New here & wanted to introduce myself....

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Indymommy7

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2013, 06:31 PM
aln030482's Avatar <3 Proud Mommy <3
Hello everyone!

First of all, I'd like to say that it is BEYOND wonderful to come across this thread of parents who have larger families too! I really look forward to chatting with many of you!

As far as me & my family... My name is Melissa, 31, & have been with my best friend & jr. high school sweetie a total of 15 years Phil, 35 & have been married for the last 12 of those years.
Together we have 7 beautiful children -- Kira 13, Kaila 11, Kelly 10, Kobe 8, Kurstin 6, Kyleen 4, & Kory 3. After 2 miscarriages since my last son, we are happily 5 weeks 2 days pregnant with #8, due December 6, 2013.

Although we really would love to have 10 children, we fear this will be our last because of our c-section history -- #2 was my first c-section, emergency c-section with #4, repeat c-section #5 (which really had me upset because I wanted another vbac & was already 5 cm when I showed up at L&D but the OB didn't want to 'risk' his practice, & then #6 & #7 were c-sections too.

We have plans of switching OB's this pregnancy (honestly should've done it much much sooner) to an OB who is a part of a specialized children's hospital with the hopes of not having to get my tube cut (yes you've read that correctly... I have only had one tube since I had to get the other removed when I was 16 due to a missing duct).

Anyways, my husband works industrial & is a fabulous mechanic (as a side business) & I am currently a volunteer EMT & have returned to college to get my paramedic & physician assistant degrees.

We currently cyber charter school our children & I positively love it!!!

If anyone would like to know anything else, please feel free to ask.
April 8th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Indymommy7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi, welcome!

And congrats....boy, can I relate to the c-section thing. I was told with my second c-section, baby 7, that my uterus is getting thin and while he'd not be thrilled me me having another baby (my ob) he knows I plan to but wants me to wait a year. Well, it's almost three months past a year since I had him and I am DYING for another but he's still night nursing (well, 24/7) so nit's messing up my cycles.

I know what you mean though about wanting 10 but the whole c-section thing *sigh*
aln030482 likes this.

Mother to Chad 19, Alexa 18, Jeremiah 16, Madelyn 13, Korinne 6, Sky 3, and introducing baby Linden 1/17/12

Thanks for the beautiful siggy
April 9th, 2013, 08:03 AM
aln030482's Avatar <3 Proud Mommy <3
Indymommy7, I haven't heard about the whole 'uterus getting thin' thing yet from my OB. Mine just said the risk of uterine rupture increases with every pregnancy, & (I must emphasize this because it had my DH & I beyond furious) I am putting their practice, a group of 3 doctors, at risk because of raising my risk. Like the one OB stated who started criticizing me when I was pregnant with my fourth & whom I honestly despise stated -- What if I sue them? Like really?!? For pregnancies #5, #6, & #7 the one OB within the practice whom I despise -- requested that I sign a paper stating that should something go awry in my pregnancy, which results in uterine rupture, that I nor my family will sue them. Amazingly enough though, the other 2 doctors have been PURELY amazing & very considerate, which is why I have returned there for my pregnancies.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search