I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1817Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No she hasn't. I was hoping they would doit for me but I haven't heard back. So I'm going to get the OTC stuff.

The weather here is gorgeous! Just got back from the pool. The sky is so blue and the breeze is cool, but the sun is hot!
August 29th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I would just the OTC also, better then letting it wait.

Went out to get in my car yesterday and it was dead. The husband jumped it and let it run, turned it off, and dead. Did it again and let it run longer, and now it seems okay. Will have to get a battery at some point, I'm sure.
August 29th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Antibiotics for Bastian's toe, now he's downstairs in the playroom watching tv, and being very very quiet, I hope he didn't fall asleep lol

Rob and I are going for a walk tonight. I AM getting my ice cream **** it! I only have $5 left though, til tomorrow, which all of that and then some is spent anyway. **** kids and having to eat and live in a house!

August 29th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Um, I'd love to but I bet the ticket would be pricey!
Mpix.com is the place to go! Their prints are the highest quality you can get from a non-pro lab. It's funny that you say you don't want the disk and want prints. Lots of photogs are being forced to sell the disk only because that is all anyone wants. It's sad really.
Portrait studios are going under because they are so cheap. Sears and Walmart had to close theirs down. Photography is a lot more expensive than people want to realize and they can't keep going at rock bottom prices. It's kinda funny though. You'd think the big chains would be able to make it. It really proves a point.

I'm having a crazy, rollercoaster of emotions kind of day.
August 29th, 2013, 04:43 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I guess I am old school. I don't expect free, but wow, some prices are sooooo high.

I did message the girl I know, (middle kids cousin on their dads side), she said she would love too take pics, I'd just have to pick her up, no car. That works. She is good. I'll give her some money too. I'd rather she took the pics then the cheapie chains.
#5in2005 and Momtothe6thpower like this.
#12 is on the way
August 29th, 2013, 05:06 PM
I should have had faith.

I called our family doc and left a message. His nurse usually calls me back around lunch time. No call. I called again around 4 and ask if we can come in today or tomorrow but they are booked. So I call our insurance company urgent care, they get her an appt at 5, get a script, go to the pharmacy. While waiting, I check my messages. My nurse said they called the script in. Sorry she didn't get back to me earlier.

I'm stupid.
August 29th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
no. You were just making sure she got what she needed.

No baby today! They got her to the hospital, all settled in, then a few hours later a different dr with a different opinion came in and said it's too soon, come back next week. I would have been SO mad. And my mom is having a minor heart attack over it, because my cousin lost a baby nearly full term and she also had too much amniotic fluid.
August 29th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Adorama Pics is awesome also. Cortney their metallic prints are beautiful. I love them.

FW, you just did what you needed to do. If nurses and doctors didn't take hours to get back with their patients (I understand they are busy) these types of things wouldn't happen.

#5 boo to no baby. I wouldn't be happy either.
August 30th, 2013, 04:57 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
My older 3 started school yesterday. Woo hoo!! I'm thrilled for a routine back because there's been WAY too much tv time, but kind of sad to see another year starting also. Of course, they brought home all their required paperwork. They told me if it was filled out and turned back in today, they got a candy bar (#2 & #3 anyhow). I told them I'd buy them a candy bar so I didn't have to fill it out last night.

On the new news front, I'm pretty sure I'm quitting my job.....

August 30th, 2013, 05:49 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Morning ladies.

I'm tired. DD had to go to a football game last night with the band. They didn't return to the school until MIDNIGHT!! and it was a school night!!

Yesterday I watched a friend's kids for her while she went with her SO for a heart check up. Another friend has been dropping her kid off every morning at 6 am to catch the bus with mine because friend has to be at work at 7 am and her kid can't be left alone to catch the bus. The first friend always pays me for watching her kids, second friend just expects that I'll do it because we're "friends" buy my DH is not happy that we only seem to hear from her when she needs something.

I just want sleep.

August 30th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Number5 I hope quitting your job is a good thing..?

BM8, I remember those nights well.
August 30th, 2013, 08:13 AM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hi ladies! its been busy here and my whole routine is out of order. long story short, I have my daughter and her two kids living with me....again. not by choice but by circumstance. therefore, my life is no longer quiet...or calm. but it is going pretty well for this being the 5th day.

good luck #5, I know that being home with your babies is where your heart is.
August 31st, 2013, 06:52 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Terre I hope it calms down for you!

I have a ton of milk in my fridge.
August 31st, 2013, 08:14 AM
I sure wish we were neighbors.

I have a slight cold. Our power went out for like 3 hours last night. I had everyone in bed, reading story to them and it went out. My plan for the night was eating in front of the tv. Instead, I sat in the dark. Bored. Tried to sleep.

All is well and bright and sunny today. Going to the grocery. Maybe hitting the mcds before I go.
mom2many2010 likes this.
August 31st, 2013, 08:34 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My drive by update.

Absolutely nothing of any interest is happening here today.

That's it.
HalfDozen likes this.

August 31st, 2013, 11:11 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Thanks for the suggestions, ladies!

I would love to go the Super Nanny route, but I seriously doubt my patience and dedication to the method, if I'm being totally honest. I took your advice to heart and spent some time really thinking about what makes that crazy kid tick. I tried the baby doll thing but she was NOT into it (jerk!) so I've tried reading stories while I'm nursing (I had been turning on her favorite shows but she was still jumping around like a wild thing) The stories are working pretty well, unless one of her older sisters has the "nerve" to come and listen, lol. Anyway, I've come to the conclusion that the only thing she wants more than to get her way all the time is to be with us, so instead of fighting her into submission Super Nanny style, I have been picking her up and hauling her naughty little fanny to her room and locking her in for a time out, once she stops screaming, she can come out and get hugs and kisses and be with us again. It's only been a day, so I can't say if it's working or not, but it's a method that I'm at least confident I can be consistent with, so we'll give it some time and see how it goes.

FW--I hope DD is feeling better!

M2M--dead battery is the pits. My kids can reach the dome light inside the car now and every so often turn it on and I don't notice until we're all buckled in and I try to start the car and it's dead. We got a portable battery charger which has worked pretty well but it still is super annoying when it happens!

5--Was quitting part of your plan so you could be home with the kids? Hope everything is ok!

UM--how was the game?

Terre--hope things are going ok with the new routine at home!

I'm also looking forward to school starting. The kids' preschool is under construction so they just pushed back the start date by a week. I wanted to cry. We are also going through too much tv/screen time. I'm looking forward to both the routine and the chance to spend a little more one-on-one time with Adelaide, I think it will help her.

And yes, photographers here are very expensive, too. There's a mom from our church that takes great portraits of kids and newborns, I looked into booking her but it was a $350 sitting fee PLUS a minimum $500 print order and no digital rights. I like having some prints, but I also love having the digital copy of all the pictures to share with family and let them get their own prints, and I certainly don't have $850 to spend on newborn portraits, no matter how wonderful they are, so we just went with the ones they took at the hospital. I am asking my family for a nice professional family portrait for Mother's Day, so I hope that happens (but I also hope it's not $850!)

Nothing super interesting going on here today, it's storming, DH took DD2 up to Madison for the football game, so it's just me, 1, 3 and 4 at home. We made some no bake cookies which the kids apparently don't like and I like waaaaaay too much. I got my work out in this morning, almost nap time for dd3 and I promised dd1 she could have popcorn and watch Hercules this afternoon. We did have some local "excitement" last night--two houses in our neighborhood were struck by lightning and caught on fire within 20 minutes of each other. There still aren't many details, and I didn't know the families. There was damage, but I think at least one of the homes is still livable while they wait for repairs, and no one was injured, praise God!

Mom to four beautiful girls

August 31st, 2013, 01:10 PM
I'm in a really bad mood, tired of having to leave my own house and try to entertain the kids elsewhere while dh cuts hair because we can't agree on the "rules."

I was gone for almost five hours today and I get back and he has 5 people in my back room and starts yelling at Canaan because he is a baby and wants to hug his dad. He doesn't understand you are cutting hair and he can't pull on you.

***!!??

I hardly even got to but the baby down and he is having a **** fit. The starts right in on "well, I'll go to a shop. " At this point in time go wherever the **** you want. I don't care. Normal people work 8-9 hours, but I have haircuts in my backroom on weekends for 12-13 hours.

Then he has this incredibly inappropriate female in here with her lil boy and I have told him $5 isn't worth the the hell it will cause if she keeps coming over here.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
#12 is on the way
August 31st, 2013, 06:22 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
UM, sorry you're having a rough day!! Maybe it's the weather? My girls told me I needed to go back to bed and that I was being crabby.

I wouldn't say quitting my job was necessarily part of the "plan", but it's definitely something I want to do. Hubby's been working LOTS & LOTS of hours. He makes quite a bit less money than me, but he wants to do this, and I think he kind of feels that he owes it to me because I was the only one working for a while when he was in school. I don't feel that way, and I'm sad that he'll miss out on so many of the kids' things. But there seems to be no talking him out of it. It's been on the table for about 2 months at least. We've done the stay-at-home dad route before, and we know that doesn't work. I took a year off when we had our 3rd, and I loved it! Plus, he knew he got to come home to a clean house and dinner, without much stress really. And basically, I'm finding it impossible to get 40 hours of work done in 24 hours so I'm a little on edge about that. I have to give at least a month's notice so it will still be some time before I'm truly done, but it feels like that's definitely where we're headed. The older girls are pretty much on board with it as well, and I figured that would be the hardest sell. So, UM, I don't know how you can possibly work with your kids. I'm struggling to find the time for everything with only 5.

August 31st, 2013, 06:52 PM
The day got worse. The husband had to hold me back from crushing the chic across the street. All over some dumb lil kid ****. Her daughter and mine (Zari) arguing, calling each other names.

All summer long her kids and mine are getting along one minute then not the next. I just tell mine stay in our yard and don't play with them if you can't get along. I also tell mine don't hit and if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.

Now if her kids get out of control I just bring mine in and have them play in the back for awhile. I have sent hers back across the street. I don't feel the need to talk to her because it was just lil kid stuff.

I correct MY kids behavior, I don't correct her kids.

So she has the nerve to come across the street WITH another girl and tell my dd to tell me to come outside. I was busy making mac n cheese and had a screaming Evaani. So I said I'm not coming outside now, then thought about it (was already pissed about the dh crap) and went to put baby down. I passed dh and told him I was gonna go to jail, so he went out before me. By the time I get out there she is talking **** because Zari told her dd to go to "healthy.com" cause her daughter is a big girl.

IMO, who the hell cares, whoopty doo. Her daughter called mine a hoe and you didn't see me running across the street. Don't play together.

She kept running her mouth with her girl as back up.

(Oh last night Marquay and her son were arguing and she was yelling from her porch for her son to "bust him in his mouth." They are FOUR!!!)

So then she tells her daughter "next time she says something, hit the *****."

Thats about when I lost it and the husband and his friend had me in a lock holding me back. She goes on to say she is "gonna catch me." I told her *** "catch me right now, c'mon, my husband has me in a bear hold, come hit me."

Neither her or her friend came any closer.

So, that was my day. I have no flight reaction, only fight.
#12 is on the way
August 31st, 2013, 07:37 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Dang two houses struck? That's such an off thing.

UM, my flight would have went out the door also. I'm pretty calm for the most part, and fairly slow to anger, but when it comes to kids, my kids, my friends kids, families kids. I can let my mouth get away from me. I almost got arrested at a park once where my kids and bunch of kids friends were playing. Now the lady did exaggerate...sorda.It was funny cause all the older kids were calling back to the house, and the men got there in time to cool me down and just as the police arrived. Don't even get me started on the police, at one point the condescending ***** if an officer looked at me and asked if I was from Cali, so I said yes, she asked what part and I told her and she looked at me and said "We don't tolerate the ghetto California attitude up here." I swear I bit my tongue so hard it was darn near bleeding. I really wanted ti show her just how ghetto this Cali girl can get lol

Not much here, the kids went to the zoo with my MIL, and I went and got Ted's med's.

« whoops | Large Families | - »
Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search