Cleaning....

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 27th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a confession, and that's my bedroom looks like hidden, secret room on an episode of hoarders. My bedroom tends to be where everything gets "shoved" when the house is a mess and we have unexpected visitors show up.

So I started on our room yesterday. I think I put a good dent in it, problem is, it isn't trash, it's stuff that just needs organized and used up or if a purpose isn't found for it, passed on to someone else. I have been coming across some of my craft supplies that I have been looking for and thinking "that's where that was" etc. I have a tote that craft stuff is supposed to be in, so to find it scattered tells me kids have been in it.

Anyway, I made a huge dent in it yesterday, and was pleased with what I accomplished, until I left my bedroom and looked at the rest of my house. The bedroom looks neat and clean(er) but the rest of the house looks like it threw up.

I can't win.

August 27th, 2013, 06:24 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
It always seems like when I get one room deep cleaned another room gets messed up.

I have to admit, dh and I can, and will, throw anything away. LOL We have way too much stuff though. There are so many toys and clothes and not enough storage.
#12 is on the way
August 27th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I've gotten a lot better about purging (except for the storage room in the basement), but my house can still look cluttered. The top of my fridge seems to be the catch all.

I am pretty much down to just the things we need, and of course the wants, but nothing that 'might, someday, one day' be used any more. I've gotten good and letting stuff go.

Take it one room at a time, and if you haven't used it in months...even if it's good, toss it or donate it.
August 27th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Starchaser's Avatar Regular
I admit as well that my room is the same haven. I rarely get to tend to that hidden garden. The bed gets made and the vacuuming gets done, but the clothes takes over,lol. It seems my dresser is too small, and the clothes that I will one day fit back into I can not part with...ya never know right! One can dream right,lol!!!
August 27th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My room is the same way. We've have had a garage for the past five years, and now our new place doesn't have one. So all the stuff I had stored in there is now in my house...in my room. It is a very large room, so my husband put up a divider and we sleep in one half and "store" in the other half. But I still think it looks like a cave. And I miss my junky garage that was my previous storage/dumping grounds.
August 28th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also posted here, but it's gone.

I am anti-hoarder. I've been known to throw away stuff or give it away then a few days later Rob is looking for it.. oops!

We only have only two closets that I store stuff in, and then our closet, which is just for my clothes and stashing xmas presents.

August 29th, 2013, 09:55 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Im pretty much like Repti....I cant stand clutter or corners of mess. I throw away everything and also sometimes get the backlash of it!!

I have however noticed that while I have been slightly slacking since D was born, Things really get messy fast with out me......now I dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing...lool...

I must say also though ..that I have " learned " to chill a little about certain things and how tidy they must be, for example...the kids drawers, they now put away their own clothes after I fold them. Although their drawers are NOT the way I want them to look, it does take that bit of the load off of me and teaches them in the process.
September 1st, 2013, 05:49 AM
Babymakes8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We've got the house mostly clean. I need to have a yard sale and unload some of this crap.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search