Spring break plans?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2014, 08:39 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I know a lot of you home school and Im not sure how the breaks work with that but isnt everyone having spring break this next week or so?

This Thursday will be the kids last week of school till April 2nd and we have changed our plans a couple of times but still making last minute plans.

What are you all doing?
March 16th, 2014, 10:46 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We had our break from co op two weeks ago, so we aren't spring breaking. Our co op goes til April 15 then we are done til August. But we will keep doing reading and math and maybe Latin. Everyday.
March 17th, 2014, 03:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Our autumn holidays start on the 5th April, they go back on the 22nd for a three day week, as the 21st is a public holiday for Easter Monday and the 25th is a public holiday for ANZAC day. Slow start back to the school term.

Nothing major planned, my 6yr old is booked into a "holiday club" for Mon-Wed each week as I work, he's excited because one of the days they are having a reptile keeper visit and he wants to hold a big snake and on the last day he's booked in they're going to Funfields, which is a big amusement park.

He's the only one having any fun really, haha. The older kids usually use the school holidays to pick up extra shifts at work, and my 12yr old is too old for Holiday Club now so she's staying home.

Last edited by cybele; March 17th, 2014 at 03:04 AM.
March 17th, 2014, 04:21 AM
angelinal09's Avatar Super Mommy
My kids go to public school and the older ones break starts the 3rd, while the pre-schooler doesn't have one. I had planned to take my oldest dd to NYC for the week as an early 10th birthday present (she'll be 10 in July) but cancelled because I'm just too worried about the implications of flying while pregnant with the twins. Fortunately, it was a surprise and only dh and I knew about it so it didn't affect her. We'll probably reschedule for next spring break. So, the only plans here are to relax and maybe go to the museum.
March 17th, 2014, 07:57 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Our kids don't have "spring" break per se. Here in the ridiculous northeast, they have a week-long February AND April break. This year it happens to fall the week after Easter, but that's a rarity. I wish they just had one spring break like we used to in the Midwest that was either the week before or after Easter.

New picture in progress......
March 17th, 2014, 08:59 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
No....the kids have a week off right around Easter, which cannot be called "Easter break" so I believe THAT is called Spring break.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
March 17th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ours is from the 24th to the 29th, they go back the 31st. It looks like they have off the Friday before easter as well, but they go back that monday because of snow days.

2 girls are going to grandpa's house, we have a brat fry on the 29th all day pretty much. Other than that not sure what we're going to do.

March 21st, 2014, 06:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My kids are off the week before Easter, and Easter Monday (the day after Easter.) Hopefully it will have warmed up by then...this has been such a long winter.

My dh has to work Easter weekend, so we'll be home then, but I am thinking of trying to go see my Grandma sometime during the week. She lives at the beach too, so that could turn out to be a nice trip. She's 90 years old, and we haven't seen her since August, so I'd love to get down there.
March 21st, 2014, 02:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
nevermind -- wrong thread.....

~~terre~~

Last edited by MIL2lissy8; March 21st, 2014 at 02:34 PM.
March 22nd, 2014, 09:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Our break started yesterday and kids are back March 31.

we are planning to leave to the mountains after church tomorrow, for two nights, and will ski on monday. The place we're going to is very kid geared, it's got a play place and a pool with 2 big slides, we chose to go there because we're almost getting to be out of that stage. I like staying at a place with a kitchen, so we won't have to eat out.

Not a whole lot going on the rest of the week. sil and her kids are coming over for supper and hottub time.
March 24th, 2014, 11:59 AM
Regular
My older two are on break this week, and will go back to school on the 31st. We hadn't really thought out this week, because we're in the process of packing up to move and the weather outside is sunny but cold. If the weather warms up, we'll probably take a few trips to the park or even the zoo. If not, lots of family game/movie nights this week and maybe a library day.
March 29th, 2014, 06:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We will be doing school since I have been dealing with such severe morning sickness for the last few months it totally threw us way off. I want to have a nice long summer break so we will be pushing till then.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search