I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2180Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
What are the odd's that my basement would flood twice in one summer? Once by me (lol) and once by mother nature. If I understood the news. It was two storms that clashed, one from the north (colder) and one from the south. I think there was even a picture/report of a tornado, but it didn't touch the ground.

I think I scared the kids a little in my panic, I was covering my ears and rocking. I've always liked thunder and lightning, and I don't really know why I reacted like that, other then the sound
September 5th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I cant say as I blame you for losing it -- it sounds like it was a nasty storm.

~~terre~~
September 5th, 2013, 09:59 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ah man, I'm sorry M2M.
Man these panic attacks are hitting all over right now. Sounds very much like Lyssa's. I hope you were able to get some rest. She was completely out for a couple hrs after hers.
September 5th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hate thunder storms, always have
September 6th, 2013, 05:41 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I love thunder storms. Other than wanting to be a narco when I was a kid, I wanted to be a storm chaser. Not sure how I ended up being a truck loader and having a billion kids.

Sorry about all the water, hope you get it all cleaned up.

Terre good luck with the new venture
#12 is on the way
September 6th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I've always loved thunder storms also, I think it was the sound, imagine a train going through your house while someone is shooting and AK-47 at the house.

The floors in the rooms are dry, not in my laundry room though, and the bed is still soaking. There is a ton of dirt down there though so I'm gonna need to go buy a new one since mine broke when we were trying to keep the water off the porch (didn't work lol). Oh and my porch...it's supposed to be cement. I could probably plant flowers in it
September 6th, 2013, 08:59 AM
****, how much rain did you get??

I am trying to be nice to people today. Its going great. Okay, so I have been nowhere yet today and only one person came over for a cut. But hey, start small, right??
#12 is on the way
September 6th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So we are broke right? Like always. But I went to the shoe store to get #7 her dance shoes. She was buying one pair and I was buying the other. But it is bogo, so I also bought some sandals for 1&3. I bought these cute silver sparkle sandals for me. #3 liked them so we have been sharing. Well then 1 wants to wear them it she has this major nasty athletes foot thing going on, so I wouldn't let her. She got all mad. S I got them their own so I can have mine to myself.
September 6th, 2013, 10:47 AM
I am trying to find Marquay some shoes for school. They have to be all black. Its harder then it sounds.
#12 is on the way
September 6th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
school shoes are my biggest expense for the kids
September 6th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was only able to get a few of the kids gym shoes. Noah can just use the shoes he wears all the time.

Sorry about your storm! I am in the "likes storms" group, but now having kids I always wake up and stay up expecting someone to come running into my room.

It's so quiet here today, Bastian's first day of school. I also brought him to the chiro for the first time. It went good, the doc is SUPER nice to kids. He said he is one of 15 Bastian's back is all sorts of messed up though, poor guy. I guess I never thought of it before and now I feel guilty.
UrbanMomma likes this.

September 6th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
UM, the overall storm was about an hour. The main part that created all of this mess was maybe 20 minutes. I think it was over an inch of rain that fell in those 20 minutes. I went into town to get cleaning supplies and some if the fields are total losses. The corn looks like someone has stripped. Mint fields completely smashed, it's crazy.
September 6th, 2013, 03:55 PM
That sucks, M2M.

Repti, glad you found a good doc!

So I wasn't mean to anyone all day. I'll try this again tomorrow, it will be busy tomorrow, we'll see how it goes.
#12 is on the way
September 6th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Went and saw the baby today, SO cute, he's a little sweetheart. We got him a little pair of cowboy boots. His name is Daylen. His name has grown on me now that he's out. Not sure what his middle name is yet. Brother's gf mom has not come to see the baby, because she's mad they're not married and as a result gf's 10 year old daughter has not seen her little brother yet either. My quite conservative mom was there to admire her new grandson when he was 3 hours old
September 6th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Good for your mom. No matter what, none of anything is a baby's fault.

Speaking of being nice, my mom called to tell me about her engagement. I was super nice and said congrats and wished her well. She said she hasn't told my sister yet, so for me not to say anything. I said not to worry about it. Now, I want to call my sister and strongly encourage her to be nice. The marriage may not happen and there is no sense in being unpleasant. Further more, I think we should throw the wedding! I think it would be nice. Just us, my mom and her fiancé, my sister and her wife, and my moms BFF and her husband. That's only 17 people, 18 with an officiant. We could make it happen. My sis will flip when I suggest this! Or maybe she is still reading here. What do you think, sis?
September 6th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
private post.

September 6th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Yep, its not the baby's fault.

I remember way back in the day (lol....19 years ago) my moms sister was HIGHLY offended I would dare to have a "mixed" baby (if she had only known then he was just the first of ELEVEN!!! bwhahahaha). She actually told me to my face I should have an abortion. Yeah, glad even back then i didn't give a ---- what anyone thought.

I really want a drink tonight.
Babymakes8 likes this.
#12 is on the way
September 6th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll join you in that drink!

September 6th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Just so you know, sis was not down with the "be nice and let's throw the wedding" idea.
September 6th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Why not FW?

I want kit kat minis!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search