really need some advice...not sure what to do at this point?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By UrbanMomma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So my husband did a really stupid and dangerous thing with our daughter. She is fine and it was a stupid mistake but I was furious. Long story short we fought about it for days, he walked out for hours, which just made me angry because he was the one at fault and running away won't solve what he did.

Anyway I kept trying to get him to sit and talk about things, as these days of fighting made us start fighting about other things too. He kept putting off talking, not really paying attention or just kept telling me to talk.

In a moment of frustration I ended up telling him that I can't trust him with the baby, and that if he refuses to talk about things then we are better off as friends and that I was done fighting but I was also done with us being a couple and we would just live together as co-parents.

Once I stopped trying to work on things all the fighting stopped and things were just calm and nice. He told me a few times over the next day that he still wanted us to be together and that he loves me but I kept shutting him down because honestly I liked that we were not fighting and just wanted the peace to stay.

I did go see someone and so did he. I do realize that it was a mistake that he made and he loves us. I do love him and I want us to be together or really just break up this situation of living together but not being a couple doesnt work.

So now I don't know how to get things back. He doesnt want to talk about anything, he is so polite and helpful but there is no hugging kissing or anything between us...what can I do from here to try and get us back to being a couple but making sure he realizes what I need from him?

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
May 16th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
This is hard for me to answer without know what he did. You don't have to say, but my answer would very depending on that info. You can PM so it doesn't go public and I promise it will stay with me.

For know, how were things up to this point? Is most of the hurt anger because of this one thing?

I will say counseling for sure.
May 16th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He has done a few really foolish things that irratate me because I want him to be more responsible. I know that he loves her so much. This one thing he did was awful. We have seen a councellor, but at this point I don't even know how to get him to go back because he doesn't think we are together anymore.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
May 16th, 2013, 03:26 PM
aln030482's Avatar <3 Proud Mommy <3
Oh hun, I can't offer any advice because I honestly don't know what to say, but I am thinking of you & sending so many hugs your way.

DH - 35, Me - 31
DD - Kira Rae - 3.29.00 - induced @ 41w 3d
DD - Kaila Rose - 9.8.01 - stalled labor, c-section @ 39w6d
DD - Kelly Rebecca - 1.14.03 - induced, VBAC @ 41w5d
DS - Kobe Rian - 8.12.04 (lost twin at 13w) - IUGR - stopped developing @ 34w, emergency c-section @ 37w
DD - Kurstin Rubi - 1.9.07 - unexplained pre-labor starting at 26 weeks, spontaneous labor @ 37w & repeat c-section
DD - Kyleen Ryli - 5.16.08 (lost twin at 8w3d) - preeclampsia - emergency c-section @ 34w6d
DS - Kory Reed - 3.1.10 - gestational diabetes - repeat c-section @ 39w2d
EDD 12.2.13 - Kole Reese - TEAM BLUE!!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 16th, 2013, 04:51 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I guess all you can really do is see a counselor or if you have a church speak with your Pastor. I would say it needs to be a couple thing, not individual counseling. It has to be something you both work on together.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
May 17th, 2013, 05:32 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I'm sorry I don't know you, or your situation but I hope all works out for the best.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search