I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2278Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 17th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
BM8 they can kiss your ***! Everyone, one child or twenty, needs a break every once and a while!

Today is Family Fun Day in Melba. Its put on by a couple of the churches out here (not the LDS though). Its all free, and there's going to be food and drinks, and blow up bouncers, water slides and obstacle courses. The kids are excited and it will work off some of their energy!

The liked his first day at the new plant. He said it's a lot nicer then where he was. He already knows a lot of the guys because they have worked together in previous years, and one of them is a good friend of the family, so that makes it nice. I liked the 2 gallons of milk he came home with this morning
August 17th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
BM8, that was very rude of them. Dh and I are planning a trip without the kids. We've decided that it is something we need to do once a year.

I'd love getting milk for free!!

I had the craziest baby dream last night! I have someone (irl) that has agreed to let me photograph her birth and in my dream she had just had her baby and I was trying to get there but I busy having my own baby that I didn't even know about!
Anyway, baby was born (at my mom's house of all places!) and obviously had girl parts but for some reason everyone kept saying that since it was born so early (even though it looked like a big healthy baby) that it was possible it just hadn't grown it's penis yet and it might come in later.
So I'm all waiting for it to turn into a boy and after a while we finally give up and I said we were just going to have to accept it and give her a name. So I suggest something horrible (but I can't remember what it was I can only remember my dh's reaction to it, lol.) and dh finds my list on my old computer (that doesn't work anymore) and chooses Adelaide and we go around introducing everyone to 'Adley' and we get all these pats on the back for coming to terms that we are never getting another boy.
What do you think my subconscious is trying to tell me??
UrbanMomma likes this.
August 17th, 2013, 12:24 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
My two brothers only have two kids each and they routinely need breaks and get them, I, however am always reminded "I should have thought about that" before I had x number of kids.....
#12 is on the way
August 17th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
I love to hear about the canning, I bet your pantry looks gorgeous! I wish I had peaches to can. When I first started law school, I lived on a farm in a rural part of southern IL and had pear and apple trees for canning as well as people selling bushels of peaches and corn down the road for a pittance. I LOVED it, but up here, it's just not affordable. I laugh a little when I read the budgeting articles that suggest hitting up farmer's stands for lower cost produce--that just doesn't happen in this area, it's so in vogue up here to go for the organic local produce that it's priced as a luxury good, so I can't afford a volume that would be worth canning. Although our tomatoes and peppers are producing like crazy this year, so I will can some tomato sauce, salsa and hot sauce at the end of the season.

As far as the folder, I like your philosophy! I wouldn't have taken it to school either, she'll be so much more likely not to forget now. I actually think it's kind of strange that the schools even let the kids call their parents to ask for things they forgot (aside from maybe medicine or lunch?) I agree with you, they should be able to keep track and the consequences of not having it will teach her more than you bringing it would. And to the parents who would criticize you--there is a difference between "being there" for your child in a meaningful and supportive way and "being there" as your child's servant and fairy god-mother; I have to agree with you that the former is the position more likely to result in self-reliant children.

BM8 I'm sorry that your family doesn't think you deserve a break just because you chose to have many children. I agree with M2M they can kick rocks, everyone needs and deserves a break from the demands and pressures and constraints of their every-day life, whatever those might be! I hope you get one. Like M^6, my hubby and I try to take a trip together, even if it's just a weekend, without the kids, whenever I don't have nurslings. And every 5 years we take a trip for 5-7 days somewhere romantic to celebrate big birthdays, just the two of us. Our last one was for my 30th birthday in Madrid and it was amazing and so good for our marriage, and anything that is good for our marriage is good for our family!

M^6 that is a crazy dream! Although, I like the name you guys picked! I wish you lived near me, I'd have you do newborn portraits for Cecily! At the moment, I'd be over the moon to just have ONE picture of all 4 girls looking clean and happy and together, lol

Did any of you see this article Yahoo! Shine - Women's Lifestyle | Healthy Living and Fashion Blogs about how having more siblings decreases your chances of divorce? Always nice to see a piece that has something positive to say about the effects of growing up in a large family!

Both of my babies are napping right now, and DH took the big kids on a 3 hour bike ride and tour of their 3 favorite local playgrounds so I'm enjoying the quiet and putting my feet up. I am not recovering as quickly as I had hoped. I think I just felt so much better and more capable after delivery than I did at the end of the pregnancy that I wanted to do everything once I got home, but my body is not very happy with that approach so I'm trying to obey that and rest a little while I can. So, kept it minimal today, just a ltitle laundry, dishes, loaf of bread and a lot of sitting around. Whenever I climb the stairs or pick up my 2 year old, I start gushing blood, which I didn't have happen with the first three. It's gross and inconvenient, I just want to get back to my regular routine! Also, I'm really swollen. I have NEVER had trouble with swelling during pregnancy or postpartum. And it's not even hot. I don't know why it's so different this time, but my calves and feet and ankles are huge. I'm really annoyed things aren't getting better faster! (end whine)
DH is grilling chicken wings for dinner tonight--YUM! And we are so late to the party but we just discovered Sherlock from BBC America is on Amazon Prime for free, so we each, coincidently, watched the first episode last night, and we were all "I've got to tell you about this show, it's awesome!" and it was the same one, so that's our "date" tonight--chicken wings and Sherlock, topless, I'm sure.
UrbanMomma likes this.

August 17th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Every time I try to tell the "get out of nicu" story, Evaani starts fussing. LOL
Farmers-wife and HalfDozen like this.
#12 is on the way
August 17th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm still waiting.
August 17th, 2013, 07:33 PM
We're you told to get out of nicu? Guess I'll have to wait for Evaani to quit fussing!

I love the name Adelaide but I can't remember if it was actually ever on my list. Before we conceived Milly, I had a dream I gave birth to a baby girl behind the counter of a gas station and named her Millicent Hope..we went a slightly different direction with our 'Milly' name though.

I wish all of you lived closer. Even just within a 5 hr radius. I'd totally come and do pictures. But if anyone is ever willing to pay for the plane ticket

I think we've vacuumed 5 times today and my floors are still dirty. Why must I have pigs for children!!
~mommy~ and mom2many2010 like this.
August 17th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my day got better and the kids even listened. whoohoo.

Tomorrow a friend is coming to visit in the afternoon and we're skipping church. I know bad bad but my inlaws will be coming back up from FL this week to see the FIL's place auction off, so I want to spend tomorrow doing yard clean up. I want a massive improvement outside so they don't think we're white trash. They probably already think that, but regardless I want there to be a physical difference between the last time they were here and this week.

Yes I know that's stupid. Oh well. The realtor did tell us to work on our curb appeal, so that's my motivation LOL
~mommy~ and MIL2lissy8 like this.

August 18th, 2013, 12:22 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's 3am and I'm awake!! My nephew was watching tv and laughing, made me wake up....which, when I woke up I needed to hit the bathroom. On my trip, I found him in the girls room watching their tv because it was on. We have a super busy couple of days coming up, so I should be sleeping....
Sunday (today now) we have 3 birthday parties to attend and 2 trips to the airport to pick up people.
1st party (thankfully) we leave the house at noon is for 2 of their sons 3 and 17
2nd party 5yo twins
3rd party dear friends of my dhs, mom turning 80
In between the parties, we are picking up 6 people at the airport....3 at a time.
At least 3 of them are staying at our home.
SIL and niece and one of dh's employees. Our handy man is supposed to be coming back tomorrow, he left today. I gave him a house key in case we are not home. Dh has enough projects for him that he put him on payroll for the next 6 months unfortunately they are not all at the house. I am grateful he will be more local though. Dh also said he is bringing a professional painter in to fix all the walls/dc's artwork. I still have a 2yo so I'm afraid to get too excited, but am anyway.
Anyway all the parties are for people we consider family, so I want to make them all. We went gift shopping for all the kids today, but it just occurred to me we didn't get anything for the 80yo.
Oh and after all that tomorrow night 10/10:30 we are having a house party/work meeting to prepare for the next day that will also be busy.
Next Saturday we were invited to a dear friends (again, read family) home to visit. Dh accepted...I told him you realize that is #5's birthday???? He did not lol. #4's birthday is the following Friday,so we typically combine them, but still....Dh will be traveling a ton the next few weeks, so I'll have to figure out when we can do the celebration. While shopping for the other kids today we selected their "big" presents. They will be ready for pick up tomorrow....Like we will have time lol.
Sorry for the ramble...Oh and Tuesday is the "BTS Bonanza" where you go and fill out all the papers etc. Oh and sil will be here for a few days and then leaves for a few days. Dh said leave niece here , because she and her dh will be back in a few days. Much to our surprise,(first time, clingy, by the "book" parents) they agreed and said send her back potty trained...lol I told dh "DEAL" it's been on my to do list to train our 2 youngest I thought maybe a group approach would be encouraging to them, so as we all always say....What's one more??? lol
August 18th, 2013, 04:56 AM
I had a WEIRD dream last night!!

It started with my DH and I were driving to Alabama to see my sister and her kids, and we stopped to get gas. After getting gas, we arrived at UM's house to see her new baby. It was breakfast time, and she was wondering if she should feed my kids breakfast with hers, and what would mine eat? So I told her my DH and I would run down to the store and buy some cold cereal, eggs, and milk. So we get back and UM and I made scrambled eggs and bowls of cereal and milk to feed the kids. Then UM pulled out a photo album of all her kids when they were born, and she was showing me pics of the ones she birthed in water in her bathtub.

And then I woke up! LOL

August 18th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Jennilope, the BBC Sherlock is on my watchlist. I've heard it's really good. I just finished Orange is the new Black on Netflix. Loved it, can't wait for their next season.

Mommy, no wonder you can't sleep, there's to much running through your mind. I am tired from just reading that!

BM8, how funny!
August 18th, 2013, 06:54 AM
LOL!!

Okay, I am gonna try the nicu story.....

So when Evaani was born she was covered in meconium, very thick meconium. It makes me believe that even at 7lbs 10oz, my "due date" was right, with the mec staining, the almost no fluid, the long fingernails and the dry, cracked skin, she looked like a post dates baby.

Anyway....because she was covered in the mec they decided she had respiratory distress. My opinion is it wasn't in her lungs (xray) so she would have worked it up on her own, but they admitted her to nicu (ka-ching). So they stole my baby and held her hostage. They put her on nasal oxygen and immediately decided she had to have IV nutrition. She was hooked up to heart monitors, breathing monitors, all kinds of crap.

By the time I got to go see her, a couple of hours later, she was on room air. Now remember the only reason she needed the IV was because she supposedly couldn't breathe even though they knew she had no mec in her lungs. They verified she had no bacterial infections.

So I really felt at that time she should be given to me, but decided she was okay for the next 24 hours. Remember I have had a baby (Kya) who did aspirate meconium and get pneumonia and stayed a week in NICU.

The next day I hung out with Evaani until I was discharged and she was doing really good, room air, they took her off the IV and she was eating 1/2-3/4 oz at a time if I fed her. She wouldn't eat for the nurses.

Thursday morning I went in and the nurse said she was "snuffly" and wouldn't eat. They assaulted my poor baby with a bulb syringe. I told the nurse not to do that ever again. I have had 11 babies and NEVER had the need to use a bulb syringe....NEVER.

I asked to speak to the doctor, who I had not seen since the night I had Evaani, abut discharging the baby.

The doctor came in with an attitude off bat. Immediately he said "I will not discharge this baby for at least another 24 hours, until she is eating better." He proceeded to go on and on about how she would get dehydrated or her blood sugar would drop and she would need to be brought back.....blah, blah, blah.

I told him I could dedicate the time needed to get her to eat what she needed. That between myself and her dad, we have been able to get her to eat and it would be better if she was at home. I pointed out she wasn't on oxygen, she had been off the IV all night, her blood sugars were fine and that she was NOT a sick baby. I told him I have had 11 babies and would recognize any need for additional care should the need arise. I also told him I had a family doctor whom I had called as was willing to see her as soon as she was discharged, if needed.

The doctor told me, "I am the doctor, and I win these battles."

I told him "You don't know me very well."

I then requested to speak to the nicu clinical manager. She met with me and I explained to her what I had just told the doctor. We came to the agreement that if dh and I could get her to eat at her next three feedings (1pm, 4pm, 7pm) at least 1oz, Evaani would be discharged.

Thats when Marquay busted his head open in the nicu waiting room and I had to take him downstairs to er to get three stitches in his eyebrow. So that left dh to give her her 1pm feeding.

Dh came down at 2pm and said he got her to take 1 1/2 oz.
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Isaac was at the hospital and we sent the lil kids home with him and set up to hang at the hospital for the day. We had lunch and hung out for awhile in the nicu family room talking to some other parents.

At her 4pm feeding she was sleepy, she didn't want to eat, we could hardly keep her awake, but between dh and I we got her to take exactly one ounce by talking to her, unwrapping her and rubbing her hands and feet.

At the 7pm feeding we came in and she was getting her hearing test. then we changed her and she was awake and mad. LOL. In 15 minutes Evaani sucked down 2oz for her daddy while he told her she was a rock star and making drinking noises to her. LOL.

We showed the nurse and she said "Okay, lets get the discharge going!!!"

The doctor never did come back to see her before we left......guess he is a sore LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since Evaani has been home she has proven herself to be a PIGGIE. She takes 2-3oz at a feeding now.

Mommy and Daddy know best.
#12 is on the way
August 18th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Mom and Dad ALWAYS know best!! Doctors are ALWAYS sore losers, because they want to control any medical care on our kids, to guarantee they get a paycheck.
UrbanMomma likes this.

August 18th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Apparently I am a horrible parent. I post pictures of my kids "naked" so that all the sexual predators can view them etc etc.

I had a photo removed by FB, It's still on my page actually, they just took down the one I had as my profile picture like 2 weeks ago... Anyway, I was debating this photo with some people and some dumb *** reported it. It's a sin to sit in your pull-up on my couch I guess. I'll post the pic in the private forum. I hate people.
Wonder how long my breastfeeding pics will be up there.

August 18th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Uh, I've posted pics of my youngest in just her diaper? Outside and in her diaper at that!

August 18th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Wow, UM, I'm sorry they separated you so long and so needlessly. Good for you standing up for yourself and for what is best for Evaani. I'm glad you guys are home now and I hope you're recovering well.
UrbanMomma likes this.

August 18th, 2013, 09:20 AM
That has been a huge topic on the photography boards lately. People reporting newborn pics and breastfeeding sessions.
People really do suck. One photog mom was messaged by a 'friend' on her personal page that she needed to remove a photo of her 1yr old because predators would find it too sexually provocative. The pic was cropped so it didn't show anything in that area at all but I guess I don't know what those sickos look for either.
August 18th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a very strange dream last night too. Now it's kinda funny, but I was really really sad when I woke up because of it. It had to do with my husband being in his truck with some blond chick with bad teeth. He said he had to teach her how to drive so she could get a job delivering pizza. Then later we both ended up back at my house and it was dark and Becca was outside. She tells me "daddy is cleaning because he doesn't want you to be mad at him". I also killed a dog in my dream, and had to walk several blocks by myself in the dark. It was just weird.

August 18th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I had a pic of Cole once removed from Photobucket. He was shirtless, but it was right before I was gonna cut his almost waist length hair. He was 7/8? The very next pic was if his newly cropped hair, but I guess they thought he was a girl. Made me mad cause I lost the original pic and now I have none.

UM, I had something similar with Kailyn. I threatened to leave AMA and they said that they would have to report me to DCFS...um okay, do what you want, but we are leaving. In the end the head something or another came in and we came to a compromise. They also kept Aiden, I was discharged and he wasn't, only I was fine with him having an extra 24 hours. Kailyn was an unknown factor on how long they wanted to keep her and at the 48 hour mark I was over it. Glad your baby girl is home now!

My weird dreams always involve my kids drying to eat me (zombies) or trying to kill me.
UrbanMomma likes this.
August 19th, 2013, 07:27 AM
It must be crazy dream week!

I just heard on the today show that those that have sex 4 or more days a week make more money. So now I'm trying to convince dh that he needs to find a job where he is home every night.

On a not so sexy note, what is the best way to remove the smell of urine from upholstery? Naked potty training here, and Milly got a rocker without me realizing it. It's already dried and vinegar is doing nothing for it.
mom2many2010 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search