I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2115Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2013, 08:58 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Congrats on the nephew...

Glad the headache is better today!! You know its bad when it makes you throw up. I get headaches that last sometimes for a couple of days and the hair on the top of my scalp actually hurts .. strange I know but it does.

NOthing else can go wrong now FW..right?? wishing you a fast and problem free smooth move!!

My husbands brother and his wife and their 2 children are coming this weekend and my DD1 cant wait cus they are 1 month apart in age and are best friends even though they dont see each other often because up until now lived in different countries. All of my children have cousins the same age cus big families are the norm with DH's side.
Going to try and get a surprise delivery of our homemade chocolate chip cookies to their hotel room when they arrive as its all of our favorite!!!

Nothing else new here still pregnant and gaining weight
March 21st, 2013, 12:21 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's nice about the cookies!

I painted the rest of the little 'holes' that were cut out when they insulated upstairs, and painted Weston's bedroom door, and the door frames at the top of the stairs (boys room, weston's room, and closet). Only thing that's not done upstairs now is Weston's room. That will get done eventually, it needs to be re-textured, painted, window framed, carpet edging stuffs... etc etc. I have no more ambition. Plus I have paint for the basement playroom, so that will get touched up before anything else.

I might hem up some curtains yet today too, we'll see.

March 21st, 2013, 01:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
hope the headache is all gone

Have fun with the family!

Wow, productive day Repti.

I've spared you all the play by play of my bookkeeping organization (I mention it enough when I'm doing the computer aspect) but I've got it all ready to leave my house. Fi-nal-ly.
March 21st, 2013, 01:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh and Repti, I love your siggy, and particularly the picture on the bottom right, so very cute!
Repti.Mom likes this.
March 21st, 2013, 01:56 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I love cookies! Enjoy their visit!

Repti, that car has been a lemon since it was drove off the lot. the only reason she hasn't set it on fire is because she is still paying on it....and would have no other vehicle. She just wants it to last long enough to pay it off and then let it be someone else's problem.

I have been busy all day, but by looking at the house you wouldn't know it.
March 21st, 2013, 06:43 PM
Thanks I need to make a new one though, he's almost 6 months old already! 2 days

I have been washing all night, but I'll post about it tomorrow. Breakfast for dinner for Rob and I, he made it awesome. Kids had sandwiches and bananas.

March 21st, 2013, 06:55 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i had breakfast for diner too! with a glass of wine on the side, followed by hot fudge sundae and a glass of brandy. is it obvious that i am not in a good mood tonight?! it's almost 7pm and i am seriously considering jammies and bedtime about now.

~~terre~~
March 21st, 2013, 07:44 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sad night for our little town.
It's been snowing most of the day and while the roads weren't horrible the bridges were slick. A young girl (last years graduate, friend of my niece) spun out into the other lane on the bridge and another young girl (senior) crashed into her. The older girl died and the senior is going to be ok physically but the mental toll will be difficult to bare. They, of course, know one another...as well as the families. Both families could use all the prayers they can get.

Last edited by Momtothe6thpower; March 21st, 2013 at 07:46 PM.
March 21st, 2013, 08:32 PM
that is sad. i hope your community will pull together and help these families.

~~terre~~
March 22nd, 2013, 05:40 AM
That is a very sad situation. Hopefully time will heal her pain, and she knows it was purely an accident. Doesn't bring the other girl back, but neither will beating herself up over it.

I made that slow cooker breakfast, Becca is already saying she doesn't like it, and she didn't even try any. Too bad she's not getting anything else til lunch.

So last weekend we had a couple and their daughter spend the weekend here. Rob and the guy went and got all his fishing stuff, (the other guy's, Rob already has his), and we just hung out and had a big dinner and stuff.
So yesterday the dad calls me and says the girl has lice. Awesome. So I washed all the bedding last night, and hats/gloves/jackets, and bought two bottles of that lice shampoo and shampooed all the kids minus Weston, I'm not going to use pesticides on a baby. I shaved all the boys again. Noah and RJ's hair wasn't too long from last time I shaved them. Bastian had pretty long hair. I was trying to grow it out how it used to be, all curly and cute, but since the first time I shaved it it got thick and wirey anyway, so oh well. I'm not TOO freaked out because everything is washed, and I vacuumed, of course I vacuum every day, but lice can't live off of a human for more than two days IF there is any on my kids.
So that was my fun night.

March 22nd, 2013, 05:58 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Sad about the girls.

Have a better day, Terre.

Did you find any bugs?

Going to pick up my last two checks from work, then midwife appt.
#12 is on the way
March 22nd, 2013, 06:11 AM
no, no bugs. Just spent 30.00 on the shampoo as a precaution I guess.

March 22nd, 2013, 06:19 AM
I finally picked up the packages that were at the post office, and sent e-mails to get my shipping refunded. The one I paid 8.27 total for shipping, the other 7.59. That was 3.28 and 2.64 on top of what I already had paid for the shipping. I told them I want some of my shipping refunded.

March 22nd, 2013, 07:17 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
So sad about the young girls. We had a similar situation a few years back.

Lice was the devil in my house for about a year, years ago, ugh I tried everything. I mean we didn't have much in the house so cleaning was easy but those little devils loved Megan, not so much the other kids. I was days away from shaving her head when I gave tea tree a try. It worked where the prescription crap wouldn't. She was very happy to get to keep her hair, which was already pretty short, but not shaved lol

Good luck with MW appointment!

Woke up to some snow on the ground, not a lot but enough to make a mess. Our weather needs to get better, I really want to get on my tire swing project but we have been so windy I couldn't spray paint, now the snow.

Last edited by mom2many2010; March 22nd, 2013 at 07:20 AM.
March 22nd, 2013, 07:19 AM
Was it good stuff??

Lice = Crisco. Slather head, wrap head up in shower cap. Leave on all day or night. Wash hair many times, but lice do NOT survive and its cheaper.

Someone tell me not to stop at the bakery next to MW office to get a coconut cupcake. They are soooooooooooo good.
#12 is on the way
March 22nd, 2013, 07:46 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
UM...enjoy that cupcake. I can not tell you not to get one, they sound very yummy!

We tried Crisco, we tried everything, even dog shampoo. I mean if someone suggested it, we tried it. Our doc said we had a very resistant strain. Every time the kids would come home with one of those notes from school, I would cringe inside. Luckily that was our one and only, very long round, with those nasty little buggers.
March 22nd, 2013, 07:46 AM
Any kind of oil works. They are just like mites or fleas. Actually you can use cat flea stuff too lol. I just bought people stuff. The boys hair is all VERY short, like under 1/4'', I didn't see anything on the girls but treated them anyway. I just wish they would have told me about it earlier in the day, it takes a LONG time to wash all the bedding in this house.

I fell outside today. I give up, not going back outside til the snow melts.

Oh, the stuff in the mail was two of Jayde's b-day gifts. One company goes by two names, so that was the one I was confused about.

Unless you mean the breakfast, in which case, yes *I* thought it was good, the kids not so much. Guess I wont make it again. Rob has lots to take to work with him now though I guess.

March 22nd, 2013, 08:28 AM
ick...now my head is itching!!!!

sitting here trying to figure out what to do. have two appts to look at houses today. trying to find cheaper in a decent neighborhood and having trouble. where we live now IS cheaper than most around here. unfortunately, we are trying to stay in this area because of school boundaries. not sure if it is gonna happen.

even tried to write a blog post today but have nothing to say. i hate when i feel this way.

~~terre~~
March 22nd, 2013, 09:30 AM
no cupcake!!! somehow I gained 7 lbs. oh hell no.
#12 is on the way
March 22nd, 2013, 09:39 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've heard tea tree oil in regular shampoo will repel them. We did that for a little bit after #3 ended up with them last year. They didn't spread and we only had that one case of them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search