I am 2... I guess we start over

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2273Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When shari626 started the I am thread she said let's see how far it goes. Now we know. It can only go to 10,000 posts. Congrats Urbanmomma, you finished it. That thread is epic. It chronicles 4 years, I think. We have grown so much in there! So here is to another 10,000! Lets see if we can do it in less time.

I am taking a nap.
March 12th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Wow! I had no idea. 10,000 posts, that IS epic!

I wish I were taking a nap. I'm deodorizing the big couch.

March 12th, 2013, 11:58 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Yeah, I was really confused at first when I went to add a comment, and it said "Closed". I thought I was doing something wrong at first.

I was just going to say that I am way over car troubles as well. Between hubby and I, we just spent quite a LOT on repairs. And that's in addition to some other repairs that have been made to mine over the last 3 months. Sooooo over it!! We just need the cars to run without needing so much work.

March 12th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's a lot of posts. I am proud to have been part of it.

I am making fried chicken tonight. I will let you know how the kids like it. The husband never complains about my food. I could feed him burnt water and he would like it lol
UrbanMomma and Jenilope like this.

March 12th, 2013, 12:59 PM
lol @ burnt water, made me think of this http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelysande...you-food-fails
~mommy~ likes this.

March 12th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh man, I would seriously throw my oven away if that happened to one of my pizzas lol. I would just throw it out... I'd be like "Rob, you're getting a new stove on the way home." He wouldn't even ask questions. I've done it with dishes before LOL

March 12th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
lol at the pizza's.

WOW, cool about the 10000 posts, here goes another.

I just cut some hair, now I'm off to music lessons. Thankfully the other 3 kids' is cancelled because their teacher is in Hawaii. This is a good thing, because I don't know what we're having for supper and I have 9 loads of laundry to fold.

I am also wanting a nap!
March 12th, 2013, 01:33 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Oh man, I have at least 9 loads to fold too. Ughhhh.

I have no idea what we are going to have for dinner. I'm tired of cooking. There is stuff my husband won't eat, like tacos, he doesn't like them, but the kids LOVE them!!

I want to take a nap too.

I feel pregnant, oh yeah, I am. LOL
#12 is on the way
March 12th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
hi everyone!!

first, to whoever it was that thought they offended me.....naaaah. i am sure it is age and hormone related plus i could be eating a more nutritious diet for sure. the sleep question -- well its always bad. today i am just darn pooped. stayed up late to watch the bachelor after not getting home from my meeting till 9:45pm. then this morning i had to be at his school at 7:30 to walk laps with him followed by an awards ceremony. he got perfect attendance and honor roll. this firday there is a drawing for a free bicycle to one of the kids with perfect attendance. he hopes to win.

i still have to take wyatt to the dr, make an early dinner and get him to his first baseball game tonight which starts at 7pm. by the time i see sleep tonight, i will be a zombie in old lady clothes. but i think i get to sleep in tomorrow.....

~~terre~~
March 12th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Terre, a zombie in old clothes. Love it. I'm sure we can all relate.

I was bummed when I saw the closed sign. I thought, no drama here!

I ditto the 9 loads of laundry...does it ever end though with large families? I'll be sad when I only have a few loads a day .

Hope everyone is well.

I had my 32 week appt today, time is flying! wow. All was good, so I'm thankful. But hard to believe it's getting that close. I'm starting to get nervous about the delivery. I think I get more nervous the more I have. Do any of you feel that way or am I just crazy?

Have a great night!
~mommy~ likes this.

March 12th, 2013, 03:02 PM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey ladies, sorry I haven't been around the last few days. Been busy and feeling sorry for myself. Pregnancy is getting more uncomfortable. I still have a minimum of 4 weeks to go; 7 weeks until my due date.

I have also noticed rude people at the store! We seem to have an incident every time we go. One day an old lady just ran her cart right into Clare because I guess she wasn't getting out of her way fast enough. I said loudly to her "Um, excuse YOU!" and she said "Oh, it's alright dear." ***?

I know we beat this dead horse all the time, but I have to vent to someone who understands. This happened at church the weekend before last. My science teacher from 7th or 8th grade was one of the ushers. Here's the conversation we had.
Science Teacher: "Oh, I didn't know you were in the family way again."
Me: "Yes, I am!" *smile*
ST: "Didn't I teach you science in school?
Me: "Yes, in junior high I believe."
ST: "Do you need me to teach you how to fix this problem?"
Me: *staring him down" "We don't really see that it's a problem."
ST: *pause* *makes some lame comment about how his kids gave him plenty of problems.*

SERIOUSLY!!!?????? I just kind of said something like our kids are fine or whatever and escaped.

Then, a friend of my daughter actually came up to me this past Sunday and asked when we were ever going to stop having kids!!!! I was almost speechless. I've come to expect it from adults, but I was blown away that a kid had the gall to say something too!

I seriously get this question a few times a week now. "When are you going to stop?" "Is this the last one?" I've been telling people we will probably have more just so if we do it won't be a big surprise.

Ok, vent over. Thanks.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com

Last edited by sarahlorrain; March 12th, 2013 at 03:04 PM.
March 12th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We understand. Vent away.
March 12th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
sarah, i liked your pre-emptive strike about saying you may have more children in the future. really, its not anyone's business. don't let others steal your joy -- even for one moment of one single day!
Jenilope and ~mommy~ like this.

~~terre~~
March 12th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yup, we totally do. And that was very rude. My very very worst comment was "Is all you do is f--- all the time?" I should have said that was better than live with my parents at 28, but anyways.

It's 3.5 hours later, and still at 9 loads to go.
March 12th, 2013, 04:55 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Congrats to all for the 10,000 posts!!!

Hope the fried chkn turns out yummmy!

Hugs to those who have 9 loads to fold!!! wooahh!!

We managed to watch all of bachelor .. they make a cute couple. hope they dont really go forward with the TV wedding though.

COB glad ur appt went well and your getting so close. Im sure ur not alone on the thoughts.

Why cant people just not worry about how children are in a family and start worrying about raising their own children to be polite, healthy, respectable people.

Nothing new here, just putting off making dinner cus im beat!
March 12th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Wow Sarah! That was REALLY rude and intrusive of him. I agree with the other ladies, don't let those turds steal your joy!

Good luck to everyone with the laundry, and Jenifer, good luck with dinner!

I am physically worn out, it happens so quickly this pregnancy, I feel like if I do anything I'm ready to go to sleep at 7!
But, I'm also feeling like I won Tuesday. I got the couch and the carpet steam cleaned, washed the covers, deodorized the cushions, cleaned the kitchen, made some bread, braised some lamb and prepped a bunch of twice baked potatoes for the freezer, AND my kids were actually helpful and happy and being kind to each other. So, I'm bushed, but it was a happy and productive day.

And my kids just got out of the shower, there's an adorable naked baby laying nest to me in bed, waiting for a diaper and pjs, I'd better attend to that before cute turns into "peed on my bed"
~mommy~ and MIL2lissy8 like this.

March 12th, 2013, 05:37 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
FW~ LOL!!! "Let's see if we can make it to 10,000 again quicker, I'm taking a nap"
9 loads of laundry not only sucks, but I don't think is actually possible to do in one day. I have started trying to do a couple a day, so I don't get behind/overwhelmed/buried.
UM~ in light of your dh's recent behavior I think you should have tacos for dinner and he can fend for himself!
COB~ Glad all is well.
Sl~ What an *****!!!
5in5 ~ Why yes of course all we do is F all the time don't you??? What a sad life.
AX2~ I agree and good luck making dinner.
Jen~ I'm exhausted just reading all you did today and I'm not even pregnant. Go to bed early. Hope you got to the baby before baby got to the bed.

We are getting busy around here again. Dh is still out of town
Tomorrow I drop off 4 dc to 4 schools (normal, most days) come home, turn myself into a respectable looking mom fast so I can get back to ds2's school to watch his musical, really excited about it, it should be adorable (ds 2 is missing his 2 front teeth and speaks with a lisp, he (i think all of them really) has a speaking part)) then nephew has math tutor after school and we're home for dinner. Thursday dd1 has a concert and ds2 has chess, dh should be coming home (I hope). Friday, I deliver green grapes to ds2's classroom, after school drop off, I put myself together and dress my little princess like a princess and go see disney princesses on ice, then likely get to ds2s classroom for the "Green party" in honor of St. Patrick's Day, would be nice if dh was home and able to go instead of me, ds2 would be so happy.
Jenilope likes this.
March 12th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
You guys are posting machines today! At this rate the next 10,000 won't be that difficult

I've been staying on top of my laundry since they fixed the dryer. I don't even have a laundry hamper out. I throw a load in at night and a load in the morning. I've been very proud of myself.

Sarah, those comments were not nice, but little kids don't bother me. If they come from smaller families they are usually amazed by more kids.

Beth hope the chicken was a success.

FW hope your DD is feeling better!

I'm sure I'm missing someone, but like I said you guys have been posting fast!

Dinner tonight was Tuna Helper with extra broccoli. I had to run and get's Aiden and Megans glasses which put me home later then I wanted to be.

Aiden was so cute when he put his glasses on. He looks around with this look of wonder and says "everything looks so different". Then just looking at everything. He has had glasses I just couldn't get him to wear them.

That's pretty much been my day.
~mommy~ likes this.
March 12th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Chatty, chatty, chatty bunch of girls we have here! Closed shop on one thread and already have 18 comments on a new one, lol!

And with that...I have nothing. Ha!
~mommy~ likes this.
March 12th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Veteran
I'm always amazed when church people make rude comments about large families. Of all people it seems they'd understand the "be fruitful and multiply" command and "blessed is the man that has his quiver full of them (children, that is)".

I once heard a lady, who had 10 or so kids, respond to a rude comment by saying she was "raising children to take over the world!"

And while I don't view it as a competition, I can't help but think that my large family is making up for all those couples that don't want to have kids. Or only have the "normal" 2.5.

By the by, has anyone ever seen the site overpopulationisamyth.com ?

Anywho, I've got to get a (late) dinner started.
~mommy~ likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search