I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2433Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 11th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
UM, sounds like that might have been interesting to watch, and good luck with the surprise kid. Did mom just up and leave him?

BM8, good luck with the appointment. I agree with the other ladies about just point blank telling them to butt out.

#5 ouch, I had a drive by on my face to long ago, but thankfully for one in my life the swelling was minimal.

Not much going on here. Cole has officially hit the pre-teens with a vengeance. The boy thinks he can challenge me...poor, poor child has no clue that I will always win. Big brother saw it this weekend and told him if he was smart he'd stop now cause he didn't want to see what happens when I am pushed to far. I guess like all the other kids, he will need to see what happens. lol
UrbanMomma likes this.
September 11th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is good news! Good luck.
September 12th, 2013, 06:38 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I am still practicing playing nice. Doing pretty good, although it does take effort. LOL. I was even nice to a guy (dh cuts his hair) and everything about him annoys the HE!! outta me. Ohh and I made conversation with another Pre-K mom while I was waiting for Marquay and I'd rather ignore everyone and stay in my own little world.
#12 is on the way
September 12th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Look at you growing. I'm impressed. I have a race question for you. I have noticed that at the ballpark none of the black people smoke. Is that a thing? Or just this small group?
September 12th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Just that group or they don't smoke around the kids.

Good job UM!
September 12th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Way to go UM.

My middle finger is really swollen from the wasp, as is the top of my hand. It's a nuisance. It feels fine when I'm not using it, but starts to hurt and feel very hot when I use my hand. And it itches! Good thing it's my left hand. I don't have dh around so you guys are getting the play by play

I guess I'll do some books today, and I'm planning dh's 40th birthday party.
September 12th, 2013, 08:28 AM
I don't know. I know from walking the kids to school that I see people (black and white...but more black because thats the area I live in) smoking while they walk kids to school, or while they are waiting to pick them up in the afternoon. So plenty of people around here don't have a smoking around kids issue.

Today is 18 years since Isaac's dad was shot and killed. He was 20. Isaac wants to go to the cemetery today.
#12 is on the way
September 12th, 2013, 09:22 AM
I'm sorry. I hope he can find some peace in visiting.

I just noticed that the only ones smoking at the ball park are these two scrawny white chicks. None of the black people, none of the Hispanics. So I was wondering if fewer minorities smoke and if so, why? But I haven't built my relationships with the rec park crowd yet. Working on it, but I have a friend whose kid is on the team so we have been talking to each other.
September 12th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ped appointment went ok. He is fine. Everything was where it should be, just uh..small? ok.

And I took UM's advice and asked them to put in the chart no vaxing. And they did.

September 12th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Glad everything is where it should be. He will grow. And it doesnt matter about the beans, it's the frank anyone will care about later.
Babymakes8 likes this.
September 12th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey that was me! BM8! LOL

I also looked up small testicle size, but it honestly doesn't matter, things can change over the years, especially during puberty.

I think a cemetery visit sounds like a nice thing for you and him to do together UM.

I can tell you that black people do smoke. Isn't it the stereo type that the smoke Newports, or other menthol cigarettes. (Which by the way here is almost $15 for two packs. Ouch.)

September 12th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Goodness FW, I **** near spit my drink out LMBO

BM8, she's right though

I smoked Newports for YEARS, then we moved up here and they were hard to find so I just go with any menthol flavor (yes, I still smoke).
Babymakes8 likes this.
September 12th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
FW, I think I just had tears run down my leg!!
Farmers-wife likes this.

September 12th, 2013, 01:22 PM
My dh smokes Newports....ohh and he's black. Just in case y'all didn't know. LMAO

Glad everything was okay BM8.
#12 is on the way
September 12th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
SEE! I'm right about these things.... and then I get called racist, because I say the stuff! haha

I am pretty sure that I am going to "sell" cigarettes. I'll do it just like coupons. You can't sell them, but you can sell your labor.. (the cutting of the coupons). I will buy the tobacco, make the smokes, and they cigarettes themselves are free, but you 'buy' my labor. Probably something like $3 a pack. I think I can make more than a carton out of each bag of tobacco (and tubes) but even with 1 carton it'd be something like $14 profit on a carton. I just have to actually DO it! There are a lotta lazy people around here. lol

September 12th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
It's not just Newports that are predominately black, it's menthol in general.

We might end up with a turtle I don't want. I had turtles as a kid, and as an adult (the same ones). I know how much work they are.

Megan bought her boyfriend one for his birthday. He's always talked about wanting one and his parents would get him one. Then this summer they told him they got him one and he was excited (he's 22 by the way), but it was just a wood turtle. Megan started buying stuff a while ago, she doesn't make a lot of money as a student cosmetologist. She was so excited to give it to him, and he hemmed and hawed about it. He needed to ask his roomates, she already did and they thought it was cool. I guess he thought she would lie about that cause he wanted to ask them himself. Then he needed to check with his landlord, not sure why, contained animals are pretty much acceptable in any apartment/house. Only cat's and dogs have restrictions. There were more excuses, so of course she is hurt cause she was SO excited about doing this for him. If he wasn't always a downer when she tries to do something nice I don't think I'd be bothered, but that isn't the case and I don't want a turtle!
September 12th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Little Shop of Horrors opens tomorrow Nd runs the next three weeks. Wish us luck. This show will make or break our theater group. And I have told you about our personality conflicts. It is going to be great, right?
Momtothe6thpower likes this.
September 12th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It will be epic!...one way or another, lol!
September 12th, 2013, 08:50 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
fw luck
m2m and everyone else in the smoking conversation~ my mom smoked newports til she couldn't afford them anymore now she smokes nasty cheap "cigars" she is the smallest white lady you would ever meet... dh smokes menthol also white. and our primary driver.....well she smokes capris and idr if they are menthol or not..she is also white. I used to smoke, but quit about 20 years ago. currently, none of our black friends/family smoke. Nor do our Mexican friends.
We had turtles~ I agree, too much work. We re-homed them, they are still enjoying them...2-3 months lol.
We had a bit of a hitch in the giddy-up after 1st week of school. I'm really hoping we have a resolution and it will be ok from here.
dd1 brought home a stray kitten a while back. She's been lax in the upkeep of the litter box. I went in to tend to it today and realized, she had been scooping the poop, but because we were using the wrong litter, not the urine. I will buy the right stuff tomorrow and fix it.
bm8....I think it might have been urine...
September 12th, 2013, 09:02 PM
I'm so glad I never started smoking. I can't imagine how hard it would be to quit.

Everyone is home from dress rehearsal. The bad moods are flowing like a mighty river. I'm ready for them all to go to bed. But now dh is watching football. He needs a nap.
~mommy~ likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search