about all these children we have....

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By UrbanMomma
  • 2 Post By cybele
  • 1 Post By sarahlorrain

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 20th, 2013, 12:59 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my question is this: when your first started your family did you plan to have many kids? or did you grow into the idea as it happened? i know that for some of you it is a religious thing to let the Lord control the size of your family ( ). did you always believe that way?

i think i always wanted 4 kids...actually i wanted more but could not have them. now though, at my age, i am glad i did not have more. i'd be so tired with teenagers now.

~~terre~~
November 20th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I always wanted around 5, the husband only wanted 2 and not a penny more. Now he would keep going, but I am done. We just kinda kept having them.
November 20th, 2013, 03:06 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I never wanted kids. I really believe God just had other plans for my life.
Kierasmom and HalfDozen like this.
#12 is on the way
November 20th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When we first were together my husband said he wanted 12 kids and I said no way. Then he said he really wanted 6 but thought he would start with a higher number so we could negotiate I am currently expecting #8. It's possible we will have another 1-2 after this baby, but I don't think we will make it to his original goal of 12. We just really enjoy having and raising our children.

November 20th, 2013, 05:02 PM
meant2bemommie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When my ex and I started having kids we didn't plan them. Just let them happen. Then we stopped at 4. Now that I am not with my ex and happy with SO I am not sure we are done but need to wait to really have more if we want them. At least until June.
November 20th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We were done after two. I'm just really bad at taking the pill properly.
mom2many2010 and HalfDozen like this.
November 20th, 2013, 05:52 PM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wanted 1 girl...got her... had ds1 did not want 2...wanted more. Dh wanted 12... got to 6 that was supposed to be 7 and he wanted 1 more to make 8. 7 turned to 6 and dh said I know they didn't make a show about it or anything, but 6 is enough....So 6 we have and 6 it shall be.
My paternal grandmother had 11 (1 was stillborn. I think) She raised 10. Her dh passed away when he was 49. My aunts picked on me and asked if I was trying to be like her...I had the most dc of all of my aunts and uncles and cousins.

Last edited by ~mommy~; November 20th, 2013 at 05:56 PM.
November 21st, 2013, 12:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We always wanted to have 4 or 5 we thought, since you never know until you actually have kids, so there's my 5. I possibly could have talked dh in to 6, though I'm not sure, but I've always been very happy with 5.
November 21st, 2013, 02:12 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
#1 was not planned. When I met DH I knew I wanted to have kids with him almost immediately I don't know why, I got pregnant when we had only been together about four months. After that I just kept having them I guess. I only really *tried* for the last few. I'm not sure what makes me not be done, but I know I'm not and I don't want to do anything permanent because of that.

November 22nd, 2013, 05:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We always knew we wanted a big family. We had talked about 6+, but this might be it with our four. So not super big, but more than the average two kiddos I guess.
November 22nd, 2013, 08:47 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I knew I wanted children not 8 though. Dh has always wanted a very large family.
November 23rd, 2013, 07:06 PM
Veteran
I always wanted a big family but once we had our two we said that would be it so we could afford more than what we had as kids. Then they just kept coming since we won't do anything permanent. I'm 8 months pregnant with #5. We LOVE having a big family and would not mind more. We just don't try for them.
December 4th, 2013, 03:01 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I already had my first when I met my husband (and had sworn that it would just be me and her forever because I was fed up with men, but God had other plans for me). We knew we wanted to have more right away since we already had her, and I got pregnant about a month after we got married. Before getting married, we had said a total of 3. So, after the 2nd, we had a surprise, and they are only 15 months apart. We figured we were done. For some reason, at that point, I couldn't fathom having another, and I was very careful, even though he kept saying he wanted more right away. Then, over time, he was done, and I said I wanted more. One day, he came home from a trip and said we could have 1 more, but that was it. (Our youngest was just about 9.) We got pregnant right away. I agreed that she would be the last because I was miserable toward the end and had to be induced early for medical reasons and had the most horrific labor and delivery. But, then we had 1 more by accident. I am terrible about taking pills, and we're not big fans of condoms. He tells everyone we're done, but I'm not so sure he really feels that way. He had a vasectomy scheduled after the 4th and cancelled it. He talks about it sometimes, but he won't schedule it, I know, and I've been very clear that I am not doing anything permanent. I guess we'll see how large our family ends up….

December 10th, 2013, 05:49 PM
mommy2lilmen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
with my ex he wanted 1 maybe 2 max... then apparently I forced 2 more on him.. and I got my tubes tied to help make the relationship stronger and I did not want to get them tied. It ended up strainging us all the decisions I made for him.. only to be left disappointed.. I left him and got with my current husband now and we pondered on having more if the reversal worked. we wanted to try for one, we lost that baby and got pregnant again.. and then again after, we were *done* then we felt in our hearts we weren't done and went to try.. for a 3rd.. and we just said we would let it be and if we had more we had more.. we got pregnant again with our little girl. and I made the decision to stop having kids after her cus of all the complications and care she has and needs. I think I feel content.. altho I miss being pregnant.
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013

December 14th, 2013, 05:07 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
I wanted one late in life. But I had a surprise first pregnancy right after my husband and I got engaged. Then I had a surprise second pregnancy. And I was so in love, we just opened our hearts for however many more that come our way.

December 14th, 2013, 01:14 PM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I originally wanted 5. After the first one, I wasn't so sure anymore. After about a year I started to get the bug and dh was easy to convince. When #2 was a year old, it took me a few months to convince dh for #3. We thought we were done, then #4 was a true God-given blessing/surprise. Again, I thought we were done and then dh suggested we have another, so now we have #5. I am open to more, however last night dh said "We are not having any more kids until we can get these ones under control!" So maybe he's also open to more if we can get these one to start behaving/stop talking back/stop trashing the house.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
December 17th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Momtothe6thpower's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^^ can you let me know the secret, Sarah, once you figure it out!?

I always wanted three, two girls and a boy and I just knew they would all have names with same first initial. My oldest came from a previous relationship that didn't last so I dreamed of another girl and a boy whose names would start with 'A' (Abigail and Aidan to be exact, lol!)
I meant dh and I did get my boy and girl but God loved the plan so much he gave had me do it again (another boy and two more girls)!! However, I don't have a single repeating initial, lol!
It's crazy to think of how things never go as planned but yet you wouldn't have it any other way.
December 19th, 2013, 11:44 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL Cortney, so dh and I talked it over and he said when he was in the army when they got in trouble they had to scrub floors with a toothbrush. I thought that was a little much for kids, so we decided cleaning the kitchen floor with a rag for a set number of minutes would be a good punishment to try. I used to use it only for when they ate in any room of the house other than the kitchen. Turns out, it works great for anything and my kitchen floor is clean. Which is nice since dh broke my mop and I don't want to buy another one.
Momtothe6thpower likes this.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search