How much time do you spend at home?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MIL2lissy8

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2013, 04:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel like I am not home enough to get much accomplished. Is that weird? I don't even work .

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

July 17th, 2013, 05:28 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
We are always home. 90% of the time we are here. Between my van not running right and having just enough money for bills and almost no extras, we just can't go anywhere.
#12 is on the way
July 17th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
I guess I'm kind of a home-body. I take the kids out for their activities, which are 4 days a week for about an hour. And we have church, and DH and I try to go out together for at least one little afternoon date a week to reconnect since he's so busy with work and school. Add in the grocery, OB and occasional play dates, I'm probably out of the house about 10-14 hours a week. I like to be home. In the A/C and comfy clothes!

Mom to four beautiful girls

Matilda (6), Evelyn (4), Adelaide (2), Cecily (1)

July 17th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am home much more than I am out. it saves me from spending $$ I don't have. however, I find I am depending on my computer for friendship and outside contacts a whole lot more than I should. I also think it contributes to my being so overwhelmingly tired many days - I think I am bored of being here.
UrbanMomma likes this.

~~terre~~
July 17th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I'm a homebody by nature so we spend a lot of time at home. I am not one who likes to be on the move all of time, for the very reasons you mentioned.
July 18th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm home a lot. I love being home.

Mama to:
Nick, 18
Abby, 16
Gabe, 14
Isaac, 12
Mary-Kate, 11
Sam, 9
Henry, 8
Molly, 7
Mark, 5
Greta, 4
Cecilia,2
Josephine,1
Baby due Jan. 2014
July 18th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not getting out nearly as much as I used too. I can't handle the over 100 degree temps when I'm not pg! We are only going to OB, chiropractor and Pediatrician appts really. Sometimes hitting the fabric store while we are close. I'm having a hard time walking this pg. Its really limited my activities. We got in a trip to the amusement park and several zoo and museum trips in before I started hurting so much. I didn't sign up for any summer clubs this yr. Last yr I was taking the kids hiking, but I'm not allowed to pick up my kids, much less carry them up a mountain and through caves this yr!

July 20th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I'm home quite a bit the HG makes it hard to go out much but I try and take the girls out as much as I can that ends up being every couple days atleast!
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 10mo 10/10/13

July 25th, 2013, 02:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I stayed home a lot this week. I got a lot done. I think I need to do that more often.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

August 2nd, 2013, 01:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't stay home nearly as much as I want to.

During the school year I try to make sure to be home 2 full days a week, monday and thursday. I don't know what I am always doing, but there always seems to be something.
August 2nd, 2013, 01:25 PM
Starchaser's Avatar Regular
I am home about 80% of the time, but I don't know abut anyone else, but even when Im here I cant get ahead,lol!!
August 2nd, 2013, 02:32 PM
LUSHaye's Avatar Super Mommy
I like being at home and relaxing. I don't want the pup pups to be kenneled all day, so I am home often this summer. But when work starts up again...it's going to be different. During the work year, I always feel like I'm not home enough and it bothers me a bit. But just when I think I can't do it anymore, we get a three day weekend.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search