question for mommies with large babies...

Forum: Large Families

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AmiraX4

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2013, 08:51 AM
#6 otw for us:)
Currently 29weeks pregnant with #4, my previous babies have weighed 9 2, 8 4(11days early though), 8 14...
With all of them I worked at least 40hrs/week up until a week or two before they were born...
this time around I'm at 15-25hours/week and have been from the start. This one is measuring 2-3weeks ahead from ultrasound at 24week approx, and has continued to be at same growth pattern... all vital organs measuring right on ttime, head, torso and length are measuring ahead...
I'm 5feet 5inches tall on a good day, medium boned/body type, without a super long torso. With my first his butt literally grew outside my ribcage on one side the last 6weeks or so...
my question is this-what can I do to alleviate the pain/pressure on my ribs and bladder? ? I have 11weeks to go and have had burning ribs the last 3eeeks or so already, which is telling me this one will be bigger than the previous babies!!!
I do spend a lot of time laying down on one side or the other which dies help, but I do have 5kidos and a hubby to look after and cook/clean/do laundry for at home...
any brilliant ideas??
thanks ladies!!!
October 31st, 2013, 09:12 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All I can suggest is rest and delegate work as much as possible. I hope you have a safe delivery!
October 31st, 2013, 11:24 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Congrats on baby! I have not face that type of pain during pregnancy so not really sure what to suggest. The only thing that comes to mind is maybe pregnancy yoga? might move baby around with certain stretches?
jessmgt likes this.
October 31st, 2013, 12:37 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am really short, *4'11'' and I have normal sized kids, 7-8 lbs and 21'' each* I never really thought of it anything than regular pregnancy pains lol. I just made sure my posture was really good while I was sitting etc. With this last pregnancy my ribs hurt for a few weeks after giving birth. Were bruised I bet.

October 31st, 2013, 04:13 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I have had a 10.5 and 11.8 baby, most of mine run the 8-9 lb range, a couple have been smaller.

I have never really had extreme discomfort with any of the babies, but I do watch my how I sit and stand (posture wise, no slumping) at the end. I like the yoga idea, wonder if that would help at all.

Good luck, congrats!
Jenifer....The Queen Bee
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
November 3rd, 2013, 10:53 PM
#6 otw for us:)
Wow, UM, 11 lbs 8 oz?! That's a lot of baby!lol
I'm going to have to look into prenatal yoga, I had not thought of that idea!!
I ended up buying what looks like a posture corrector item which is normally used to ah... create a fuller cleavage.... it fits and feel like a corset that's only about 3 inches long in the front, which sits under my boobs, and is tight accross my ribs and pulls my shoulders back which definately helped this past weekend at work!!!
Anything is worth a try! I love what I do, its needed for the $ I make, but truthfully its my one outlet away from dh and kidos, I need yo work for my sanity! Lol!

big babies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search