I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2508Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
~mommy~ you cracked me up! We don't mind the bees, we wear our bee suits and they protect us really well. In fact, one of the girl stung my glove today but I didn't feel it. We have a waiting list of people who want our raw honey, and have not had a honey harvest yet this year! The bees provide an extra bit of income for our farm.
#5in2005 and mom2many2010 like this.

August 12th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh jenilope, she is gorgeous!

All is well here. My popular kid is home tonight after two nights of sleepovers.

Amira, I don't have a set time frame. I'm not worried about them catching anything, but I started taking a maternity leave with #6 on up just because I wanted to take a break and just be with the baby. Anything that needed to be done could be done by someone else. Jus to with your gut about what you want to do. And each day can be different.
August 12th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
the pictures of the new baby girls are beyond beautiful!!!!

the bees scare me, but I do love honey.

amira, if you wear your new baby, it should keep her comfy and well protected.

I am exhausted/ long day at the beach yesterday followed today with going to the movies, lunch at johns incredible pizza and arcade, karate lesson and oh yes, a possessed washer machine. trying to decide what to do about that situation. from the estimate I got, I might as well buy a new one. have to research, price compare a bit more and then talk to DH.

~~terre~~
August 12th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She's beautiful, Jen!!!

Will OJ help get baby moving, Jenn? I know your so ready to meet her. It won't be much longer now. Sounds like she has completely ran out of room and there's now where to go but out!

BM8, I would love to have bees!

I've calmed down and did not file for separation. Details are in the pp.
UrbanMomma and Babymakes8 like this.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

August 13th, 2013, 05:36 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
August 13th, 2013, 05:47 AM
So no baby this morning? Maybe tomorrow.
August 13th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Um, are you walking enough (probably a really DUMB question) but just wondered if you take a long walk if it would help induce labor.

FW, I wish some of my kids had several nights of sleepovers arranged. I love them but they have been very trying the last few days.

Today I'm closing a pampered chef show, more canning, checking on the bees and make sure they stayed in their hive after we set it up (pics from yesterday on my blog), and maybe cleaning my house. If I get that far. All of our corn needs picked, I have 2 more 40 ft rows of green beans to get picked (and then green bees are done I think), and pick up DD from Band practice at noon.

I can't wait for school to start (9 days) because maybe then (haha yeah right) stuff might slow down here.
UrbanMomma likes this.

August 13th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Babies are beautiful!

UM, walk, walk, walk. I could only walk to the mailbox, I was so tempted to call the kids to come pick me up, but I made it back. A 5 minute walk took be 45 minutes LMBO! Every step was like being pierced with a knife...but I had baby that night.

BM8.....I hate bee's, and I hate honey. I hate honey more then bee's though

Amira, I just take my babies out. I'm ready to go pretty much the moment they are born, and hate to be kept 'down'.

The birthdays were a success, I forgot how much I like to swim.
#5in2005, UrbanMomma and HalfDozen like this.
August 13th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope everything is ok with you today UM

I'm surrounded by idiots. First the neighbor tells me that when I drink beer I should pump and dump, that the doctor told her sister that she should pump out all the clear milk and keep the more 'colored' milk, because the clear milk is all the alcohol in her system. What? LOL That is called foremilk and hindmilk. By that theory I have alcohol in my system 24/7. I'd like to meet this doctor.
THEN I have been giving Weston a cup in the afternoon to practice, and I can't pump much. Never have been able to, most I'll get is 5 oz if I'm engorged in the AM. A friend of ours tells me this means I'm drying up, and I should get him used to formula real quick, before it's too late.
THEN the neighbor (who is in her upper 50's) tells me between her son and daughter she had a tubal pregnancy, so her son was quite a surprise, she was too scared to get pregnant again. Ok.. reasonable. She tells me that if she would have had more they all would have been boys, because her "girl side" was destroyed with the tubal pregnancy.
UrbanMomma and HalfDozen like this.

August 13th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Crazy! People and their myths.
August 13th, 2013, 10:32 AM
My MIL had some kind of issue after having my SIL (her second child) and thought she could only have boys because her "female side" was damaged.

I honestly didn't believe we'd get another girl, since we had 4 boys after our first girl. My husband had mumps when our DD was 2 months old, and the dr told us he wouldn't have any more kids. My theory was the mumps killed all girl sperm. HA HA.

August 13th, 2013, 04:02 PM
UM is no longer pregnant! Congrats to my favorite mama in the hood!
August 13th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Congrats, UM! So happy for you!

August 13th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Yay!!! Congratulations, UM!!! So excited to hear this news!

August 13th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Hi ladies. So once again this morning I was getting no movement from baby. I had felt her some last night around 9pm, and then nothing. I got up this am, drove Elijaah to football and came home to chill and try to get her to move. No luck. My mom texted and asked how I was doing, but I didn't see it until she made it all the way to work (an HOUR away).

We texted back and forth for a few about baby not moving, but I didn't want her to have to leave work for nothing. So I texted Isaac but got no response. Thats when my mom just said she was leaving work no matter what I said. LOL. About half an hour later Isaac called and said he was on his way. So about 1/2 hr later I got my mom, Isaac, his gf, Aaron (my 16 yo) and his gf.

Since all the olders showed up, my mom came to hospital with dh and I. I think we got to hospital around 10:30ish. They hooked me up to a monitor and immediately we heard a hb, popped up at 140, then three almost immediate decels. So they wanted to admit me, because of being "post dates" and her heart rate dropping. They said they would induce with pitocin, which surprised me because I was under the impression with a previous section I couldn't have it.

So I stalled a bit, tried to convince my mom and dh going home would be better, but she just kept having decels, going from 140 to under 80. So I reluctantly agreed to stay.

I got to a room around 12:30. It took about another hour to get the pitocin. I started having regular contrax around 2:15. Every contraction would make her hb drop. They started coming every 2-3 minutes pretty fast. After about an hour they checked and I was at a 6. Then the contrax were hitting really hard. I was complete by 4. Thats when all the contractions STOPPED. I had to push her out with almost no contractions at all. They were barely even showing up on the monitor. It was pretty funny. I told the mw and nurse we should all go for lunch.

When they put her on my chest she was caked in meconium. It was thick. She was having trouble breathing and they took her to NICU. She started on 60% oxygen, but she was at room air by 7.

Thats the best version I have for now.

Pics in a bit. Unless one of you on my fb wants to pull a pic and share for those who aren't.
Jenilope and Farmers-wife like this.
August 13th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
She is beautiful UM! I was surprised by her size, she looks so big in the pictures!
Farmers-wife likes this.
August 13th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Never goes as planned does it, lol! I'm so glad she is here and safe. She's a little beauty!
Farmers-wife and HalfDozen like this.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

August 13th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
she is a beauty!!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1

~~terre~~
August 13th, 2013, 10:35 PM
So is anyone pregnant now?
August 14th, 2013, 06:41 AM
I have serious issues. I was holding Evaani this morning thinking..." I could do this again."

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search