she was a little relieved because she was afraid I'd go into labor there.

I've been back to work for about a month and a half. I'm just working 3 days a week right now. I don't know how I could possibly fit full-time into my schedule right now, but I'm waiting to see if financially we can make it with me at part-time. Hubby is working over 100 hours every week to try to make this work. And I'm going to take on some work for my dad that can be done at home. Keeping my fingers crossed we can make this work, but I do feel guilty about hubby working so much! Hope everyone is well, and sorry for those I didn't do an individual shout-out to - I can't remember everything I read in all those posts.
~mommy~ and AmiraX4 like this.

New picture in progress......
August 12th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's getting close. Everyday is one day closer.

Having a weird morning already. One of my bffs wrote me an email about her son moving out under the "obey our rules or get out" edict by his dad. He will be 17 in October. And I kow they know everything and they are invincible. She is very upset. She is worried he will make worse and worse choices and screw up his whole life. And she is really mad at her husband for making the ultimatum and forcing this issue when she feels he has checked out of the family for the last 5 years. It is sad all around. I really love her husband, I think he is a great guy. Funny, caring, etc. but I think he just got overwhelmed and shut down. I have no words to advise her. I said maybe it is something that needed to happen. But I don't think they will do anything to help the relationship.
August 12th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would rather be safe than sorry UM. It could be that she is just getting big, not enough room in there to move.

Rob and I went to bed at 8 last night, I slept for 12 hours not counting getting up with weston this morning for a little bit. Rob did the coho derby and was fishing from 5-midnight, then got up at 3 again so besides being away the whole week before at school, he was pretty tired. I got up at 9:40, and it was still kinda light outside and I thought the clock said 5:40, and I was confused why I couldn't smell coffee, I have it set for 5:35, then I focused and realized it was only 9:40 lol.
I suppose I should get the kids up and feed them and shove them down in the playroom so that I can get that shopping and food prep done. I might add cookie ingredients on there and make those later too. We'll see. They're pretty easy and awesome cookies though

August 12th, 2013, 07:47 AM
At 18 I can see the live by our rules or get out thing, at 16 (and mine will be 17 in OCT too and is a handful) I don't think they are equipped to be on their own and I still feel there is a legal obligation to a minor child.
August 12th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
UM, I know that mine all slowed way down the closer they got to their due date, and Ted barely moved (my late one) once we got about a week past his due date. They would tell me to drink some OJ, lay down and count how many movements I felt. I can't remember what the optimal number was though. I'm sure google can help

Today we are having Lupan and Aidens party, and I woke up with a summer cold. Thought it was allergies, it's not
August 12th, 2013, 07:54 AM
She is moving around now.
August 12th, 2013, 12:31 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
#5-- that would be so hard to manage both a work schedule and all the demands of home!! you are a super mama!!

UM ooh man I hope baby E comes very soon for you, the last days of pregnancy are the hardest physically/emotionally!!
Fw was the boy kicked out? its a hard age for sure and knowing how to handle things from our experience, is not always easy. But if her DH has 'chkd out' then its even harder. We personally prefer that all our children stay in our home as long as possible and cant begin think of 'evicting' them. As her friend I totally understand your loss of words.

Repti welcome back!!! Funny about the early sleeping and being confused about the time ...its happened to me before too!! its weird!!

M2M hope you feel better and it doesnt get in the way of Lupans and Aidens party today!!! sounds like fun!!

Dh will be taking the kids to a huge party today that was rented out for the day , rides and game stands, plus food...yumm and fun plus because its a private party we get a huge discount on the all day wrist band and rollerskating fees!! I know I should go but Im just worried about taking the baby out.
Do any of you take your babys out this young? she hasnt had any type of shots yet or anything.
We will also be leaving on wed for a 'roadtrip' to washington. We are planning on going to the Olympic game farm ( drive through safari ) and taking the ferry towards Seattle and enjoying different things there like the space needle ect.. We are thinking to return on Monday.
August 12th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was hoping for double baby news, but congrats jenilope! Hope everyone is doing well.

Glad baby is moving around UM.

Happy birthdays M2M.

I went to the church campout this weekend, and even though I didn't feel like going, we all had a really good time AND great beach weather!
August 12th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Hi everyone!

I got home Saturday morning and have been working, sleeping and nursing ever since, it's going to take a little while to feel like I've mastered the new routine, but the girls love their baby sister and she's a good eater and fairly content baby so I have nothing to complain about!
Here's a picture of Cecily:

UM I'm glad baby got wiggling again, but I really hope she decides it's time to come out soon. Like, today!

Amria, your daughter is absolutely lovely! Congratulations! The youngest I've taken any of my babies anywhere besides the pediatrician was to church when DD1 was 3 weeks old. Now I tend to wait a little longer, mostly for my comfort. I don't usually take a very young baby out of her carseat or wrap just to minimize how much she is touched when we're out.

MIL--what a lovely gesture, I'm glad you'll be able to attend the wedding.

#5OTW--good luck making the new work schedule work for your family. 100 hours a week is a lot, that's the kind of schedule I used to keep when I was an attorney and it stinks, but that doesn't mean it's not worth it.

M2M--enjoy the party! I hope you shake the cold quickly!

August 12th, 2013, 01:42 PM
She is beautiful, Jenilope.

Here we go again, no noticeable movement all day. She had an active period when I posted earlier and nothing again. C'mon. Its not like I can drop everything and make a check on baby run. It would require babysitters and all kinds of crap. Okay, see just now I got one little roll.
August 12th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Glad baby girl started wiggling around, UM, but seriously, she needs to come out now. Go do some jumping jacks or something (JUST kidding!)

I planned to can the green beans today, and be done by noon. My best friend's mom came over to help, and we had them cleaned and going in jars in NO time. Then DD reminded me she had to be at the HS at 1 pm for pictures for band and right at that moment my boys came in screaming that the bees were swarming. DH went outside, and sure enough, HUGE swarm from my hive. And they chose a spot in a tree 30-40 ft in the air. It was a small tree, so my bf's mom took DD to Band Pictures, canning got put on hold while DH and I suited up and cut that tree right down. Spent 45 minutes scooping bees off the ground, shaking them off tree branches, etc into their box.

Still waiting on friend's mom to bring DD home and the first 7 jars of green beans are in the canner. As soon as DD is home with friends mom we have to run to town and get a bottom board for the hive.

August 12th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Ohh now that sounds like y kind of day. Ummmm...no LOL
August 12th, 2013, 04:48 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Amira, we take all of our kids out pretty much immediately. We stopped at the grocery store on the way home with this one, and when he was a couple of days old, we were at my oldest's softball games. I have kids that need me to be at various functions, and I don't do well being "forced" to stay at home so the baby always comes along. I know many other people don't do that, but it works for us.
UrbanMomma and ~mommy~ like this.

New picture in progress......
August 12th, 2013, 05:50 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
amira I have stopped at target on the way home from the hospital with baby. I have taken baby to dc 1&2 karate lesson day after birth....Like pp said, too busy, no time to slow down just because you had a baby in a large family. Also like pp said, if ur in a store keep them in a baby carrier, to avoid people touching. I would also keep carrier covered with a blanket...warning, this can lead to another shopper trying to school you about carbon monoxide...
bm8 I'm so sorry, but I think I have just decided you are insane....bees have been a huge fear for me my whole life. I cannot understand people who like to "play" with them...Even after seeing the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes"
Jen~ Your new addition is just perfect. It always takes me a while to get the new routine. I always think of it as juggling. You had learned to juggle 3 balls and someone throws another one at you. Takes a minute, but before long you get the hang of it and it becomes old hat.
Dh is having a whole bunch of people over tomorrow. It's work related, but I'm sure it will be fun. In the am I have to take dd1 back to the podiatrist. A while ago she had a girl (accidentally) stomp her left big toe causing the nail to fall off. It grew back all wrong and led to a chronically ingrown toenail. I took her in 2 weeks ago and he said, well I could do this and wait and see how it grows back, or I could do this and solve the problem permanently. Either way totally numbed up, won't feel a thing. We opted for the fix it for good route....OMG ladies....I watched and I didn't see what I assume were the worst parts, but what I did see. :O Dd looked at me and saw me making a face and we were giggly over my reaction VS. her hiding behind a magazine so she couldn't see. anyway tomorrow hopefully he will tell us it's healed perfectly and all clear.
Ds3, dh decided today, that he no longer needed to wear his splint/brace on his broken arm. :O Hope he doesn't have any issues.
Dd3 yesterday, learned 2 things one was how to ride a powerwheels ATV (battery operated, lighter than the real deal) She also learned about hills and gravity. Long story short. She was too close to the hill at the top of our driveway and rolled it into (thankfully....without the fence, there's at least a 100 foot roll/fall down the hill into the ravine (water) the fence, on top of herself. :O. Miraculously she came out with relatively minor scrapes....no trip to the ER required (PHEW!!!)

Last edited by ~mommy~; August 12th, 2013 at 06:06 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search