Mommies with daughters...???

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By #5in2005
  • 2 Post By lmunoz8517
  • 2 Post By ~mommy~

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 24th, 2013, 01:19 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Being that I now have 4 daughters, the issue is going to come up. I wear make almost everyday but not alot of it. I dont wear foundation or powder but I do my eyes and lips and occasionally put a tad of blush. and pretty natural lips with a hint of pink. SO they dont see me all clown faced out with make up but my girls do like to play with my mine and ask for my scented lip gloss.

Anyone going to allow make up and what age if you so?
November 24th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh dear! I really haven't thought about it much! I don't own or wear make up and never have. I did for prom and my wedding, but my husband doesn't like it and neither do I. BUT I don't know that we'll forbid it. I guess I need to bring it up with him!

ETA: I did ask DH and he said whenever there's an interest, but it will be subject to a review board (us). So there you go. I feel fine with that. For me the motivation to wear it is of more concern/importance than the actual wearing of it.

Last edited by ZZ0607; November 27th, 2013 at 08:28 AM.
November 24th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't wear any as I'm just not that into it. I am jealous of women who are put together and take the time to do it.

My teens are all about it though. They can glam themselves up beautifully. It comes from theater training and being artsy. I just tell them to go easy on it for real life stuff and they do.
November 24th, 2013, 03:35 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
they can wear it around 15-16
#12 is on the way
November 24th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
To be honest, I don't really care. It's not a big deal to me, they can wear it whenever they like.

I'm not much of a make up wearer.
November 24th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I wear quite a bit of makeup myself......

When they are in jr high they are allowed to wear it but have to follow my rules. (nothing very dark) They mostly can't be bothered with it, just mascara because we have such light eyelashes.

In highschool they can decide for themselves, and if they choose to look ridiculous (or be funky) then that's their choice. My oldest occasionally wears a bit more eyeliner than I think is neccisary, but I'm not going to get worked up about it.

We've had lots of makeup kits in the house and they used to have a great time putting it on and dressing up. As long as they didn't wear it out of the house I was totally fine with it.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
November 24th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I always wore make-up until I hit about 30, and then I pretty much stopped. I do wear it for special occasions or every once and a while, but when I do my kids always assume we're going somewhere. Same thing when I wear my hair down lol

My kids were about 13, if they are to young it just looks funny to me. Like little girls trying to be all grown, when they aren't.

It started out simple, but by about 14-15 I didn't really care, they could do what they wanted.
November 25th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't really give a crap if they want to wear makeup, the husband would have a huge fit about it though. I don't wear any, and he doesn't like makeup at all. I know Sydney will want to wear it sooner than Jayde. She doesn't like girly stuff at all.

November 25th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Veteran
Probably 17 they will be allowed to but nothing major.

I wear mascara and eyeliner and occasionally foundation.
December 4th, 2013, 03:08 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I only use foundation, blush, and powder, and it's very natural. Without it, I would literally look like a ghost. My oldest was allowed to start wearing it at 15. She wears the same as me, but also includes mascara and sometimes eye shadow. I don't have time to worry about eye makeup for me. My 2nd is showing interest, and has for a while, but Dad just told her today that if he sees it on her one more time before she's 15, her phone is getting smashed. I'm pretty sure he means it.

I was allowed to wear it at 13, but this is his thing, and he's protective about it so I'm respectful of the boundaries he wants to set. I don't wear anything snazzy, and the girls know they are not allowed to, either. It's a privilege that can always be revoked!

December 5th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't really care. Everyone in a while I put a little blush and lip gloss on the girls just for fun. I think I started wearing make-up in 8th or 9th grade, but I have never worn a lot. Mainly just foundation and a little blush.
December 5th, 2013, 08:25 AM
lmunoz8517's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our oldest dd is 7, she is very girly. She plays in it at the house all the time. She is a very confident person so dh and I have decided that whenever she decides (when reasonable) she will be allowed to wear it. Motivation is a factor. Does she want to wear it for herself or to attract a boys attention. We have already had serious talks about modesty and dressing for ourselves not for any one else. I won't wear anything that her daddy and I wouldnt want her to wear. I wear my makeup very naturally light browns and pinks. So hopefully since she follows my lead on clothing she will follow my lead on makeup as well.
clouise and MIL2lissy8 like this.
December 6th, 2013, 08:24 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dd1 is 16 and wears thick black eyeliner all the way around her eyes. I did the same when I was her age. She's a good student and a good kid, so I don't really mind. The thing that does bother me is she has started to gauge her ears one of our dc should go to school to learn how to fix that, I feel there is going to be a huge market for it in 5-10 years, just like laser tattoo removal.
MIL2lissy8 and HalfDozen like this.
December 6th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
I have 2 dd's, one is going on 13 years old and the other 8 months old. My oldest dd has recently wanted to try make up and I don't have an issue with it, she does not wear foundation as at that age there isn't a reason for it, so she wears mascara and lip gloss and that's pretty much it. I wear make up but not heavy, bare minerals, eyeliner on the top lid, mascara, light blush and lip plumper (can't go without the lip plumper! lol) I think it's just a personal choice, kind of like ear piercing, some have it done as babies and some wait. We waited till dd was 5 years old to do that so she could make the choice herself, and we will do the same with the 8 month old.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
December 8th, 2013, 11:23 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I'm thinking around 13, I only wear mascara so I really don't think they will want to wear much!
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 10mo 10/10/13

December 9th, 2013, 10:18 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I wear make up but not foundation unless Im going to a very formal function. I always have my eyes done and pink tinted gloss. I think we let them play at home with the light stuff but as far as actually wearing it, when puberty starts I think it will be considered. That could change though. We will ride with it as I agree about the intention thing and as long as its not thought of the ONLY way to look good.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search