I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2072Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
While I was sitting at the computer, the kids who were supposed to be cleaning up the kitchen were fighting. Now I am the queen of ignore, so that's what I was doing. There was no blood, no one was in immediate danger, but the husband felt the need to go in and correct them. The fool, they ate him for dinner! He comes out of the kitchen looks at me and goes "****, woman you are a saint!". Yells at the kids some more and walks away. Can I say that was the best compliment I have had in years LMAO!
Jenilope and HalfDozen like this.
September 25th, 2013, 10:20 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
hi, nothing to add really, just not dead.
#5in2005 and Jenilope like this.
#12 is on the way
September 25th, 2013, 10:27 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
nice to know you are being appreciated.
#5in2005 and mom2many2010 like this.
September 25th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
l don't have a whole lot to add either.

And I don't mean to brag, but I can see the surface of my desk
~mommy~ likes this.
September 25th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Rob tells me stuff like that when he's alone with all these deamons all the time too LOL
Makes me appreciate when he does cover dinner and bedtime all by himself when he has to.

Weston's eye surgery is November 12th at 7:30. We have to be there at 6, nothing to eat past 12. Ugh. He has no idea what he's in for. It will be a night for a drink when I get home. That's for **** sure!
UrbanMomma and ~mommy~ like this.

September 25th, 2013, 01:02 PM
OMGoodness......I wish she would sleep today!!!!!!!!

Back to downtown in the morning... Aaron got a ticket a few months ago when his girlfriend got into a fight and he tried to break it up. He didn't do anything this time so we are not paying the ticket and asking for a hearing.

Ohhhh, I just found out on the weekend that Naja, Aaron's gf, is going to be 20 in December. Aaron is only going to be 17 next month. It slipped. I thought she was only 18. I like her, she is a good girl. What do you all think about the age difference?
#12 is on the way
September 25th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No big deal if she treats him like a man. If she treats him like a boy and she's the mommy it will be bad. But they are young and may not stay together long.

#1 is working head shots and body shots for 3,4,5,6 to audition as extras for the next hunger games movie.
September 25th, 2013, 01:50 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hoping to share a picture from the wedding here:

Online Picture Proofing -Positiveimagesbyrettberg
~mommy~ likes this.

~~terre~~
September 25th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Yeah, its not a baby/momma thing. They have been together all summer so far.

Terre, you look lovely!!!
#12 is on the way
September 25th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Terre, you're lovely!

FW good luck that would be really cool.

UM, yes I'd have a problem with the age difference, but I am pretty strict about dating under the age of 18. Hell Megan was 18 and still asked permission lol, of course her boyfriend has the mentality of a 15 year old (he's 22 now, 20 when they started dating)...so it works

I have something in my eye and can't find it, every time I blink I feel it scrape.
September 25th, 2013, 06:12 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ok let me see if i can cover it all....wait for it...lol
5in5 yay for clean desk
repti omg good luck to your ds and i hope all goes well...and I will have a celebratory drink with you after
um i pray for sleep for you. fight the man...your dc did the right thing. as for age difference..I had a similar thing happen and I will tell you what i thought about my situation...I liked the boy my dd is 15, I was TOLD boy was 16...Turns out he's 18 I was very angry she lied...Had she been honest, i would like to think I would have let them spend time together...VERY supervised, but because she lied, I wasn't allowed to make that decision, she made it for me and they (as far as I know) haven't seen each other since.
FW that's awesome, I wish them all the best.
mil you are beautiful
m2m hope your eye is better.

I am missing dh again. dh helper (who is staying in our guest room m-f indefinitely) has agreed to help me get a boat built for ds2 for cub scout pack meet "rain gutter regatta" for tomorrow night.
I did get to chat with dh briefly this evening and he suggested the possibility of upcoming travel for maybe just the 2 of us??? Told me I needed to get on setting up interviews for nanny/au pair person.
September 25th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Terre you look so nice!

A bunch of kids and their activities plus life makes it hard if you're the only parent around...really hard. Hope you manage to get away sometime.

I've had another productive day, it's great to get some stuff done.

Here's one for ya, a grade 7 kid my sister teaches called the police today to report a theft, because they took his hat away when he was repeatedly told he couldn't wear it in class. No one was very impressed with him, least of all his parents.
September 26th, 2013, 05:21 AM
hah! I'd be pretty pissed too. I would tell the police not to worry, because that little brat wouldn't have any hats left to wear. Ears get cold in the winter? Good, you can wear pink ear muffs. (Even though I assume it wasn't that kind of hat.)

I am going to beat my 10 year old, and cut the 9 year old's fingers off I swear. 10 year old thinks she can boss around everyone, and the 9 year old wont stop pinching, poking, hitting. I am done with them. Off to china they go.

September 26th, 2013, 06:58 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Well ya know, if the hat doesn't belong to the school, they technically did steal it LMAO. Kids got some guts.

mommy~ give DH helper a raise and turn him into a manny.

Repti, the oldest is always bossy. I've seen it happen in both of my litters. I'd just duct tape the 9 years olds hands together, much cheaper then china.

Ok, so here's my mom confession...ready?

Kailyn still takes a bottle to bed. Just one, she drinks it up and off to slumber land she goes. I know it's bad, I know she's to old, but it's the one parenting thing (next to teaching my kids to tie their shoes) that I suck at. It just falls under the "it ain't hurting anyone" mantra, si it's not high on my priorities.

Okay, well last night I realized Lupan forgot to bring her's home with her after staying there all night. I also don't own a sippy cup cause mine have always just drank out of regular cups, and it's to late to go anywhere and get one. She had an hour long meltdown. I was fine with that, she did fall asleep and she lived. The problem?

She woke up at midnight wanting it, she doesn't wake up for one ever, but I think she was just so upset that it carried over and she didn't go back to sleep till 3 am, and was up at her normal 5:30...........and is chipper as can be. Me, I want to hurt someone!

So there's my bad mommy moment.
September 26th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, here is your opportunity to get her off it. It could take a couple more days like this, but then it will be over forever. I don't teach mine to tie shoes either. Velcro is a favorite here. I guess they learn because I don't tie my 14,12, or 10 yos shoes. Just 9 and under if needed (cleats usually)
September 26th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Haha I hear you about the shoes. My older ones can tie them, so somewhere along the way they did learn it. I asked them once how, and all of them said a friend had taught them lol

I know I should just trudge through it, I just don't know if I can. I'm so weak when it comes to this. Now want a kid potty trained? Give me three days and it will happen lol
September 26th, 2013, 08:11 AM
I'll send you Bastian and you can potty train him and return him to me lol

September 26th, 2013, 08:13 AM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
you can do it!!! hang in there....one night down and only a few more to get through to break the habit. DO IT!!!!!!

it is so gray and cool here that I have opened up the windows! loving this weather but I know its just a short blip on the radar for us.

time to get baking - gluten free coffee cake for recent widow friend and her sister-in-law. they are coming over in a bit to hang out and then after I am done watching miss Josie, we are heading to the mortuary to get the official death certificates and then on to lunch out.

~~terre~~
September 26th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Terre, you are such a good friend to all sorts of people.

I'm glad to hear it about the shoe tying thing, I never really taught the kids either. I don't know for sure if my youngest can tie her shoes, I think so.

My house is so clean that I can't avoid doing books any longer......
September 26th, 2013, 10:38 AM
I could deal with the bottle thing, get her off and deal with the screaming, no problem.

I would happily mail Kya to you for three days to get her potty trained!!!

Tying shoes isn't my thing either...LOL, yet they all know how from the 6yo up.
#12 is on the way

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search