I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2355Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What a headache M2M.

That's a LOTTA corn!

UM, I hope you were able to rest a little today, and that you're enjoying baby Evaani. I know we've "talked" about it on here, but her name sounds like ee-VAH-nee right? Want to make sure I'm saying it right in my head lol.

I got the kids' school supplies today. Went shopping with #1 and #2 on tuesday, and the rest are still good clothes wise (just occasionally that handmedown box works really well yet, and this is one of those times).

Nephew had lunch here yesterday. (the one that lived with us a few years back). Just because he hadn't seen us in a long time, so that was really nice!
August 15th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm still working on corn and DH brought home a bushel of FREE peaches! Guess what I'm canning tomorrow?
#5in2005 and Farmers-wife like this.

August 15th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
aly, I just couldn't do it. I admire your energy and dedication to providing for your family --- I guess I could not have been a pioneer.
UrbanMomma likes this.

~~terre~~
August 16th, 2013, 06:19 AM
This is the first year I've really got into canning. Usually I would just can some green beans or some jelly, but never have I canned enough of random things to fill our pantry. I'm really enjoying seeing the food pile up.

August 16th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
My favorite canned foods are green beans, peaches and salsa.

Hubby goes back to work today
August 16th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ringworm face is looking better!

I am out of laundry soap. That like never happens. It is up there with toilet paper for me. Which I am almost out of. But now I am considering making my own. Should I gather the stuff for that and commit or get some powder and then get the stuff to make my own?
August 16th, 2013, 07:11 AM
I have done both. I make the homemade laundry soap for the kids, but I like my Tide too much to give it up for mine and DH's clothes. lol

oh and the farm we were looking at in N. Fl sold.

August 16th, 2013, 07:22 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Yes, #5 thats right.

I couldn't can either, at least not while they are all home from school. Or make laundry soap. No, not my thing.
HalfDozen likes this.
#12 is on the way
August 16th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I need coffee because I thought you meant you were thinking about making your own toilet paper. I was like, whaaaaa???

On that note, this being back in school sucks! I'm zombie mom again!!

Lyss, called this morning and forgot her folder at home and wanted me to bring it. I said no. I'm sure that makes me horrible and the worst mom ever, and I'm sure that I just made some other moms feel amazing about themselves BUT I can't tell you how many trips I made to that school last year because she forgot something, or couldn't find it, etc. I'm not doing it this year. This is the year she learns responsibility for her own stuff. There is NO reason the folder shouldn't have been in her bag other than she decided that she didn't like the plain folders I got her and went to dig out some 'pretty' folders from past years and thus forgot what she needed to do with the papers in the plain folder.
Anyway, it's making me feel like crap because I know I'm getting bashed for my decision but it just doesn't make since to me to always cater to her mistakes.
Plus, it's only Day 2, surely she won't get in tons of trouble for bringing her syllabus on Monday.
UrbanMomma likes this.

Last edited by Momtothe6thpower; August 16th, 2013 at 07:32 AM.
August 16th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I always think about making my own laundry soap, just to see if I like it just as well, so I think you should go for it FW

Bummer about the farm.

I like the idea of canning and having all these jars up on shelves, but I've never canned in my life. I am a freezer person.

My 3 nephews are coming over today, they are roughly the same age as my younger 3, but my older 2 really like them too. Since we have all girls and they're all boys, they have a kind of brother/sister type relationship since we don't have that within our own families, so that's really neat.
August 16th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
cortney, you just stop bashing yourself RIGHT THIS MINUTE!!!! I totally support your decision to make her be responsible for herself this year. stick to your guns, girl. it will only help Lyss and all the others too. in fact, be proud of your decision to stop enabling her.

I am getting my hair cut and highlighted today!!! I should just add in a nail fill and pedi and make it a total me day but.....I won't.

~~terre~~
August 16th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you, Terre! I needed to hear that. Brian and I try to base our parenting choices on the long term goal (our kids as successful adults) which doesn't seem to correlate with modern 'hold your hand through everything' parenting style. I just don't feel like 'I left my folder on the counter and my mom won't bring it to me' will result in my child feeling like I'm never there for her. But I know people that think that way...I can't wait to see what kind of adults there kids turn out to be. And I don't mean that in a snide way, I'm just really curious if it will lead to a self-efficient, independent person or someone that struggles with being independent.
UrbanMomma likes this.

Last edited by Momtothe6thpower; August 16th, 2013 at 07:54 AM.
August 16th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't have brought it either. All the teachers I've ever run across have made the KIDS responsible for their crap, not the parents. I have lots of stuff to do today again. It's payday friday so I need house stuff. Already had PT for Weston, and then I should fold laundry since I wont be able to tomorrow.

Tomorrow is sydney's golden b-day party, but before that I go for the free school supplies. All the kids that are getting school supplies have to come so that should be loads of fun lol. Rob works too, so I have to bring even weston along.

I have been making lots of meals ahead. With how much time that takes I don't think I'd be able to can! I don't have patience for stuff like that.
Are you selling some of the canned stuff?
Momtothe6thpower likes this.

August 16th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I would have totally done the same Cortney! I always say I can't remember their stuff on top of all my own things I have to remember. (which is true) I totally agree it's preparing them for adulthood.

Good luck tomorrow with the school supplies Repti. And you'll love having those meals on hand later on, making meals ahead is on my todo list once the kids are back to school.

Enjoy Terre! I got my hair cut the other day, but it's not as satisfying as getting highlights too.
August 16th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I totally agree too. I don't even share my water with my kids. If they don't bring water, they don't have any.

Having a lunch date with #8. He is so sweet. I had him in the buggy at Costco sitting on the garbage bags and using the laundry soap bucket as a table for all the free samples! He looked like a king.
August 16th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Free school supplies are always a great thing!

I don't take the stuff to my kids when they forget it. Once my DD called and said she forgot her trumpet for band. HER school is in the next town away from us. I told her "guess not having it for class will make you remember it tomorrow". She hasn't forgot it since.

Have fun getting your hair done, Terre. I'd like to have something done with mine, I just can't rationalize spending a bunch of $ on my hair and then I don't even know what I would want done to it other than a trim up anyway.

Had to register my youngest son for kindergarten today. I really hate the public school system but DH isn't in agreement to go back to homeschooling. We don't vaccinate our kids (personal choice) and usually I just sign a waiver and that is that. THIS year they want the kids Dr. to sign off on the waiver, too! That's new! I told them no f'ing way do I need a Dr.'s Ok for not vaxing my kids. I pretty much dared them to kick my kids out of school and told them I'd be fine with that, because it would give me a good reason to file the home school paperwork with the public school regardless what my DH wants. HA *****es.

August 16th, 2013, 12:06 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Yeah, no way in hell would I have a doc sign off on my choice to not vax either.

And if you go to school without it, oh well, don't call me.

Monster headache today.
#12 is on the way
August 16th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Okay, let's see if I can remember everything I just read lol

FW I make mine. I have a recipe (dry) that I love. Sam loves it also and said when she runs out of the store stugg she's gonna have me make her some. Let me know if you're interested. I do buy occasionally though.

Cortney, I never ran anything up to my kids of they forgot. At first it was because we only had on car, and then after that I just refused.

Repti, Happy Birthday to Sydney!

Terre, enjoy your new look

BM8, I can top that. I kept forgetting to bring in Coles updated Vax records and he was days away from being kicked out. Then I kept forgetting to give them a record of Vanna's birth certificate (I lost it), they told me I had X amount of days to get it in and if I didn't they had to notify the sheriffs department.
August 16th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Starchaser's Avatar Regular
FW I also make my own and love it. I find it ten times better than the store bought detergents. Mine is a dry powder mix

Cortney, you are far from the worst parent(Hugs) I would, and have done, the exact same thing! I am actually involved in a adoption situation with the worst mother alive at present...trust me you do not even come close honey.
August 17th, 2013, 07:04 AM
private post.

I feel like a horrible mom this morning and I really want a break from my kids or a trip without my kids. I've been informed (by family) that that is really selfish of me and I should have 'thought of that before I had a large family".

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search