More than 3 c-sections?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By therevslady

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 19th, 2013, 07:52 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I'm just wondering if anyone here has had more than 3 c-sections? We would very much like one more child one day, but I've had 3 c-sections and from almost everything I've read, it seems like it gets a lot more dangerous after the third. Anyone have any experience?

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
May 20th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
No personal experience, but I know of a few people who have had 4 and were told not to have anymore after that, but were never really told anything after the 3rd.
May 20th, 2013, 07:42 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
There was a woman in my DDC who had 5 or 6. I think it depends on each person, scar tissue, etc.

May 20th, 2013, 09:08 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
This will be my 4th consecutive c-section. I have never been told not have more despite having severe complications with my 2nd section and needed a blood transfusion and frozen plasma and was oh so very close to having a hysterectomy.

I was told that after my 2nd section I had alot of scar tissue and because I had had 2 nonrelated surgeries inbetween my 2nd and 3rd c-section, for my 3rd section I was admitted to the hospital surgery ward not L&D for the birth of my 7th child ( 3rd c-section ), and that birth went very smoothly no problems.

This will be my 4th section and 8th birth and my doc feels confident that things will be smooth as well and still has not mentioned anything about not having another.

I would think that if your doctor suspected any problems with you getting pregnant again that would have been mentioned as there could be different type of reasons not to have repeat csections. Like my older sister who after her first child and csection was told NOT to do it again.

Best wishes to you and your family however it works out.
May 20th, 2013, 11:47 AM
aln030482's Avatar <3 Proud Mommy <3
I've had 5 c-esctions & this will be my 6th (& probably my last... which I'm NOT happy about). #2 was stalled labor, #4 was an emergency c-section, & even though I went on to have spontaneous labor with #5, they refused to let me have another VBAC & instead delivered me repeat c-section.... #6 was emergency c-section & again #7 was another repeat c-section.

I started facing crticism when I was having #5, which was my 3rd c-section -- but it honestly wasn't due to any type of scar tissue or any other issue like that because I asked following my delivery -- it was because my family size.

With #6, again they jumped down my throat about another c-section because I was 'a risk'

With #7 I faced enormous criticism because first, it was my 7th child & second, because I was now putting 'their' practice at risk because of the risk of complications. Again though, I was assured by the delivering OB, that scar tissue, etc. was NOT an issue. My delivering OB gave me the green light to safely have another child, which of course they insisted would have to be c-section, but was told that if I should 'turn up' pregnant again, that I should consider going to another facility.

DH - 35, Me - 31
DD - Kira Rae - 3.29.00 - induced @ 41w 3d
DD - Kaila Rose - 9.8.01 - stalled labor, c-section @ 39w6d
DD - Kelly Rebecca - 1.14.03 - induced, VBAC @ 41w5d
DS - Kobe Rian - 8.12.04 (lost twin at 13w) - IUGR - stopped developing @ 34w, emergency c-section @ 37w
DD - Kurstin Rubi - 1.9.07 - unexplained pre-labor starting at 26 weeks, spontaneous labor @ 37w & repeat c-section
DD - Kyleen Ryli - 5.16.08 (lost twin at 8w3d) - preeclampsia - emergency c-section @ 34w6d
DS - Kory Reed - 3.1.10 - gestational diabetes - repeat c-section @ 39w2d
EDD 12.2.13 - Kole Reese - TEAM BLUE!!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 20th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the input guys. My doctor didn't deliver my daughter because I was flown out at 31 weeks to a bigger hospital (PROM). They;ve told me my PROM was a freak thing, not to expect it to be repeated and possibly just due to the stress I was under. I vaguely remember during the c-section, the delivering doctor mentioned there being alot of scar tissue but other then that i can't remember anything. I have sent away some forms to retrieve my medical history, hopefully it can be an option.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
May 20th, 2013, 05:17 PM
I'm actually turning to a bigger hospital too for this pregnancy.... not only due to the inconsiderate OB at the first practice, but this new facility is highly advanced should something arise & because they are very supportive about VBACs after multiple transverse c-sections.

DH - 35, Me - 31
DS - Kobe Rian - 8.12.04 (lost twin at 13w) - IUGR - stopped developing @ 34w, emergency c-section @ 37w
DD - Kurstin Rubi - 1.9.07 - unexplained pre-labor starting at 26 weeks, spontaneous labor @ 37w & repeat c-section
DD - Kyleen Ryli - 5.16.08 (lost twin at 8w3d) - preeclampsia - emergency c-section @ 34w6d

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 21st, 2013, 12:57 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
My doula has had four sections. She also had an awesome doctor who gave her trial labor each time. She has a spinal problem (from a car accident) that makes it difficult for babies to pass through. I remembered that she labored (on Pitocin even) for 48 hours with her youngest.

I also have another friend who is pregnant with her 12th. If I remember correctly, she has not only had several sections, but she has had a rupture as well. She has continued on to have home births and is planning to have a home birth this time too.
Indymommy7 likes this.

May 21st, 2013, 04:21 AM
I would do anything to have a Vbac... anything.

May 21st, 2013, 06:26 AM
I've seriously considered a home birth too, but my DH is too scared to even consider it. I am definitely planning on laboring at home as much as possible so that maybe they'll just deliver me natural. I must note that I wouldn't be so stubborn about this, but I know I can do it. My previous OBs wouldn't even consider another VBAC after the second c-section with my 4th, even though I successfully had 2 prior successful vaginal births, because "its too much of a risk to their practice." After mentioning this during my previous pregnancy though, the CNMW told me that if I could just manage one natural birth, they would take the mandatory repeat c-section theory off of the table; however she got tired of my previous OB as well & left the practice.

DH - 35, Me - 31

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 21st, 2013, 02:12 PM
*Whiskey*'s Avatar Blessed
If I get pregnant again it will be an automatic c-section, my 4th. I was told at every single c-section including my very first that my uterus was thin. When I went to the OB to talk to them about TTC again - she told me she wouldn't help me due to it being my 4th and I would be too high risk. My RE disagreed and my new OB has privileges at a bigger hospital with the amenities I may need. It will definitely be my last sadly.

May 27th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Indymommy7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad this thread came up.

I had 5 vaginally birth and my 6th and 7th were c-sections and I was told my uterus was getting thin.

We are planning for one more after my cycles become regular (when this little devil decided to stop nursing ) and gives me some hope.

Oh course my OB was a tad neurotic and one of those 'don't get pregnant over age 35' types.

Mother to Chad 19, Alexa 18, Jeremiah 16, Madelyn 13, Korinne 6, Sky 3, and introducing baby Linden 1/17/12

Thanks for the beautiful siggy
June 1st, 2013, 08:03 PM
Regular
This will be my 5th csection. I don't plan on having any more kids so that part is already a non-sequetor.
On my section time before last I was lucky enough to have a semi retired urologist in on the surgery, so glad to know my bladder was not affected by the multiple scar tissues. The last section I had I was told that I had a very thin uterus. After my second section the doctor told me that I should probably only have 4 kids. So....here I am....I'm praying for everything to go well and then that's it.
There are more details but, honestly, go with what your doc says. Your "desire" may not be healthy. Period.
My neighbor had 7 sections and her last was placenta previa. She finally stopped having kids which was to her credit, and thankfully saved her life. (Additionally her dh was 50 and so...time marches on )
Wee
June 2nd, 2013, 01:13 PM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
I had my 6th c-section 2 months ago and was cleared fora 7th. It depends on the how you heal, scar tissue and the uterus. My ob said she has seen women have their second section and she had to tell them no more, then she seen women like me who had several and all is fine. Best bet is to talk to your ob about your personal healing and how they feel about you having more. There is actually a blog a woman started and she has had 9 and they are not preventing more babies.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
June 12th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Super Mommy
I've had 3 C-sections and my OB said she didn't foresee any problem with having a 4th. I'm still undecided on having a 6th child, but it is good to know it wouldn't be a problem.
Gavyn & Kendric - 8
Joseph - 18 months
Step-mom to:
Kiersten - 8
July 25th, 2013, 11:32 PM
shorty123's Avatar Veteran
i thought i would put my own experience in here i have had 7 c sections and preggo with number 8 i have never been told yet No more but we will see after this one...

Haylee (June 2002)

Robert (Jan 2004)

Nicholas (Oct 2007)

Blake (Dec 2008)

Skylar (Nov 2010)

Cory (Dec 2011)

My little Premie Maygan
(March 4th 2013) Original due date April 25th

Our newest arrival Justyn (April 12th 2014)
7lbs 7oz born at 10:30am

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search