I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2634Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm just up. Not since 4, maybe 6. Maybe 7. I just realized I should have started yesterday. Hmmmmm.
September 5th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Poor kiddo! Hope she feels better.

I looked at the clock at 2:30 and I swear a minute later it was 6:30. I heard Lyss banging around in the bathroom and my first thought was 'what the heck is she doing up!'. I don't feel all that tired though.

When I'm Due...

When I think this baby will actually come out

September 5th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I slept like a baby. Probably because I was up from 2-5 the night before.

It's looking like today is baby day for my brother for real.

My mother is THE best at giving me a guilt trip without actually speaking words of disapproval. I'll have to watch that I don't start doing that to my kids.
September 5th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I'm a horrible sleeper. I wake up multiple times a night, but when I am asleep I sleep like the dead.

BM8, hope little one feels better. I had a fever a few nights ago and woke up feeling fairly ok, the next day.

Cortney, I've been there. Kailyn got up one day and I thought it was like 5 in the morning and was peeved till I looked at the clock and it was 7:30 lol

UM I'm an overthinker also, which is why I think I wake so much at night.
September 5th, 2013, 08:06 AM
All happy wishes for your brother's baby's arrival!

We are doing school work. We have 4H later. Dh is looking forward to football, I am looking forward to sleeping
September 5th, 2013, 08:29 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Oh my goodness, I am sooo excited for the first real season football game tonight. Actually tonight will be great, I get to see Elijaah play and then watch NFL. Yay!!!
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
September 5th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Our director chick is driving me out of my head. We are doing little shop of horrors. She has screwed everyone over at least once, she has driven the people who have been devoted to her the most-away, and even I am tired of trying. I think it will be a great show though.
September 5th, 2013, 11:29 AM
See people like that make me want to smack them. She just sounds annoying. LOL

Okay, which leads me into my question. How do I learn to like people? Seriously. I don't like people in general and there must be some way to figure this out. Other people like people, enjoy going to events where there are people. My husband is one of those people and we don't go anywhere because people put me in a really bad mood.
September 5th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Good luck with that!

I have a two year old terror in the house today! She tired to cover the cat in milk today. Just ran over and threw it out at her ALL OVER MY COUCH!! She peed on my carpet and then while cleaning it up she got peanut butter and smeared most of the jar onto one of her toys. I seriously think I'm just going to throw it away. I'm done and it's only 1!

the 'good luck with that' was for fw's director...I don't know how to like people, I just do or I don't. I do try to give everyone at least one chance though.

When I'm Due...

September 5th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Throw away the toy, the cat or the baby? lol

Got a chiro appointment for Bastian tomorrow, right after Weston's PT. Then he goes to school, it should be a long day for him lol
I'm not real happy about the bus schedule. Supposedly Bastian will be home at 337 each day, but the other kids get out at 330. So I'm supposed to make it home with 4 kids in 7 minutes? Not gonna happen. I have a call into the school to see if Noah can take Bastian off the bus. He gets off a little earlier since he's in middle school.
Momtothe6thpower likes this.

September 5th, 2013, 12:06 PM
I do like people. I like to help and give when I can. I like to encourage and challenge and laugh as much as possible. I am very extroverted and gain energy from being around others. UM you sound very much like an introvert who spends a lot of emotional energy being around outsiders. There is no changing that. You just have to be able to balance your needs with his. Unfortunately, you have trust issues and abandonment issues so you aren't going to be happy with him going out while you stay home snuggled with the baby and reading a good book. I guess I am just stating the problem rather than helping with the solution. I wish I had more. Ad my dh wishes I was more like you. He is very much like you. So I think this falls I to the opposites attract thing. He also wishes your lions were playing for you tonight.
UrbanMomma and MIL2lissy8 like this.
September 5th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Repti -- At this point, all 3! She wasn't done and managed two more huge messes. This has been the worst day with a two year old...EVER! All of my other children are going down as 2 yr old saints now thanks to her!

Still can't help with liking people...today I don't even like children. ;(

When I'm Due...

September 5th, 2013, 01:24 PM
An introvert with a type A personality and anger management issues. I'm a piece of work.

LOVE the boys point of view pic.

Repti, I have some issues with school release times too.

Hey Cortney my 3 yo will not potty train and is driving me CRAZY with all her accidents. I think she is going down as world's worst 3 yo. I will tell her to go potty, go in there with her, she will say she doesn't have to go, then will go hide and poop. UGHHHHHHH
September 5th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Thanks! I like it too. I'm thinking of having it printed and hanging it outside the boys' room.

When I'm Due...

September 5th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Becca busted her face tonight. Fell over a crack in the cement with her scooter, landed on the handle part right on her lip/chin. No stitches. It's ugly looking, but it should hopefully heal well. She cried and said she was afraid she wouldn't be pretty for school anymore lol

My face is breaking out like crazy I want to get this iud taken out, and maybe the the paraguard one. If insurance wont cover it , I'll just go without lol
UrbanMomma likes this.

September 5th, 2013, 06:15 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I don't know that I'm much help with liking people, although I have to at least pretend to for my job. My best advice would be the adage "Fake it till you make it". Start off being nice to people even if you don't mean it. Over time, you might find you really do want to like some of them. No one likes everyone so I don't think you should aim too high. Test it out on a few people, and hopefully, you truly will like at least one of them. Hubby is more social than me, but neither of us like events where we have to be around lots of people. We hide in the corner....or avoid going altogether.

Today at work, one of our employees told me I looked like hell. I even put extra effort in today - straightened my hair, wore a dress, put on my heels. I didn't even know what to say. Then, she couldn't let it go. "Seriously, are you sick or something? You look really run down. You just don't look good." After she left, and I was telling my sister about it, I decided I should have said, "Yeah, this morning sickness is a real killer!" Hubby didn't think that was funny when I told him. Spoil sport!!
~mommy~ likes this.

New picture in progress......
September 5th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
ha ha that would have been a perfectly funny response, number5.

I must be crazy. I signed up to sell Norwex along with my daughter as a way to help her have an income till a regular job happens. I don't have time to pee in a pot much less do all the prep stuff and training that has to be done WITH her. thankfully, there is no minimum commitment to sell. maybe I can do the training next week.

~~terre~~
September 5th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Good luck with the new venture!

If you aren't familiar with little shop of horrors, there are three black girls who sing through out the story. They have that distinct black Motown sound. Director chick planned for those three to be this one awesome black singer and these two girls who are mixed girls, decent singers, been with us forever. But not black enough(?). The awesome girl got a summer gig in Branson, paid, so she isn't in it. Instead of bumping my daughter in the third spot, she went and found 3 black singers from the university 45 minutes from here, bumping our mixed girls down. They were very upset by it. Well, two of the three university girls have dropped out (one tonight). This is what you get when you beg people who don't want to do something to do something and then treat everyone like crap.
September 5th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I'd had a big reply for everyone earlier, but my internet dropped as a storm was moving in, and then all hell broke loose here.

I was watching the storm come in. I heard it, but it didn't look that bad. Then it started to pour. It let up a bit for about 2 minutes and then it hailed. I'm talking large gumball size hail. The sound on my tin roof was more then I could handle, just as the hubby said he needed to go to work. I had a panic attack/meltdown, full on hysterics. I can not even describe the sound...

The hubby calmed me down, then went to take a look outside and we were flooding. My basement has 4-5 inches of water in it. A friend brought us her shop vac, stopped and bought us one. Sam, her boyfriend and Megan came and helped us get it out, including all of the carpeting in the girls room. Vanna's mattress, is soaked. It came in through some heater vents in the ceiling? Tomorrow, if it dries out completely I'll get it finished.

I am so emotionally and physically drained...
September 5th, 2013, 07:55 PM
I saw your pics! That was some storm! I am so sorry about all the water. What a mess! I hope you can get some good help cleaning it up.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search