I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2435Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2013, 09:01 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Never heard of the black sock rapist. Could make a good law and order episode.

Doing schoolwork with the kids is a lot harder now that we are in this co op. going from an unschooled to a classical is kind of a stretch for me. I can see the benefits, though. I hope I can keep up!
August 23rd, 2013, 10:10 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I lol'd at the black sock rapist.

Something is stupid with my internet today again. I hate charter, but it's like our only option. Otherwise we'd have to go through two companies for tv and net. Forget that crap.

I think 90% of my neighbors have mental issues. Seriously.
UrbanMomma likes this.

August 23rd, 2013, 04:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The pic you showed of where you live reminds me of one of my favorite places we camped this summer Repti, love it! Good luck with the crazies around you.

I am back from camping with highschool bff. Her dh is often either not there at all or just for a night. He was there for most of it, which totally interferred with our girl bonding and chatting. I can only stand him in doses anyways, he has some strong opinions of what a good Christian woman should be and I don't quite measure up. But that goes both ways, I don't quite agree on the male superiority he believes in. I am totally fine with submitting to a man providing he loves me as Christ loves the church. And I'm also fine with serving my husband, but because I want to not because I HAVE to. It was still a good time, but not fantastic like usual.

It's cloudy now, and so we were sortof in the mood for getting our school supplies together, so that's all taken care of now.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
August 23rd, 2013, 06:22 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
100% of my neighbors have mental issues.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
August 23rd, 2013, 08:30 PM
So I went to the store tonight because #2 wants some stuff. We shop, come home, do some stuff. I take my ba off, put my jammies on and settle in for the night. She comes bursting into my room with a wad of cash in her hand and says "this isn't my money. I don't know why I have this in my bag". I get her receipt and it has the customer before hers attached to it. Guy got $75 cash ack, but left it there. She picked it up with her change in the thing at the self checkout. So I said we should take it back and give it to the manager so when the uy comes looking it will be there. I put my bra bak on.

We pull up o the store and there are 3 police cars and 4 officers standing around. She hands the money to me and says 'oh you handle this!' The woman cop gets to me and says "please tell me you brought the money back". I said "of course we did!" She hugged us and says case closed! The manager gave my daughter a gift card and the guy thanked her.

It's like the biggest thing to happen there this year.
August 23rd, 2013, 09:19 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
That is AWESOME! I have never heard of cops being called for money someone has left behind though. Guy/girl must have really wanted their money back lol

Mommy sorry it wasn't as great as normal. I have to admit he's the kinda guy I'd probably punch out lol
UrbanMomma likes this.
August 23rd, 2013, 10:16 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't know that forgetting your money like that was a case.

I'm still waiting for my birth client to give birth. I'm such a nervous wreck over this thing that I'm to the point I just need to get it over with. Poor girl is 40w6d. I know she's ready to get it over with too!
August 24th, 2013, 08:25 AM
About 3 weeks ago I sent Isaac up to the grocery store on the corner to cash my disability check. He came back and handed me the money and it was $100 too much. So I returned it. They looked amazed. I told them it wasn't mine so I couldn't keep it.
August 24th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I was over by a $100 plus once, it was around Christmas and I had hit up a lot of stores (I try to only spend cash during that time). I called all of the stores and no one was short so I kept it.

You'll do great Cortney!

I have so much milk in my fridge/freezer that there is no room for anything else, and the hubby just keeps bringing it. I'm gonna give a bunch to Lupan, and then some extra for his girlfriends mom. Cole opened the fridge and said it looked like we owned a cow lol. I didn't realize how many companies they make milk for.

I still can't put my dogs together. My MIL is gonna take Mo for a little while, she's pretty happy about it, she's been trying to take him for a while. She just doesn't know what a pain in the butt he can be. She'll find out. Layla is also over being in the house all of the time, but I can't put her outside unattended.
August 24th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I always feel like what comes around goes around when it comes to getting extra money by mistake, you're better off just giving it back.

That's a lot of dairy!

My brother's girlfriend is booked for a c-section next thursday. It's a little different for all of us, since we usually know our cousin mommy's really well, and we don't really know g/f super well, but I'm super excited about a new baby in the family.
August 25th, 2013, 08:56 AM
I am celebrating 20 years of attending my church, Calvary chapel Tallahassee. No one got me a cake.
August 25th, 2013, 10:51 AM
I have some lasagna and tiramisu you can come over and have some. It should all be ready around 3:30-4pm.

This is the last week of summer vacation. I think I will try to do something fun with the kids this week. We are planning on going to the cider mill next weekend.
Farmers-wife and Babymakes8 like this.
August 25th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
UM, I just noticed your new avatar....is the tattoo next? oh and just to get the ball rolling, I like aasher for a boy and caarlie or naaomi for a girl....

~~terre~~
August 25th, 2013, 01:56 PM
I love Asher for a boy. Had an a long before though so could never do it.

I can't go to home fellowship tonight because I let #1 take the little car to town. I have enough gas in the bus to go to co op on Tuesday, but not much else. We are doing the "no money til pay day" dance this week! Friday is payday.
August 25th, 2013, 09:29 PM
I like Asher but prefer Archer. Lincoln is still my favorite. I can't decide if I'll laugh or cry if someone beside me uses it, lol! I anted to kill Kristen Bell and Dax Shepherd and I love them.

I know what it's like to live from check to check all to well!

Dh gave me the go ahead to get my nose pierced but I don't know. Should I do it or am I too old?
UrbanMomma likes this.
August 26th, 2013, 12:51 AM
The birth photography client texted an hour ago to announce her baby was here. It said he came really fast. I guess there was no time for phone calls. I'm really happy for them but sad to miss the opportunity.
August 26th, 2013, 06:12 AM
awww...boo. I know you were excited.

There is a way to live besides no money til payday?? LOL

If I was to have another and it was a boy, its Obadiaah all the way, everyone is free to give me a "normal" J middle name, as long as it is not Javon, Joseph, Jerome or Jamal. I already used those.

Who knows what I'd name a girl. I am not planning anymore babies though.

Making peach cobbler today.
August 26th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
UM - do all your kids have 'j' middle names?

girls its been a h*ll of a night and I doubt today will be any better. I may write a private post later....

~~terre~~
August 26th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Hi guys!

Sorry Cortney that you had to miss it, I'm sure you feel pretty bummed.

I do the no money payday dance often.

MIL sorry about your rough time

Today we start school for the kids. I'm so tired.
August 26th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Terre, only the oldest three have non J middle names. Sorry it isn't going to well right now. Hope today is better.

M2M, mine don't start school until next Tuesday.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search