I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2431Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That reminds me of something the husband says. When ever the boys hurt themselves down there he says "Oh wait til they drop, it will hurt even more"...

Bastian has another chiro apt today at 8:45, then I have to drop off Rob's check stubs for our review. Sucks because he had 2 bigger checks, and now this week his check will be only about 3/4 of those, and we'll get less food. Can't win. I even had to apply for an 800.00 instant loan thing so they wouldn't repo the van. Things will be ok eventually again. Can't wait til we pay off that stupid truck too. At least they are more lenient and NICE about the van payment. They don't start calling at 12:01 AM the day the payment is due hah.

September 9th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I meant to check him again before he left for school. They weren't down while he was getting dressed. I'll check him again after he gets home from school.

September 9th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
wow, lots happening for everyone......and I guess it's no different here.

I am having interesting visitors later though, this girl that went to our church years and years ago when we were kids and has been living in Asia for many years moved back here, and she is coming with her Japanese visitors, so they can ride a horse, see the longhorns and take lots of pictures (haha, her words not mine). I invited them for supper, because I thought it would be interesting for the kids (and me).
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
September 9th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
my friend received my letter just fine and we had a long talk about it all. things are resolved.

my son will get over it.

I walked this morning ....more than I am used to. tomorrow I start at the gym with my daughter. looking forward to it actually.

must go finish this load of laundry or the rest will never happen.

see private post.....

~~terre~~
September 9th, 2013, 12:43 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Sounds fun #5.

MIL, glad things went well with the friend. Good luck with the gym.

I never checked anybody's boy parts.

Our bridge card got cut off, I had to reapply. It is such a PITA. It was not because of anything I did. The worker never sent the recertification papers. I called 2x a day for two weeks and she never answered her phone or called me back. I even called her supervisor and she never called me back either.

My 21yo stepson got shot last night, in the leg. This is the second time. He continues to want to live that "hood" life. He has a dd that is only 2 weeks younger than Kya (3). He says the baby momma's new bf set him up.
#12 is on the way
September 9th, 2013, 01:29 PM
That's just lovely UM... What does your husband have to say about it?

Noah has his first flag football practice tonight. I'll drop him off, and Rob will pick him up. Maybe watch him practice for a bit. Their first game is weds lol

September 9th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Flag football is fun, is he excited?

The husband thinks his son needs to get out of Detroit and get a job, stop acting stupid and running the streets.
#12 is on the way
September 9th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Kids are home. I checked my 5 yr old. Nothing. Calling the dr. in the morning.

September 9th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I've never actively checked any of my boys parts either...unless asked.

#5 Sounds like a great learning opportunity! Ted would be in heaven.

MIL, glad things are working themselves out.

Good luck to Noah, it's a lot of fun!

UM, your husband is right, but it's hard life to get out of. I think I mentioned that my sister had twins prematurely. Well their dad is still in prison for gang activity.

My sister's second childs dad was shot dead because of gang activity (bloods and crips). He was originally shot in the leg, but what he didn't know is that some friends were willing to testify against the people who shot him. They were moved out of the city, but never moved him out. Well just days before the trial was supposed to start he was killed. My sister was pregnant at the time. It was such a hard time for her. Gang life is not a life, it's an exsistance. I grew up around it, hung out with guys and girls from both sides, but was never 'in' a gang. I was a rare breed that could walk both sides of the 'lines'.

Went in to get the new battery for my car....and it was FREE, last month for it to be under warranty. I didn't even realize it came from Walmart lol So the money we would have used on a battery was used to buy KFC
September 9th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Isaac's dad was shot and killed when Isaac was 9 months old, down in FL actually, over a dime bag of weed. Dumb ****.

Aaron's dad and uncle are both in prison. His dad got 20-60 years and his uncle 50-100. More dumb ****.

All of them running the streets, wanna be gangsta's, drug dealers. Stupid.

His son is like that, he's going to end up dead or in prison too. The streets aren't worth it. I know, btdt. Its a waste.

Yay for a FREE battery and getting KFC instead!!
#12 is on the way
September 9th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know nothing about gangs. When I worked at the D center, I got a 30 min class on it so I knew when to put an end to any 'gang' like talk, activity but I don't remember much. I can't even remember all the names but I do remember laughing my butt off at the idea of any of the kids around here truly believing they were gang bangers, lol!
Then we got these 3 kids in that were originally from Chicago and their dad (a gang member) had been shot and thrown in a dumpster. They came down here to live with their mom and aunt and had only been here a couple weeks before all 3 ended up in the center and WOW! very different from what I'm used to. Their talk, their attitude, their actions...I knew I'd never beat them to a restraint so I played nice! I was also 8 months preggo with Lucas.

With that said, my kids are going to be criminals...they cracked my safe tonight! I'm so pissed. I got to hide things from them and now it's worthless. I've had it less than a week!
September 9th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
UM, I felt like I had won the lottery when the hubby suggested KFC. It's not his favorite place but he knows that I love chicken lol

It's also sad to watch it all happen (gang life) and know that they are headed nowhere. My step-dad, was affiliated with the Hells Angels. I'd say half our family at one point was in jail, the other half were drug addicts alcoholics, and of those at least 1/4 of them ended up dead. They were great 'uncles' though, despite their idiotic actions.

Cortney. I say the same thing about the gang's up here. They have no clue what it's really like, that doesn't mean they aren't dangerous, they just aren't as bad *** as they think they are.......How the heck did your kids break into your safe..!!?
September 9th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Yeah, ****, a week to break a safe. I was thinking of robbing a bank and all I need are a few good safe breakers....lmao

We have a big trunk with a padlock. Nobody has cracked that. LOL
#12 is on the way
September 9th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Now everyone is in a bad mood. They are home from play practice all mad at director chick. I'm all "whatever". I took #5 to football practice tonight. They started tackling training. Poor kid. He took it, did his best, but you could tell he was scared! It was his first time. I'm hoping it will toughen him up to stand up to #4. They are the same size, but 5 is scared of him. I think the tables may be turning soon.
MIL2lissy8 and mom2many2010 like this.
September 10th, 2013, 05:08 AM
My 14 yr old woke me up at 5 am. My alarm is set for 5:30 am. I wanted to kill her.

September 10th, 2013, 06:00 AM
What is wrong with her that she was up at 5? lol

Noah had fun last night. I had no clue what they were doing. I think Rob will just go to watch his games. All I see is a bunch of little kids running around in circles.

Why do your kids still do the play stuff if they don't like it FW?

Sooo, the 'ghetto' kid thing.. we are about 45 minutes north of Milwaukee, so definitely not in the city. We are getting a lot of migrants here though. I don't blame them, this city is MUCH better than Milwaukee still.
We do have the kids that try to act all gangster. For example the underagers that caused Rob problems three weeks ago. You got pictures like this:

I just laugh at it. Drop em of in Oakland or something and let the residents there sort them out.

September 10th, 2013, 06:10 AM
LOL Repti. We tell the kids around here even, and we are still considered the "hood," that we will drop them off on the east side and if they make it back alive they can claim gangsta. LOL

Detroit ain't no joke.
#12 is on the way
September 10th, 2013, 06:58 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Because they love it and this is our only option here. The director chick is crazy, but means well. It's hard to explain. Or we all have battered spouse syndrome.

We are so tired we aren't even going to get the free chick fil a food we have certificates for this morning.
September 10th, 2013, 07:09 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
LOL UM!

BM8 why was she up so early?
September 10th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think I am about as far removed from gangs and that kind of life as you can get, unless you count the recluse that lives in a cabin in the mountains.

The Japanese people were great, didn't speak a whole lot of english, but really friendly. They loved riding a horse and seeing our longhorns. Funny that KFC was mentioned in this thread, last night I learned that pretty much all of Japan eats KFC for their Christmas dinner. They usually have to wait 2 hours for their order, but that's what they eat. No one seems to be quite sure why.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search