Laundry

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mom2many2010

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
How many loads of laundry do you have to do each day to stay on top of the pile? Do you separate?

right now I alternate day 2 or 3 loads every day, and I long ago gave up separating by color, I separate by person now to make the putting away part easier, although I do keep a separate laundry bag for special care or stained items.

I'm guessing when new baby comes, especially when she gets into her cloth diapers, I'm going to need to do at least 3 loads a day. And, I can't really escape the feeling that 21 loads of laundry per week is kind of a lot of water and electricity for 6 people! But there's clothes, diapers, sheets, towels, kitchen towels (and placemats and napkins) as well as the cleaning rags... just has to be done, I suppose!

Mom to four beautiful girls

Last edited by Jenilope; August 6th, 2013 at 04:40 AM.
August 5th, 2013, 02:57 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
At least 2 a day, usually more like 3, sometimes 4. Thats if I keep up on it. Its harder when I am working.
#12 is on the way
August 5th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It's different in summer when I try to hang most of it outside, but generally I do 6 loads on monday and fold and put away the very same day and then about 1 load a day that I hang up in my furnace room.

I do seperate, it used to be whites/colors and jeans and now the older and bigger we get the more different loads I have.
August 5th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I do less than a load a day. I have a front loader and can fit our whole families bedding in one load. I don't like excessive laundry, so I only have enough clothes for one load for two kids. My girls combine laundry and my boys laundry is combined. I'll be able to add my twin babies clothes to the boys load.

August 5th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
clothes average 2 a day. I only do diapers about once a week. More like three times every two weeks if that makes sense. If you add on bedding then I have 7 more loads if I do comforters.

August 5th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I do one a day no matter what sometimes!!!,
5 time HG survivor , AP Mama to 5 GIRLS
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 9mo 10/10/13

August 6th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Laundry used to be drive me insane, I could never catch up, it seemed like all I was doing was laundry. I hate to do laundry cause it's in my basement, and I hate to go into the basement lol

It's not as bad now that 2 of my kids aren't here anymore. I also have a better system so that helps. Shelves, and a folding/storage spot for the clothes right as it comes out of the dryer. I do about 6 loads during the week, just at random, then Megan has 2 loads when she comes home on the weekend, her school clothes which are black and white. White only get done on the weekend here.

I do separate my laundry. I'm kinda anal about that: darks, towels, lights, and whites. Bedding only get's done as needed. The kids just tell me, or pull them off their beds when they want them washed.
HalfDozen likes this.
August 6th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Starchaser's Avatar Regular
I also have a front load and can fit everyones laundry in there at once, so one a day...except Thursdays then its two including the whites,lol! I do seperate whites from darks, as I once turned all the boys underwear purple with one of my daughters dresses in the load...so lesson learned,lol!!
August 7th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Ok, either I'm washing linens way too often, my machine is tiny, or I under fill it because it sounds like I'm doing way more laundry than I should be!

I will promptly inform my husband that I no longer intend to do as much. lol

Mom to four beautiful girls

August 7th, 2013, 10:15 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do 2-4 loads 3-4X a week.
My Wednesday cleaning lady strips all the beds changes and launders linens and whatever else is down in the laundry room.
My M,T, Th every other F cleaning lady carries all laundry from bedrooms downstairs.
I sort darks, lights, whites (socks), towels, blankets and sheets. I've found if I wash towels and blankets together, they transfer fuzzy/lint stuff on each other.
With the addition of the 2 of them and my sorting system. Laundry is very easy to manage.
Now if only dd2 would get over the pull everything out of her and dd3's drawers and throw it on the floor stage....
August 7th, 2013, 11:40 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have no idea. I feel like I am doing laundry constantly.There is always dirty laundry to be done, diapers on the line, dirties in the pain, clean laundry to be folded and put away ... it never ends.

I don't separate by color, I separate by type of clothing. Shirts go together because they are hung on the line on hangers. Towels, baby blankets and pillowcases go together and they are hung on the line. Shorts, pants, underwear, socks, wash rags, and kitchen towels go together because they are dried in the dryer. Large blankets and sheets go together and they are hung on the line, as are comforters.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
August 8th, 2013, 08:58 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I would say about every other day. I have large size front loaders that take huge loads lool.

I do sort by colors. I am very picky about that and wash bed linens separately. I have now taught my young ones to put their own clothes in the drawers once I fold them so that part is taken off my load of it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search