I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2072Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2013, 09:43 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
ok, I am going back off caffeine, back to no treats (except Sunday), and stricter low carbs. I want to lose 35 pounds.

My kids love kit kats.
#12 is on the way
September 7th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Bought Mimi a new phone yesterday, and it won't charge so I have to take that back, then I have to stop by D&B and get some new shovels and a bigger broom for the porch.

Mimi is home for today so we are going to tackle the rest of the rooms (only got the laundry area done). Then tonight the kids are going to Sam's to spend the night. Not sure if I mentioned this, but her boyfriends nephew (16) lives with them. He has a little brother (7) who was upset that he doesn't get to live with them, so Sam has him stay the night every once and a while, well tonights his night and she thought the little ones and him would have a blast together. She's a brave girl, LOVES kids, but will probably never give me any grandkids. I will have to be content with grandpuppies lol

I'm tired and still want Kit Kat mini's lol
September 7th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I ate a lot of chocolate last weekend and I normally don't even love it. I could have 10 kit kat's in front of me and not eat them. Just don't ask me to give up coffee

How come your sister wasn't on board fw?

Our 11 horses got out overnight, so it was quite the excitement this morning. Thankfully it didn't take us long to spot them and we caught them easily. It helps having good neighbors too.
UrbanMomma and mom2many2010 like this.
September 7th, 2013, 10:56 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Butterfingers and Tootsie Pops are my weakness. I won't even buy them for the kids because of the temptation. Someday they will be like "hey whats this new candy just came out??" LOL

Glad you rounded up the horses quickly.
#12 is on the way
September 7th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I have to share a classic Megan moment. I'd like to say she had a brainfart but truth is, she's ditzy.

Yesterday I bought her a new phone, it wasn't charging right so we decided to take it back today. We get to the store, exchange everything, pull her old SIM's card out, ect,..

Kailyn and I needed to use the restroom, so I handed Megan everything, told her to put it in and power it up and make sure her stuff transferred. Kailyn and I come out and she says that the battery must be dead cause it won't power up. I have to admit I find that a little odd, but don't really think a whole lot of it. I tell her we'll just charge it some in the car then.

We get out to the car, she plugs it in and it's not doing anything. Okay odd, but alright. As we are driving I ask her if she maybe put the battery in wrong. Her reply "I didn't put a battery in". So I say, "well you had to have put the battery in, how else would it work". Seriously, she didn't put the battery in it.

I dang near wrecked I was laughing so hard!
September 7th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
that is funny, m2m!

September 8th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I'm tired. I think being out in all that rain, and being soaking wet for a few hours has given me a cold. I was so COLD last night, and sweaty...yuck.

I wished I could just sleep all day but the laundry still needs to be finsihed and the girls room needs to be done
September 8th, 2013, 07:50 AM
I hope you're feeling better, m2m!

Dh and I are tentatively planning a trip to FL for the 3rd week of October.
Farmers-wife likes this.

September 8th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Work hard and rest well. I am proud of you for keeping on trucking through the mess.

My bank website is down. I hate that. How did people exist before online banking?
September 8th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Thanks FW and BM8.

I have the girls room 90 percent done. Saved what could be saved, cleaned, dusted and mopped the last of the dirt up, and best new is Vanna's mattress is saved. I am just gonna go and buy a new pillow topper and she is all set to sleep in her room again. The only thing left is Megan going through some stuff on her bed. Oh and I found Sam's long 'lost' class ring!

I still have a ton of laundry. It's so daunting and some of the wet stuff is starting to get that "I've been wet to long smell". No, mold or mildew so I'm using vinegar and it seems to be working.

We still have about trips to the dump, and my porch needs to be cleaned. Ugh, I'm hoping Lupan will come out with his truck and help us with going to the dump.
September 8th, 2013, 01:06 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
M2M - you are such a hard worker!! I should have your energy.

yesterday was amazingly rough .....and it did not include my kids at all. details later after I write about it.

saw my oldest son and his wife in church this a.m. - they sat at the end of the same row as us and I didn't even know they were there. I went to say hi during the greeting period and got a stiff hug from both of them. saw them after with the boys and it was very uncomfortable. son is not talking much to me at all. sent him a text inviting them to breakfast but got no response. oh well, I tried.

its grandparents day and none of my kids or grandkids even remembered it. my heart hurts (not literally - my physical heart is healthy).

~~terre~~
September 8th, 2013, 01:41 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Um Im also starting the 'lower carb' lifestyle so I can do some seriously fast weight loss!!! its such an easy and super fast way to lose weight fast and then easy to manage from there.

m2m--funny about the phone battery!! hope you can get that wet smell out before it stays and then has to be thrown away. that happened to me before with swimming towels and there was no chance to get that smell out, no matter how much bleach I used.

#5 glad you got all the horses back.

MIL I have not read back so not sure exactly whats going on with your son but I have a lot of empathy for you, its got to really hurt when when theres distance between parent and child. Im really sorry your day wasnt acknowledged the way you wanted hopefully it will turn around!!!

Things are going alright here. D is growing and finally fitting in size 1 diapers now. she is doing really good and has just decided to change the type of binki she wants. she went from soothie brand to cherry nipple which if any of you moms know where I can find that type easily , please let me know cus its not around . I got gerber brand which doesnt seem that great of quality but it works!!

I also am getting my skin tags removed!! gross!! but doctor said its hormone related. The one that I had even got bigger!!
September 8th, 2013, 03:39 PM
I just wrote a very difficult letter to a very close friend. I needed to be honest about something. it was hard and it hurts me to have had to do it. waiting for the explosion now.....

might cost me a long-time friend but at least I know that I did the right thing.
mom2many2010 likes this.

~~terre~~
September 8th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
MIL, I'm not sure whats going on either, but.......HAPPY GRANDPARENTS DAY!!!

I didn't even know it was grandparents day

Amira, glad to hear little one is growing and healthy, and yes, wet clothes reach a point where they can't be saved.

Where the heck is everyone?

All the wet clothes almost done, to bad the regular laundry has been pilling up up lol

So another Meganism for you.

We're at Walmart so I can pick up a few things. We get to the register and I realize my wallet was left in the car, so I ask Megan to run out to the car and get. She gives me a blank look, and says "well where is it?"....."Um, the car like I just said"....."where's the car?"...."In the spot we parked it"....."Well which door should I use?"..."How about the door we parked in front of..?". Literally we parked right in front of the door. She still looks confused, but runs on her merry way. The cashier lady was trying so hard not to to laugh, I finally told her to go ahead and laugh this is pretty normal.
September 8th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Grand parents day isn't even on my radar. I wouldn't take that too personally, they probably didn't even know it was a thing today.

I have been out all day with kids at the pool for #5's birthday. He had a great day and a lot of fun and good times with his buddies. Then we all came here and some played video games, some played Legos, everyone ate. The house is still trashed but I'm sitting here listening o tales of tech week. I hope the show goes well.
September 8th, 2013, 08:26 PM
I know I sound like a baby but in the past it has been remembered. my son is still upset with me from two weeks ago or more...whenever he kicked out my daughter. I don't take much of it seriously - -families go through hard times with each other.

~~terre~~
September 8th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry things aren't going smoothly between you, family and friends, Terre!
September 9th, 2013, 04:58 AM
i feel like a horrible mom! Gave my 5 yr old his bath this morning, and his scrotum is completely empty. I don't always think to check for those things on my boys

I don't always do the yearly check ups with my kids, so the last check up he had was when he was 3 and it was a full physical and everything seemed fine then. At least the doctor didn't have any concerns then.

So I guess I'm calling the doctor today. And I hate that because I get bullied about vaxing and I hate that.

September 9th, 2013, 05:15 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sebastian's seems like that too, but he's fine. He just has really small testicles LOL

September 9th, 2013, 05:27 AM
You would have known by now. They go up and down. They check them when they are babies. I had one with ectopic testicle, it went right down his inner thigh instead of into the sack. They knew it wasn't there at birth. You would have been told. His likely went back up from cold water. Check him after he has been running around and hot.

I put #8 back in a diaper today. He pooped in his pants every day, multiple times since Thursday. So back to a diaper we go. I have never had one do this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search