Where do you fit them all? LOL

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Formerly ConnorMorgan
So how does sleep arrangements work with your family? How many bedrooms do you have, how many to a bedroom, how do you arrange everyone?

I'd love to know.

My Beautiful Children
Morgan - Jan 2006
Alastrin - Apr 2007

Liam - Mar 2011
Aria - Feb 2014
July 29th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
We've still got a (comparatively) small crew and a fairly large house. We have 5 bedrooms and baby 4 is due in a few weeks. Right now, DD1 and DD2 like to sleep together, so they share a bed in DD1's room, except for when we have guests. DD3 is in a crib in her own room and DD4 will be in a crib in our room, leaving 2 rooms empty for a while. If the girls ever want their own space, we can accommodate that, but I like having them share, it's sweet.

Mom to four beautiful girls

July 29th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
When we had all 8, we had the two oldest girls in a basement room and the 2 oldest boys in the other basement room. Upstairs was my husbands room, and then the 4 little ones shared a room. Now I use that loosely, only two actually slept in there, the other two slept with me, in the living room. I don't sleep in the bedroom cause the husband works graves and I don't like to be where I can't hear things. I'm a little strange.

Now I have 6 at home. I have the oldest girl still at home (19) and my middle girl (9) in the girls room in the basement. My 19 year old is at her sisters or brother house during the week though. My oldest boy (22) and my next son (12) in the boys room in the basement. Then the two youngest in the room upstairs (6 and 3).

The plan is to move my youngest girl, in a year or so downstairs, move my 6 year old boy downstairs, and bring the 22 year old upstairs and give him his own room. He will always live with me, so at some point I want him to have his own space, but not until the other two are ready.
July 29th, 2013, 12:54 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
We have ten (almost eleven) and a 1300 sq ft bungalow. Dh and I have half the upstairs attic room, while the 3 yo and 16 month old (girl and boy) share the other side. Soon baby will be upstairs with us too.

In the other two bedrooms are 3 boys (12, 6, and 4) in one room and two girls (10 and 7) in the other room.

My 14yo son and 16yo son sleep in the basement. My 18 yo son was down there too but he just moved out a month ago.

Its tight, but everyone fits.
#12 is on the way
July 29th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have a 3 bedroom home with a girls room and a boys room. We've discussed building on but we've also discussed relocating so we're basically waiting for dh to make up his mind.
July 29th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Starchaser's Avatar Regular
We have a 3 bedroom house approx 1600 sq ft, we added a smaller room by the master bedroom when we had #4. My twins stay together and my daughter has her own room, my youngest stays in the really small added room right now, but we actually cant fit a twin bed there comfortably, so are in the process of building on to our home. Did I mention we are also in the process of a direct placement adoption for our 5th child,lol. That throws a little loop in the system so now we have t figure out who gets their own room and who shares) Will let you know how that goes soon,lol!!
Jenilope likes this.
July 29th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have a smaller 3 bedroom house but thank god we only have 1 girl lol. She has the smallest room. The 3 boys share the bigger room. Although for now the 2 year old sleeps in my room. Not by my choice but his. So eventually we will have the 4 boys in one room and the girl in the other. Then DH and I in the 3rd room. Were looking into moving at the end of the year and want to try and get a 4bd instead.

July 29th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Veteran
My kids don't like sleeping alone so we don't have any problems with room yet lol. Right now my older three have their own rooms but that's not where they sleep lol. My 8 year and 4 year old boys sleep together and my 6 year old daughter sleeps by herself. I put my 20 month old daughter to sleep in the other room. That's weekdays. On weekends, the older two sleep on the floor, and me, the 20 month old and the 4 year old sleep in the bed because they want to be by me. But, I'm hoping my 20 month old weans soon so I can put her with my 6 year old because #5 will be here by beginning of January. I breastfeed so co-sleeping is best for us. If not, it'll still be fine since until 2 weeks ago, the 4 year old slept with me and the 20 month old.
July 29th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
We have a small 3bd room house we have 2 girls our 7 and 5 1/2 year olds in one room with bunk beds and the other 2 our 8 1/2 year old and 18mo old in the other room with single beds, we plan to buy another bunk bed and then we can fit more in each room lol

Baby #5 will sleep in our room!
5 time HG survivor , AP Mama to 5 GIRLS
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 9mo 10/10/13

July 30th, 2013, 12:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We have a 4 bed 2 1/2 bath house. Right now the fourth bedroom is my sewing room. The twins will be in our room for at least two yrs. I hope to finish the large "family room" and full bath in the basement and move my then early teen girls to the basement. If that doesn't happen I'll move my sewing room to my bedroom or the loft playroom.

July 30th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
4 bedrooms, baby has his own room, three boys in one, three girls in another, then our room. entire basement is a playroom currently.
Farmers-wife likes this.

July 30th, 2013, 01:34 PM
*Whiskey*'s Avatar Moving on to adoption
We live in military housing, we have a 3 bedroom townhouse approx 1600 sq ft.
The two girls share one room, each has a twin bed. The three boys sleep in a bunk bed and a twin bed. We have a room to ourselves though more often than not we will wake up with one of the 5 year olds sleeping at the foot of our bed.
July 30th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is kind of a sore subject with me right now. I am sure I am some spiritually bad state, not being thankful for what I have etc. we have a small 3 br/2ba. Dh and I are in the master, 4 boys are in one room, 3 girls are in one room, and 2 girls are on the couch. We planned to add on, but that didn't work out. We are trying to sell it now, but that isn't looking good either, which is fine because we love where we are. But I am very disappointed and I find myself being angry at people with bigger houses and less kids. I know that's wrong.
UrbanMomma and *Whiskey* like this.
July 31st, 2013, 12:57 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tell your husband to quit his job. Then you guys can rent a 900 a month four bedroom+ house for $200 a month, and have plenty of room *roll eyes*
ZZ0607 likes this.

July 31st, 2013, 03:48 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That may cut into my eating habit, though.
July 31st, 2013, 08:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We have a three bedroom house and four kids. My three girls share (1 set of bunkbeds and one twin bed) and my son has his own room. We used to split them two and two until my son got a bit older.
July 31st, 2013, 09:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Way back when I had 3 in one room and the baby in a very small bedroom.

We have 6 bedrooms, they used to each have their own room until my nephew moved in for a while and now my younger 2 share and hate it. We're talking about #5 having her own room again. We'll see.
August 3rd, 2013, 03:32 PM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have a 3 bedroom home with about 1500 sq ft. There is one large bedroom and 2 smaller bedrooms. Dh and I share one of the smaller rooms with the baby. Clare has her own room since she's the only girl. The 3 older boys share the big room and the baby will move in there when he's old enough. In the boy's room there is a full size bed shared by 2 boys and a twin bed for the other boy. Lately they have all been piling in the full size bed though. It's cute to walk in there and see a tangle of little arms and legs snoozing away!

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
October 1st, 2013, 06:34 PM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have a 4 bedroom house. Right now hubby and I have a room, the two older boys have a room, our 1 girl has her own room, and our 2 year old has his own room.

Before he came along we had an extra bedroom for a while. Prior to that we had my sister and niece living with us using our extra bedroom.

If we have any more kids the baby will stay in our room for the first year (depending on when they sleep through the night) and then move in the room with the other youngest.

October 2nd, 2013, 08:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We have a 3 bedroom townhouse with semi finished basement. We did have a girls room and a boys room, but recently we decided to build a room in the basement for the oldest boy. Then the two older girls share a room and the youngest boy gets his own. Baby is still with me. Eventually she will go in to the girls room.

If we have anymore children, if its a boy they will just go into the boys room, if its a girl then me and DH will take the girls room and put all the girls into the master bedroom.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search