would you say/active

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Would you say that your family is active? And in what ways? do you do stuff together or do the kids participate in team sports or do they just spend lots of time outside?
April 5th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
No, I would not say we are particularly active. Especially in the winter. I do try to make sure that at least the kids spend a good amount of time outside when weather permits. And when the weather is nice we walk all over the place and go to the parks and we have a pool for swimming in the summer that gets a ton of use, but it mostly boils down to the fact that *I* am not that active. I exercise, but I have to make myself do it, and I generally just don't love the outdoors. I'm trying to be conscious of not passing that deficiency on to my children, but it's also easy to hide behind pregnancies and nap times and nursing babies as good excuses why the kids should go play by themselves outside or why we can't take a walk today.

Mom to four beautiful girls

Matilda (6), Evelyn (4), Adelaide (2), Cecily (11 months)

April 5th, 2013, 06:55 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I don't like winter, too cold. I don't like summer because I sunburn just thinking about going outside (luckily my kids don't share that burden with me). So I don't go out often. The kids are much more active than myself.
#12 is on the way
April 5th, 2013, 06:58 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
We aren't active during the colder months. I hate to be cold, so I try to leave the house as little as possible. the kids will go out here and there, but they aren't a fan of the cold either.

During the summer we are much more active, but we have a river 5 minutes away from us, with hiking, fishing, swimming. So we get out a lot.
April 5th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kids are more active than I am for sure. I try to walk to school when it's nice enough for Weston. (Only done that twice this year so far, yuck)
In the winter Rob takes them sledding, and they are allowed to go outside any time they want to honestly, they just have to get their crap on and go out.

April 5th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We're very active. At different times of the year the kids are in dance, swim, baseball, and soccer. When we're home they play outside a lot, and we like to go for family bike ride and hikes. We're just out and about quite a lot in general.
April 10th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am the least active. I always have too much to do at home. The kids are all very active in sports etc. except my 3 year old.
April 10th, 2013, 10:59 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My boys are in soccer, aussie football, and ball hockey. They participate in all sports at school after school and I kick them outside. I can not stand video game veges. NO WAY. so they go outside. lol the 3 sports they are in a league for.
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

April 11th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are a baseball family (though I think my oldest is done playing on a team ).
If they aren't playing for their team then we, as a family, go down to the fields and play together. We're also becoming more involved in football. Dh played all through school and the boys are getting interested so we've been playing touch football in the yard. (Gotta love large families...though I'm sure I look ridiculous out there!)
Our oldest wants to play volleyball so that has led to family days at the sand courts.
We also spend quite a bit of time at the lake and this year we'll be getting our money's worth at the pool.
These are mostly things we do in the warmer months though. Year round the only thing I can think of that we do as a family is walk/jog the trail. My kids do like to do workout videos with me but dh isn't on board. He's climbing cell phone towers on a daily basis though so I guess he can be excused.

All-in-all, I'd say we are moderately active. We have room for improvement but we do all try to keep moving.

Last edited by Momtothe6thpower; April 11th, 2013 at 06:36 AM.
April 11th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My DH has been going to the gym everyday for months. I went today and I am going to go at least 3x a week. I feel like we are outside a lot during the summer. Playing on the swing set, gardening, yard work, basketball, bikes, fishing, hikes. We belong to a pool in the summer and go every day if the weather allows. My 3 big kids (6, 6 & 4) are in gymnastics class and ice skating classes. The 4 yr old will be starting a swim class next week in hopes she can ditch the swim floatie this summer.

In the winter we aren't outside as much for sure. We shovel snow and sled. We didn't do any classes or sports in the fall or winter just because I wasn't sure how tired my kindergarteners would be with full day school. We do take the kids to indoor play places in the winter quite a bit.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search