I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2184Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2013, 09:18 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Here's the article:

Generation X gets really old: How do slackers have a midlife crisis? - Salon.com
September 22nd, 2013, 10:59 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry for your friends family fw

I think the name is pronounced Mauj (like mauve, but with the j) zing. Those unique names are all Hmong.

I talked to the teacher, she was more reasonable than I wanted her to be lol I was pumped up to argue.

September 22nd, 2013, 02:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
suicides are so devastating...for the family first, but also very hard for everyone else.

I'm glad the teacher was reasonable Repti.

About that quiet day I wanted to have. pffff, as if
September 23rd, 2013, 10:48 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Thoughts out to all who are going through hard times and dealing with sensitive matters!! huggs..

Hoping all is well with you Terre---MIL
September 23rd, 2013, 11:55 AM
Happy birthday Weston

September 23rd, 2013, 01:18 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
^^ that must be a goooood cake!! cute pic!
September 23rd, 2013, 01:56 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Omigosh, Weston is one already?! Happy Birthday!! (that went fast!)
MIL2lissy8 likes this.

September 23rd, 2013, 05:21 PM
We took him this evening to get his packer piggy bank signed (a friend of ours bought him it). They said the line was too long, so no pictures. I was kinda disappointed, that was the point of bringing him, but oh well. lol

Sydney has her first chiro apt tomorrow for bed wetting.

September 23rd, 2013, 07:17 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck, let me know how it goes. My 9 yo was still wetting his bed until a couple weeks ago. Then I started giving him apple juice for constipation and it seemed to help. Then it didnt. then it did! So, now he is kind of hit or miss.

I never took French and I just helped #2 take a French test and we got 19 out of 20 correct! Hello! I am so freaking smart.
September 23rd, 2013, 07:58 PM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DD is NOT I repeat NOT quitting band. Band teacher is still awful, but we found out there is a bus she can ride after band practice as long as she joins an after school program. It will drop her off 3 miles from our house, which is way better than driving 15 miles one way to get her! The after school program means when she is done with band she reports to a class room where she will have time to study/do homework and if she needs help on an assignment/understanding something there will be tutors and a teacher available to help her. We are sooo relieved! The after school program goes from 2:35 to 4:35 and a lot of the students who have after school practices that end before 4:35 participate in the program. Band practice is over at 4 pm, so she will have a good 30 minutes in the after school program.

WIN WIN!
#5in2005 likes this.

September 23rd, 2013, 09:49 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Happy birthday Weston! I can't believe it's been a year either

FW, I often wish I could do high school now. I'd have straight A's!

BM8 that sounds awesome. Our school has something similar only they don't drop the kids off.

I have spent 10 hours trying to set my new phone up.
UrbanMomma likes this.
September 24th, 2013, 05:53 AM
So we finally are able to get dental for a reasonable cost through work too. Guess I have a lot more appointments to make! There is accident and some other insurance too, not health. SOO because Walker didn't want to join that badgercare thing, we have to find health insurance for Rob and myself by January. The kids are still covered, but Rob makes like 1000$ too much a year for us to be under the 100% poverty level thing. Stupid. Or I don't get the insurance and we just don't get sick, just have accidents LOL I can call the ambulance for strep right? haha

September 24th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad the band stuff was worked out, b8m!

I cannot believe Weston is 1! Happy Birthday to the little guy!!

Dh and I haven't had insurance in over a year. We lost it when that one awful company went under and now he just does temp work, although the current company should be providing us ins BUT lost all his paperwork and told him he'd have to wait til open enrollment. Given the fact that we have two T1d to cover, I have a feeling they will just lose the paperwork again or lay him off.
September 24th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope not Cortney!

I am at home today, cleaning my house, bathrooms and floors. It's really making me notice how dirty my walls and windows are.
September 24th, 2013, 10:45 AM
To be honest Cortney, if your state is anything like WI, you're better off just getting Badgercare and paying for the part of it you would need to pay for out of pocket. Your kids should be completely covered, it would just depend on what your husband makes for you and him. For example my husbands insurance would be 90.00 every pay check, or 180 a month, but I have to pay deductibles and it only has a 80/20 coverage. On the other hand we'd have to pay 200 for badgercare, but it covers 100%.
I just think this is so much of a hassle becuase Rob makes SO close to 100% of the poverty level, and I don't know if they are going to do this on a 6 month basis, 1 yr basis? I don't want to have to search around for health insurance every year, or 6 months or whatever. OR have them say, well this year you have to pay, but last year you didn't because he made 100.00 less.
I know I was told I can't be considered middle class because I didn't go to college(?) but that's exactly where we're stuck, ****** if you do ****** if you don't. I guess we need another kid for that extra $4,000 credit for poverty level lol. That's what the system is for right?

September 24th, 2013, 01:17 PM
We do have something like that for the kids that's through the state but we pay the premium. It's not called Badgercare though. Idk why but that name makes me laugh a little, lol! I'm childish!
We make too much to be considered for it but we always make sure the kids are covered one way or another. Our school actually requires it.
September 24th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
insurance? what is that???? haven't had any for years and years. sucks bigtime!

so I am home, the funeral is over and today I went back to bed after wyatt went to school. I slept for two more hours, making it a total of 11.5 hours of sleep and I still feel wiped out.

see private post in a few minutes.

~~terre~~
September 24th, 2013, 04:00 PM
maybe it's just called that here because the state animal is the badger. So what is yours? Mulecare? It covers your A $ $ HAahahahhah. !
Jenilope likes this.

September 24th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Don't forget that soon here you will be fined if you don't carry insurance come tax season. Sam found out that she get's free insurance through her job, makes sense considering what they do, but wonder if it would save us money to drop her off of ours. It won't so she'll just carry both.

The flies in my house are making me crazy, seriously ******* crazy, and there isn't a can of raid anywhere!

Lupan bought himself a new car an 05 Impala I think. I'll find out for sure here in a bit.
September 24th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Lmao! No but that would be hilarious! We're MO healthnet.

Yeah, I think about the fines all the time but premiums for dh are ridiculous with his condition. $700+ a month. I don't know what to do.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search