multiples...

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By cybele
  • 1 Post By HalfDozen
  • 2 Post By meant2bemommie
  • 1 Post By #5in2005
  • 1 Post By AmiraX4
  • 1 Post By Farmers-wife
  • 1 Post By UrbanMomma
  • 2 Post By jessmgt
  • 2 Post By meant2bemommie
  • 1 Post By Farmers-wife
  • 1 Post By AmiraX4
  • 1 Post By MIL2lissy8

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 14th, 2013, 08:18 PM
#6 otw for us:)
With the size of some of the families on this board I have to ask...
How many of you/us have multiplies, twins, triplets, etc and or have babies born. Extremely close together??
Dh and I have 5 between us, one of his and one of mine are less than a year apart, but aside from those two, none are closer than 3ish years apart...
thanks ladies, my curiosity and envy of these big beautiful families made me ask ive always wanted a houseful, and thanks to God and to my blended family, we do have a houseful
~jess
November 14th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No multiples here.
jessmgt likes this.
November 14th, 2013, 08:28 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
No multiples for me, but they run heavily in my family, and that is always the first question we ask the ultrasound tech.

My #2 & #3 are 15 months apart. My #4 and #5 are 20 months apart.
jessmgt likes this.

November 14th, 2013, 08:34 PM
meant2bemommie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No twins here, I mentioned in another post I secretly always wanted them LOL But now that we are blending a family of 8 I am glad there are no twins! LOL

My children are 10, 8, 6, and 5. My first two are 19 months apart. Number 2 and 3 are 22 months apart and 3 and 4 are 20 months apart.

Now when we blend the boys in we have a 12 year old boy (He has autism but highly functional), two 10 year old boys, 8 year old girl, 7 year old boy, 6 year old boy, 5 year old girl, and 4 year old boy.

We have talked about the idea of having more and know that people already look at us crazy but it feels good when we have them all together. It feels like home.
MIL2lissy8 and jessmgt like this.
November 15th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't have twins either. My first 3 are quite close (19 and 18 months apart) then a 2 and a 3 year gap.
jessmgt likes this.
November 15th, 2013, 08:01 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
No twins here, although my #7 DD3 was a heterotopic pregnanc. Which means, I had a twin pregnancy BUT one of the pregnancy was in my right tube ( I had emergency surgery to remove not only the pregnancy, which was DD3's twin, but I also had to have that tube removed because it ruptured and I was bleeding internally.) and then AFTER about ten days or so, I found that DD3 was in utero. COnfusing I know but thats another thread.

So, back to subject, no twins, but Im all over the map when it comes to spacing! lool.

Here goes:

1&2 less than 1 1/2 yrs apart
#3 about 4 yrs apart
get this--#4 almost TEN YEARS apart!! yup...that was ME time!!!
#5 around 1 1/2 yrs apart
#6 same
#7 same
#8 a little more than 1 1/2 yrs apart.

I didnt want to try and do exact math this early in the morning but average about 1 1/2 yrs with most.
jessmgt likes this.
November 15th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My last 3 are all 15-16 months apart. That was a doozy. Most are 22 mos apart. I liked that a lot. And I have 2 3 year gaps. I don't like those as much but I have to say it is better than 15 months.
jessmgt likes this.
November 15th, 2013, 09:23 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
No multiples.

My closest are 16 months apart, the biggest gap is 3 years 2 months.
jessmgt likes this.
#12 is on the way
November 15th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the replies ladies!! My grandma had a baby every October for 5years in a row, then had one 1 1/2 yrs later in June, and 1 ql1/2 yrs later in Dec for the last of her 7... so 9yrs and 2 months between oldest and youngest... very busy decade lol
I always wished that my dh and I were in a position to just have children when they would come, ntnp and just see how it goes...
How have you ladies gone about growing your families? Have you prevented pregnancy inbetween your babies, or did you just let nature run its course?? For the mommy who had both an ectopic pregnancy and an inuterine pregnancy at the same time, wow! I'm glad your DD was not affected by the surgery, and I'm glad you were able to carry her through to the end!!
November 15th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meant2bemommie View Post
No twins here, I mentioned in another post I secretly always wanted them LOL But now that we are blending a family of 8 I am glad there are no twins! LOL

My children are 10, 8, 6, and 5. My first two are 19 months apart. Number 2 and 3 are 22 months apart and 3 and 4 are 20 months apart.

Now when we blend the boys in we have a 12 year old boy (He has autism but highly functional), two 10 year old boys, 8 year old girl, 7 year old boy, 6 year old boy, 5 year old girl, and 4 year old boy.

We have talked about the idea of having more and know that people already look at us crazy but it feels good when we have them all together. It feels like home.
I love the way you put the last part of your post... when you have everyone together it feels like home... that's how I feel exactly about my blended family! Even though we have 2 mine, 2 yours, 1 ours and another otw, from the first time we had everyone in the same home together it just felt right. Feels like home:-) for all of our kids there is only one Mami and one Papi for them, regardless of the blood connection or not. They are all brothers/sister, and look out for eachother this way too... as much as I wish the kids still were able to have a connection to the parent who walked away, its better for them how it is now. The security and love and consistancy is here throughout and everyone has their own special place in our family... I am truely blessed, and I see it more and more each day that passes!
meant2bemommie and MIL2lissy8 like this.
November 15th, 2013, 10:48 AM
meant2bemommie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is how it was the first time we had them together. That was really the turning point. Like we knew, this was going to be our family. Our big family, but ours! It is amazing how life happens that way. When you least expect it, you get blessed so many times over and it feels awesome!!
MIL2lissy8 and jessmgt like this.
November 15th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
#1 was a surprise and the rest were jdt ntnp. It has worked for us.
jessmgt likes this.
November 15th, 2013, 11:54 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessmgt View Post
For the mommy who had both an ectopic pregnancy and an inuterine pregnancy at the same time, wow! I'm glad your DD was not affected by the surgery, and I'm glad you were able to carry her through to the end!!
To answer your first question, the only time we were really careful about pregnancy was after #1 ( which failed obvisouly) and after #2 and we did pretty good. Then after #3 and that was our longest and last break.

Regarding the heterotopic pregnancy, Long story but in short when I had my hcg levels tested because of bleeding, they were in the high thousands and although I know this is NOT always an indicator of twins, it was very ABnormal for ME. so I knew...but no doctor agreed with me that it could be twins. When I went in for emergency surgery about a week later, they had no clue I had a second pregnancy in my uterus. was nt til about 10 days later that I WENT to the ER cause of issues and AFTER they did another hcg that they thought something was up. Later that night I went in for an ultrasound where it was confirmed.

Yes this is a rare happening, and thanks to god for the blessing because it was a horrible experience to go through. BTW..this all happened while we were living in the UK.

and DD3 had no problems and was not affected by the surgery and I was under general anatesia. and very heavy pain meds
jessmgt likes this.
November 15th, 2013, 01:40 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
soo talking about big families and how close they were, let me see if I can say this correctly:

mom had me when she was just barely 17,
then my brother c. when she was barely 18,
then my sister d. when she was almost 20,
then my sister k. when she was almost 21,
then my sister p.when she was almost 22,
and then my brother b. two months after she turned 23.

that makes 10 months and 16 days between me and brother c,
then about 18 months between brother c. and sister d.,
then 12 months almost exactly between sister d. and sister k.
then 14 months between sister k. and sister p.
and then 15 between sister p. and brother b. .

and that, my friends, is a recipe for insanity!!!!!
jessmgt likes this.

~~terre~~
November 17th, 2013, 01:00 PM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No multiples here.

Had #1 at age 19.
1 year and 51 weeks later had #2.
2 years 2 months later had #3.
2 years 11 months and 2 weeks later had #4.
3 years 4 months later had #5.
So my spacing keeps getting a little longer each time.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
November 18th, 2013, 05:40 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nope, no twins here either, I grow them one by one also. lol

I have two sets that are 16/17 months apart largest gap is three years.

November 20th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No multiples here, though #7 started as a twin pregnancy but his twin did not make it (very early in pregnancy).
Mine are:
1-2: 21 months
2-3: 4.5 years
3-4: 21 months
4-5: 16 months
5-6: 17 months
6-7: 19 months
We are expecting #8 in July and s/he will be almost 2.5 years younger. I did enjoy that break but I am excited to do this again
November 22nd, 2013, 08:38 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
I have one set of twins(they're 5). I'm glad that's all the multiples I have because being pregnant with two was hard for me. A lot of my kids are close in age(the ages are in my siggy).

Michael(17), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(9), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(3), Ronan(1)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search