I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2316Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
looks like we lost some of our conversation with that maintenance thingy. Oh well...

Got the kids school supplies all put away yesterday, Noah got his schedule. I need to make an appointment for Bastian, his big toe is infected by the toenail. Hopefully I can get in today, they're always so busy.

August 28th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No, it's all here. We are still wondering why your neighbors jumped your husband. What the heck was that about?

My septic tank is all backed up or something. The water isn't going out into the drain field. Builder guy can't figure out why, had to call the septic guy. Septic guy said he would send his guy. Don't know when. In the meantime I have yuck water pooling up in the yard. If there is a tampon, I am going to kill a teenage girl.
August 28th, 2013, 08:35 AM
I typed it yesterday and a few of you guys responded lol I know for sure UM did. Just like I posted a few responses in the groups thing, but those disappeared too.
UrbanMomma likes this.

August 28th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Oh, I never even saw that. Sorry. Write it again!
August 28th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
My almost 2 year old has me feeling completely in the weeds right now. I seriously don't know what to do with her.
I know part of it is wanting attention and part of it is her age, but she is out of control.
I'd say she spends at least 3 hours (total) per day SCREAMING at the top of her lungs wile writhing on the floor having a temper tantrum. She throws things, hits, shoves, pulls hair and BITES.
Even when she's being "good" she's being difficult--for instance, if I sit on the couch to nurse the baby she comes and sits right by me, which is fine with me. And she curious about the nursing, which is also fine. She wants to touch my breast while I'm nursing which is certainly not my favorite thing, but I'm ok with her being curious. What I'm NOT ok with is her grabbing it and ripping it out of baby's mouth to look at it, consider drinking herself then saying yuck. Or kicking at me and the baby while she lays next to me on the couch watching a show. Or trying to climb up on my shoulders. Or trying to climb on top of the baby. Or shrieking at the top of her lungs just to watch the baby jump.
I have to put her up in my room on the 3rd floor and LOCK the door so she can get a decent nap--all my other kids were able to nap in a cradle in the kitchen but not Cecily, because Adelaide is screaming and grabbing the cradle and shaking it around and throwing toys in the cradle and stealing blankets out of the cradle.
Her older sisters don't want to play with her anymore because she's constantly stealing toys right out of their hands and physically assaulting them! I can't blame them, I don't want to be around her either when she's acting like that!
My older kids were much more verbal by this age (and less violent and loud!) than Adelaide. Time outs don't seem to make any positive impact on her behavior and it's a nightmare to try to get her to sit in time out anyway.
I am at my wits' end with her and I really don't know what to do. I know a lot of you have kids with the same or similar age gaps to mine, so you've been through it, do you have any advice? It's not like the lack of sleep is doing anything good for my patience.

August 28th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Try time out. Make a spot, even just putting a pillow on the floor, and stick her on it when she screams or does any of that other BS. Other than that, I don't know.. wooden spoon? lol

It was probably about that age that Sebastian started his behavior issues. How well does she talk?
UrbanMomma and Jenilope like this.

August 28th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I did the same thing, I had a "thinking chair" for my oldest back in the day. She spent a lot of time in it. It got better over time, and we retired the chair.

Good luck with the septic FW. Ours had issues a while back, it was the pump. Dh is is still traumatized by the tampon removal it required.
August 28th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like she is jealous of the new baby. Maybe try setting aside special time with her each day, even if it's just a few minutes, to read a book, make a painting, something. I am betting she is feeling displaced, or replaced, not that that is what you did.

Also, if you can, maybe take her to choose a "baby" of her own. Have her climb up on the couch next to you to "feed her baby" while you feed her baby sister.

August 28th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I didn't see it either Repti, not if you explained it in any further detail.

FW, sorry about the septic, again that is my fear. We had ours 'vacuumed' out about 5 years ago. I'm hoping that keeps any major issue's at bay lol

Jenilope. That does sound fairly normal for a 2 year old, maybe a little more dramatic then most but not off the charts un-normal (is that even a word?lol).

Time-outs only work if you are extremely consistent, and stay on it. Super nanny's method is the only way I know how to make it work. Once you decide on it, you have to be prepared for the battle, and it will be a battle. You can not be wishy-washy at all.
August 28th, 2013, 12:05 PM
I would spank her, but that's just me.

It was the septic filter. Not that bad. $250 later and I am on the mend. M2m, I am planning on having the pump out done again in 3 years, making sure they clean the filter. The builder had them pump it out for the inspection, but they didn't do the filter. They don't do the filter for that. I would not have known about any of it if the builder guy didn't tell Me they pumped it. And I wasn't planning to do the pump out for 2 more years (year 10 in the house). So whose fault is it?
HalfDozen likes this.
August 28th, 2013, 12:38 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Glad it wasn' t that bad FW.

I'd try a time-out first. I like the baby of her own idea. Of course I would probably end up swatting on the booty after awhile.

I saw the post about the fight. I noticed that post was missing and my reply.

Tonight is open house at the kids new school. Guess we are checking that out. Its also Elijaah's first football game, but I will miss it because its away and too far to drive. Plus its $5 per person over Kindergarten age. So $30 for all of us to go, minus the bigs.
#12 is on the way
August 28th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
A hell I didn't know that septics had filters, we rent and the only reason the septic was pumped was because the landlord had sold the property. Got it back a year later (I think it was a rent to own kinda thing) so that's the only reason they did it. We pay for everything that goes wrong in this house, except the septic and the well. I'm not sure who I would find responsible though.

UM a tip about the games. At almost every game and school I have been to, they stop charging right after half-time. There is usually no one manning the booth, so you can get in for free in most cases. It's at least worth looking into at the school. I never went to away games, some of them could be 2 hours away, so I only went to home games and almost always after half time
UrbanMomma likes this.
August 28th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't see the missing posts either. I'm curious.

I do the ignore method (is that a method). Some kids want any attention, good or bad, so I don't give them any at all. I mean stone face, continue on as if they're not there, ignore. Then later when they've finally calmed down I'll do stuff with them (read a book, cuddle, etc.) but I pretend nothing ever happened. I'm sure it goes against what the experts say but my instincts say it's what my kids need and believe it or not it really works. My oldest is a fit thrower (still to this day) and I did everything by the books (time out, talking it out, use your words), it just wasn't for me and obviously not for her. My 2 yr old is starting her fits and we are already getting better because she hates to be ignored (which is great because behavior wise, she is the most like her oldest sister). I'm also not good with battling it out with my kids. It tries my patience and this keeps it in check. Granted this is JUST for the crying, kicking, screaming stuff. If they're doing something dangerous I don't ignore them, lol!
Just my two cents. Don't burn me at the stake for ignoring my kids, lol!

I get to do the newborn pics of the baby whose birth I missed! I'm a happy camper now.
UrbanMomma, Jenilope and HalfDozen like this.
August 29th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
If there's anything I've learned from having 5 kids is that different things work for different kids. So there you go Cortney, no one is going to burn you at the stake.
Have fun with the photo shoot.

Today is baby day for brother and his girlfriend. They just got to the hospital. She is having a c-section so I hope she doesn't have to wait super long. Exciting!!!!
August 29th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Hey how much is a plane ticket from where you are to Detroit, Cortney?? LOL
Because I have been trying to find a photographer to get Evaani's newborn pics done, and DAYUM, I might as well just fly you here for the prices they charge. One lady was $100 an hour, for her time only, not including any pictures. A lot of people are in the range of several hundred dollars for, say, a 45 minute session, and then you only get a disk of pictures. Where exactly do you get prints done??

No wonder I always went to cheap portrait studios at the mall.
#12 is on the way
August 29th, 2013, 07:40 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I typically take my dc to jcpenney. If you buy the smilesavers club for $30 there are no sitting fees for 2 years (normally i think $9.99 per person) I usually take the whole family, so it pays for itself immediately. $4 portrait sheets or they have deals on packages, but the package is one pose only, where as the sheets you can mix and match. You can also purchase the disk which is pretty$$, but the more you spend on the sheets the cheaper it becomes and they give you full printing rights, so you can take it to walmart or wherever there is a photo printing place and order whatever you want.
August 29th, 2013, 08:27 AM
When I buy a disk from a photographer (or in my case my friends kid who has a great camera) I order prints from mpix.com. Or you can upload them to Walgreens, Costco, Walmart etc photo lab. But mpix mails them to my house.

So far no major home disasters today. But #1 thinks she has a yeast infection. I called our family doc to get an oral anti fungal, but I'm not sure they will call it in without seeing her. She does NOT want to be "seen". I love how much of a prude she is.
UrbanMomma likes this.
August 29th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Yeah they'll probably want to see her. There can be two scenarios there, it could be yeast, or it could be bacterial. Both treated very differently. I've never had that issue, just bladder infections. Knock on wood lol.

Have to take Bastian to the doc at 1:30 for his toe. I'm pretty sure it's infected. Not sure what they will do for it. Hopefully nothing that involves too much touching, not sure I can hold him down. Little kids like him are so strong for their size!

August 29th, 2013, 10:02 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Getting ready for the 3 littles to start school next week. Had open house at the school already for 2 of them and have another in mid sept for the other. They are really excited but we still have to do some more shopping.

its been a nightmare trying to find " the right" backpack for DD1, and shoes! still need to her list of supplies and some other stuff. I cant wait to see how things will go with 3 kids starting and stopping at different times throughout the day!!
August 29th, 2013, 10:20 AM
If I pay several $100 dollars for a photographer, I want print pictures, not a dam disk. Just sayin. Oh ya know what, I do know someone who takes pics, I should get her to take some. She is a poor college student, she'll do it for a few bucks. She is good too.

I need to go find black school uniform pants for Nazaaria. Sounds easy, right? Hahaha. Not for Zari. She has clothing issues, she won't wear pants that are too loose or baggy around the ankles. This is the same child who hates socks because they give her "toe wedgies."

FW, has she ever had a yeast infection before? If not, they will want to see her probably. I hate being "seen" too. You'd think I'd be over it by now, eleven kids and all. But nope. I have an all clothing remains on policy at all doc appts.
#12 is on the way

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search