School

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By #5in2005

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
No one has asked when school starts again, or when you start up with homeschooling again.

And are you happy to get back to routine or sad summer is over?

I have 4 starting August 26 and my oldest on Sept 3.

Last week I was still dreading the kids going back, but now I'm starting to feel ready. As ready as I ever feel, I'm always kinda sad when summer break is over, but after a day or 2 I love having routine again.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
August 16th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
wyatt started back on Wednesday this week. I have decided to use this year as an opportunity to step back a little and let his momma assume more responsibility for him. his teacher does not allow any parents to help in the classroom anyway so my involvement was forced to scale back.

I am looking forward to getting myself on more of a routine -- I have been getting lax lately and I don't like that.

~~terre~~
August 16th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I joined a co op this year for our homeschooling. I am in charge of science. I am not ready at all. #3 is the oldest doing it and she is really looking forward to it. Has her notebooks labeled, back pack ready, etc.
August 16th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My kids go next Thursday. Physically as far as supplies go we're ready minus 2 boys needing shoes.

Mentally, emotionally mom is not ready because that means summer is over and I didn't get to do everything I wanted.

August 16th, 2013, 11:46 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We start Sept. 3rd. My nephew is supposed to be moved by then and my 4 oldest will be attending all day. The district changed last year and made K all day. So I'm left wondering wth am I going to do with "only" 2 dc at home all day.
I don't like the school year. I prefer the relaxed schedule of the summer and being able to do whatever, whenever. School starts too early in the am.
August 16th, 2013, 11:59 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I love school time. I like the routine, its too much free time in the summer. That said, mine start back Tuesday after Labor Day.
#12 is on the way
August 16th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Starchaser's Avatar Regular
We are almost ready for school to start, the first day is on the 3rd and all we really need to get is indoor sneakers. This summer seems to have blown by, but I am looking forward to having a little time to myself during the day this year
August 17th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
My oldest two are in preschool. They don't start until September 18!!!!! That's FOREVER away. They are looking forward to it as much as I am. We actually just made our count-down chain to count the days until school starts. It's just 9-1 four days a week, but I love the routine and I love the chance for them to around other kids their age and for me to spend more one-on-one time with the younger ones. We've been doing some light home-school activities through the summer and oh boy do you home school moms work HARD! I simply do not have the organizational chops or the discipline to trust myself to keep up with that for the whole year, you ladies are awesome!

Mom to four beautiful girls

Matilda (6), Evelyn (4), Adelaide (2), Cecily (1)

August 18th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sept 3rd here too. I'm not ready physically. I have a lot of stuff to get yet. I don't think I'm going to supply all that **** hand sanitizer and stupid stuff they ask for. I just can afford it. Plus I don't care for all that sanitizer use in school. Becca is very excited to go to all day kindergarten. Jayde has her last year in elementary school this year too.

August 18th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
My 3 oldest started the 12th so last Thursday, we live pretty close to the school so it's not that bad I do prefer the summers relaxed hours but the routine keeps everyone calm and I need that lol!!!
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 10mo 10/10/13

August 19th, 2013, 07:22 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
School starts next Thursday (29th) for my older 3. My youngest 2 have been taking a break from daycare while they've been home. So, in that regard, I'll be sad to have them all back at school because I prefer family taking care of them. However, my oldest 3 need their routines back and a little more structure. There's been entirely too much tv during the days!!

August 20th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My kids go back next week. I have three in school this year...K, 2, 3. Even my baby girl is going to preschool two mornings a week.

I was sad summer was winding down last week, but this week I am feeling ready. I've got all their supplies and everything and I think we are ready to go.
August 21st, 2013, 09:12 PM
Veteran
We live in the desert where the summers are unbearable so we do summer through most of the summer and take winter break. We started July 15th.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search