I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1828Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
A lot of kids fail the first time. I did, and I still think the tester was full of ****! She'll get it next time cause she'll know what to expect.

We had a huge wasp nest outside our door, one stung me once when I was going outside. The hubby killed the little bastards. I swell horribly, my doc warned me that I could actually have a full blow reaction one of these days because of how badly I react.

I hate jury duty, not the doing it part but if people live paycheck to paycheck it makes it really hard to do.

He did bad like I expected, again I'm not worried he will catch up eventually.\

I think I forgot to mention that Sam got a new job, and a $2.00 pay increase. She no longer works for Verizon but she is now working in another call center for Obamacare lol. She's part of the new help center when people are looking at their options. Do you know they can't tell anyone where the office is, they can't link to it on FB and they have to use an Alias. She was telling me that her trainers name is Kasha, and went with the last name Check. Put it together and you have Kasha Check lol
UrbanMomma likes this.
September 19th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
lol that's almost as funny as this:

This is RJ's class list. It's more funny because the names are not made up lol

I guess 'Butterfly' has a brother named Lone. Their last name is Lee.

September 19th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Is there really a freaking Moonshine? We know what they were doing when they named him/her? What the heck is that other name MaujTzing? How the hell to you even say that?

My kids went to school with a set of brothers name Halo, and Sonic. I thought those were bad LMAO

I came up with one for Sam and I literally laughed at myself for 10 minutes... Sam Witches.
UrbanMomma likes this.
September 19th, 2013, 04:30 PM
I laugh bad enough at Becca's name. It's Rebecca A Hall. I'll never use another A name for a middle name. D'oh! lol

September 19th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's been a long day here.

Squeakers turned 2 today but we had her party 2 weeks ago lol

My oldest wants to quit band. It's been difficult for us to get her from practices and they aren't going to competitions that we're aware of, just marching at foot ball games on Friday nights and not getting home until 1 am. Which I do not like because my DD is only 14 and I don't think she needs to be anywhere BUT at home past 10 pm. And we're not foot ball fans.

We thought she was going to be participating in Marching Band competitions, but no. Band teacher told me that they "aren't ready yet but they are working towards it".

**** 'em. My DD wants to quit and I'm ready to let her.
UrbanMomma likes this.

September 20th, 2013, 06:07 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have our theatre drama going on. The board, which I am the president of, is trying to move forward. Director chick is flipping all the way out. Email and Facebook posts are flying. There have been almost no one at the show last weekend. We have more reserved this weekend and if my x4 walk up theory holds true it will be a good weekend, but it seems like nobody knows about the show. So we are trying to publicize it. But she is flipping out that we are not helping her. She does everything including birthing all the cast, crew, band and built he theater 130 years ago.
September 20th, 2013, 06:29 AM
I'm going to talk with Jayde's teacher today. I'm flat out telling her that either she lightens up on homework, or Jayde just wont do it. What's she going to miss? 15 minutes of recess a day?? Bring it hitler!

September 20th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
FW, all that drama! Have you guys done flyers, and posters? How about getting the kids out there, maybe in costume, and have them hand out the flyers...put some on cars?

Repti, the amount of homework has to make one wonder what they do all day in school. They have the kids for 7-8 hours, and yet they still feel kids need another hour of so of homework.

BM8, does she really want to quit or does she know how hard it is on you guys? Band is a lot of fun, and prone to late nights (so's football). I'm okay with late nights that are for a function, random do what they want late nights didn't happen.

I oredered the iphone 5. I wanted the iphone 5s, but didn't want to wait 3 weeks for it to ship.
September 20th, 2013, 07:48 AM
m2m, she is actually petrified of the band teacher and has asked us if she can quit at the end of this year. She enjoys playing her trumpet, but even she thought she was going to get to participate in Band Competitions and earlier this week the band teacher told the whole class "you're not good enough to compete". Kids were upset, and half the students are talking about dropping out of band end of the year when the other band instructor retires because no one wants to be under the second band teacher who will take his place when he retires.

We're looking into private lessons for her.

September 20th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
That's just sad, band can be such an amazing experience. My director was awesome, we did competitions, we sucked in the beginning but the only way to grow is to get out there and do it. The school here has a 'band' it's like 10 people lol but they seem to have a good time. Have any parents thought about talking to the school?
September 20th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
private lessons may get her farther in the long run.

fw, your director sounds just like I would picture a theatre director, full of drama.

I'm ready to upgrade to the iphone 5. What's the difference between it and the 5s?
For the last 5 months I've been going back and forth between the iphone and galaxy 4 but I think I'm going to stick with the iphone.
September 20th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Don't know about the cell phone, can't afford one like that lol.

Try three hours of homework each night! She's only in fifth grade for funks sake!

Jayde also signed up for an instrument, but they haven't even started yet..

September 20th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtothe6thpower View Post
I'm ready to upgrade to the iphone 5. What's the difference between it and the 5s?
For the last 5 months I've been going back and forth between the iphone and galaxy 4 but I think I'm going to stick with the iphone.

The biggest difference is the processor. It's supposed to be fast, have much better graphics, and of course they already come with ios7. The thing is (outside of my lack of patience) is that next year there is supposed to be a new iphone 6, and it's supposed to have all of the bells and whistles but with a bigger screen. The bigger screen is the only reason I was thinking of going to Galaxy. So I went with , which is a huge jump from a 4, I'm doing the Next program, so in 12 months I can trade up if I want and go with the iphone 6, and there's my geek moment for the day lol

Repti, 3 hours is crazy. You can homeschool her in less hours then that!

BM*, I agree private lessons might be a better way to go.
September 20th, 2013, 04:02 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
As for the name....MaujTzing---muj-T-zing like---much teasing!!

No iPhone for me

3 hours of HM is INSANE!! and I thought my kinder was bad off because of nightly homework!! guess I dont got alot to look forward to these days.
school has changes so much in these types of things since I was in school. The only good thing is that the kids dont have weekend hm ever.

My kids including the preschooler almost 4 yr old also have private arabic school 3 days a week. So the hm from that is a little more than the regular american school.

Nothing much new here. I am on the right track to losing the baby pregnancy weight. I cant believe I gained as much as I did but guess thats what my body needed. Im drinking lots of lemon and cayenne pepper water. not that one with the honey added in it Im not doing that detox diet either ( people have asked )

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

September 20th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Amira you could be onto something with your name interpretation lol

Today at the store Kailyn pointed to a black man and said "Look mom, he's darker then me". Of course while pointing. all I said is "Yep, he is" and moved on. She thought it was great that someone was darker then here lol
September 20th, 2013, 06:45 PM
So #8 crapped his pants and #2 cleaned him up. But apparently just threw the dirty underwear in the washer, poop logs and all. Why do I know that? Be cause I just went to put the clothes in the dryer and the whole load in redolent with **** smell! When she gets home I am going to rub her nose in it.
September 22nd, 2013, 06:09 AM
Did you rub her nose in it?

I'm baking today. already have chocolate chip whoopie pies in the oven. Probably will spend all day in the kitchen.

DD is hosting a 31 party this afternoon at 3 pm

September 22nd, 2013, 07:33 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Sounds like an eventful day BM8.

One of the plants for Darigold, is going on strike in Washington. It could mean issue's for the guys out here. They are talking about pulling the guys from here and sending them there (half of them), until the strike can be resolved. The plant in Washington is union, the plants out here aren't and that's how we like it.

Their complaints are insurance has gone up. Now mind you it went up $50, and the total a month is just over $300, for medical, dental and vision. Which isn't much cause we really do have amazing plans. Sure the deductible could be a little lower, but again the plan is amazing. Then they want more control over shifts, more flexible hours. It's not like how they operate is new, and it's not that bad. They actually have more days off then most people cause their hours are crammed into 3 1/2 days. Sorry, but they sound like a bunch of *****'s. Oh and they want a .45 cent increase in pay. These guys already make almost double some of the other plants. Okay rant over lol
September 22nd, 2013, 08:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
There, I'm all caught up

Dh's surprise party was good and he was very surprised.
Last night I went to nephew's high school grad. They coasted him along on a few courses, which I'm not entirely sure about, on the other hand, having to live through his parents divorce in grade 10 was not an easy thing, so at least he's got his diploma. The kids certainly smart enough.

We're all beat. I'm looking forward to a quiet day after church...hypothetically.
September 22nd, 2013, 09:00 AM
I read a great article about being generation x. It really resonated with me. I will try to find it again.

#2 came clean about the poop but said she just didn't know what to do.

I heard that an acquaintance committed suicide this week. She took pills and parked behind a church in Tallahassee. When she was found, they airlifted her to a big hospital. Her family removed life support Saturday night and she died this morning. I feel so sad for her family. She has a 12 yo girl and 6 yo boy. She had a lot of anxiety issues and depression. We invited her to our supper club last year trying to reach out to her, but she never would come. I know her dad from the theatre I just saw him on Friday 13. This is the second suicide this summer and they both went to the same small church.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search