Asking for an outside KiCk !!!

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 13th, 2013, 09:51 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
So Im wanting to loose about 20 more lbs. I have done really well so far and have lost my pregnancy weight but I want to really get down to my 'old young self' ..lol... I dont want IRL friends to comment or anything on why I want to lose more weight or anything and I just to lose it as a goal for dec 25th.

I think that is plenty of time to lose it and it would make ME feel good.

So if anyone would like to lose with me or hold me accountable to weekly weigh ins. I would appreciate it. I just think that if I had to report it to someone, it would motivate me to lose it. I will start from today. and every week at least I will report in. (weds) I will also reply with any loss or gain in between that too if Im up to it.

Here goes!!

Day 1 ----0 lbs
November 13th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm in. I have gained 5 back from our big loss since #9 was born. So I need to get back on it. I need to not drink sweet tea, which I am addicted to like crack. So today I weigh 190#. I will weigh in next Wednesday here. Good idea. Thanks for including us. Going to fill my water cup now.
November 13th, 2013, 04:56 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
All right!!! Do you have a date set for a goal? do you plan on losing a certain amount of weight? or just to lose whatever comes off?
November 13th, 2013, 06:08 PM
I'm going with your date and goal. 20 pounds by Christmas.
November 13th, 2013, 06:34 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Awesome!!
November 13th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
well I wasn't gonna tell anyone but it looks like I am in! long story short, I got a report from my dr that I am very very close to diabetic and that I must lose weight. I joined a medically supervised program and started today actually. I am starving but not horrible. I can do it!!! I am starting at 183, I think it was, and I go 5 days a week. my immediate goal is 20 pounds in ten weeks so probably in January some time. with all my meds, its gonna be a slow process.

~~terre~~
November 13th, 2013, 09:47 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Sorry to hear that. I agree YOU CAN DO IT!! you have already taken the first steps with that program. good for you!

Can you eat a protein heavy ie low carb diet to help with the hunger issues? Im not sure what type of diet must follow a diabetic but I love that you can meet 5 days a week. I hope its not to hard on you and that the meds dont cause you havoc and that you can meet your goals.
November 14th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Good luck mil. You can do it. You just have to want to.
November 14th, 2013, 09:54 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Me. I am in too. I would like to lose 20 lbs, but I will say 10-12 by Christmas.

Terre, you can do it!!

Ohhh and I am not sharing my starting weight...LOL
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
November 14th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
ok gals -- first I am on a VERY low carb, high protein diet. I was hungry last night but found out that I had two more servings of protein that I could have had so I know today will be easier.

I went and got weighed this morning and I got reassurance that this might work for me -- I lost 3 pounds already!!!
~mommy~ and AmiraX4 like this.

~~terre~~
November 14th, 2013, 03:06 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Anyone good any good tips on taking the weight off fast?? or just any tricks or well...just anything..lool...

What are you all doing to lose the weight? For me, im watching my carbs and for me that is hard when it comes to rice! we everything with rice, rice made a million different ways, long grain basmati rice...oooh man...im veering off ....

Anyhow, my weakness is rice and pizza so they are OFF LIMITS COMPLETELY! No sugar, and I drink alot of my special spicy lemon water ( its fresh squeezed lemon juice from 1 lemon, about 1 tbsp of cayyenne pepper , and water. )

It helps me get rid of the desire to snack and the lemon helps with inflamation and the pepper helps boost metablolism.

So theres a few of my tricks...whats yours?
November 14th, 2013, 03:16 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been trying to lose 20 pounds for the past month. I haven't even really lost 1. I feel so defeated. I eat next to nothing. I had been working out, but after 3 weeks and no change on the scale, I figured, What's the point. I would love to join the bandwagon and encourage one another in a journey together.
November 14th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
maybe eating 'next to nothing ' is the problem. I heard that if you don't eat enough calories, your body goes into starvation mode and starts holding on to all your weight.

I doubt my 3 pounds was really anything but water but who knows....it still felt good to see the number be smaller.

~~terre~~
November 14th, 2013, 09:23 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
With still nursing, I'm not trying to lose any more weight right now, but here are a couple things that helped me in the past:

No desserts after dinner. If I wanted dessert, I could have it after lunch, but not before bed.
Drink water. I never liked it plain so I would add lemon, lime, or orange to it. I really think that made the biggest difference.
Cut the portion sizes. I started giving myself more of what I expected some of my kids to eat (they were maybe 8-10 at the time). And I didn't allow myself seconds.

Obviously, these won't work for everyone, but it at least started me in the correct direction.

Good luck, ladies!!!
MIL2lissy8 likes this.

New picture in progress......
November 14th, 2013, 09:51 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
^^thank you!! and I agree about watching portion sizes. Even for my children. In general the amount we put on our plates is much more than we really need.AND water water water but no need to over do it. I do loves me my lemon water too though!

MIL---YYAAHHOO!! good start!!!

Mommy~ I agree with Terre, Maybe your not eating enough? and sometimes the inches are coming off but you dont see it on the scale. Please dont get discouraged you can do it!! we can all do it!!

Tonight was a failure for me I have to say. We went to the mall and we bought food and aunt maries pretzel sticks . soooo ya....I will make up for though in the next 2 days.
November 14th, 2013, 10:40 PM
meant2bemommie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I want to lose about 15 pounds, 20 would be amazing but I just can't find the push! I really need to lose it though. I think when I am a little smaller I have more energy and just feel good about myself. Right now I feel like a walking blob. LOL

Oh those are the best pretzels!!!
November 20th, 2013, 08:37 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
6 lbs down!!!!

I knew I would make the 4 lbs mark but yesterday I was down and thought I should post my loss because of course I was afraid I would wake up today and that loss be less ( water weight im sure ) but it was 1 more less today sooooo today is a GOOD day!!

1 week --6lbs YYAAHHH!!!
November 20th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
woo hoo amira!! i am happy to say that i have almost 7 pounds lost!!!! i know it won't stay at that rate but 7 pounds or even 6 like you in a week is AMAZING. that said, i am so hungry right now!!!! go us!!!
AmiraX4 likes this.

~~terre~~
November 20th, 2013, 09:44 AM
I think I found them. I'm up 4 pounds from last Wednesday. I'm getting serious now. I'm at 194. Uncool.
November 20th, 2013, 12:56 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
who the hell can lose 7 lbs in a week?

I can't lose anything and I am off carbs, watch my calories, portions, and exercise daily. My job alone is a workout and I move fast enough to work up a sweat, plus I am climbing up and down and lifting boxes for 5 hours.

I can't even lose a few ounces!!
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search