What do you drive?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes
  • 1 Post By cybele
  • 1 Post By Repti.Mom
  • 1 Post By Farmers-wife
  • 1 Post By clouise
  • 3 Post By UrbanMomma
  • 1 Post By HalfDozen
  • 1 Post By AmiraX4
  • 1 Post By ~mommy~
  • 1 Post By Rebelmommy
  • 1 Post By #5in2005
  • 1 Post By MIL2lissy8
  • 2 Post By babymama10
  • 1 Post By deaths final kiss
  • 1 Post By sarahlorrain

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2014, 06:49 PM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
Right now we have the "family car" which is a Ford Excursion and then we have my car, which while I love and swore I would never part with only holds 5 people and is now unrealistic for us to keep Soooo... I need some ideas of something that can comfortably seat at least 7 (with 2 in carseats), fit the double stroller AND my groceries in it. I know we could just get another Excursion but I was curious as to what some of the other options would be. If it only seats 7 we would be ok (as long as the carseats fit) as my oldest has her own car and tends to take that wherever we go instead of riding in the "loud" car..LOL

Ashley (02/18/94) Rhiana (08/20/02) Tierney (05/23/04)
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) Devlynn Grace (02/05/2016)

April 26th, 2014, 07:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Not really much help here. I have a '92 Jeep wrangler (the oh so uncommon 4-door variety) with a couple of dickie seats in the back. Not sure of the legality of dickie seats overseas, I think they're holding on by a thread as far as car seat laws in Australia go. You can't attach car seats to them, I know that.
Same situation though, my oldest has her own car, and soon my #2 will have his own (he's counting down the months until he can get his licence, the poor dear).
Rebelmommy likes this.
April 27th, 2014, 08:22 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
07 odyssey. We don't fit anymore but it is what it is and we owe 10000 on it yet so stuck with it.
Rebelmommy likes this.

April 27th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
09 ford e350 and a 11 ford fiesta.
Rebelmommy likes this.
April 27th, 2014, 08:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We have a Town & Country minivan. It seats seven, and I really like it.
Rebelmommy likes this.
April 27th, 2014, 09:29 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
15 passenger van for trips with everyone and a conversion van for trips with just a "few."
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
April 27th, 2014, 11:44 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
We have a Chevy Uplander. Ours seats 7, although I think they make them that seat 8. I'm also in the market for a new car because we have too many long trips and live in the middle of nowhere so taking 2 separate cars all the time is not an option.
Rebelmommy likes this.

New picture in progress......
April 27th, 2014, 10:57 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
2013 Odyssey touring elite. I never thought I would be a mini van driver...................but I am and we really love ours. its loaded and leather so it kinda has that un-mini van feel..lool...

Its got A LOT of space in it. We have 2 boosters in the back row, Big carseat , infant carrier with base and booster seat in the second row and theres still alot of space! the seats are bucket so the come out really easy for re arranging the style or seating style that works.

Its also very roomy and easy for the 4 yr old to get out of the back by her self with moving the seat forward. The back trunk thing or hatch or whatever its called is huge and fits one really big size stroller, an umbrella stroller and 2 weeks worth of groceries!

Seriously is a great family car with splenty of space and a fold down wide screen video/game...It has all these hidden pockets and store away places ..I just love it. smooth and quiet ride. Pretty cool for a 'minivan'.
Rebelmommy likes this.
April 28th, 2014, 08:16 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
98 Ford club wagon 15 pass. but has a bench removed so seats 12 for whole family travel.09 Chrysler Town & Country for just me and the bio dc (seats 7, so nephew won't fit with all the others)
04 Chevy Avalanche seats 5 dh vehicle teaching dd1 to drive it. Shes finally decided she wants to go to drivers ed. lol
Rebelmommy likes this.
April 28th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Thanks Ladies.. It is nice to see so many options and hear what people think of them in real life situations! I really dread having to car shop again.. because if we find one I think I like I make them let me put all my car seats in and make all the kids climb in and out so I can see how it would work for us realistically..LOL Most places don't really appareciate my version of a "test drive" LOL
deaths final kiss likes this.

Talon

April 28th, 2014, 09:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have a toyota sienna that seats 8 and I really like it. Lots of seating, lots of room in the back.
Rebelmommy likes this.
April 28th, 2014, 02:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i had a 2007 hyundau entourage -- it is sold under the KIA brand now. i loved it!!! it seated 7 comfortably, including car seats. had a back hatch area for tyhe stroller and groceries and plenty of leg room inside. it drove so nicely. btw -- DD is driving it now. i downsized to a 2012 hyundau santa fe and love it as well.
Rebelmommy likes this.

~~terre~~
April 28th, 2014, 08:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have a beautiful Ford E350 15 passenger. Its loaded. The most important thing to get if you buy a big van is dual air conditioning. We love it. So many of the big vans don't have vents back there for each person and self control for each ac vent. Everyone is comfortable and ends the whining. We also had a better braking system so I can haul our horse trailer with the kids. Its been a huge blessing.
Rebelmommy and mamato4andc like this.
April 29th, 2014, 12:07 AM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have an 08 dodge ram, that seats 6, but sucks on gas mileage, and our fun ride, which is a 98 civic that my husband and I have molded a body kit onto, painted, etc. For now that works with the 5 of us, but just barely. I'm not sure if we will keep it when I get pregnant, or if we'll give up on car shows for the time being. It's still a possibility for driving, since my oldest 2 are in school during the day, and at their dad's (ex husband) during the evenings every other week.

We really want to find a mid sized SUV with 3rd row seating though... just haven't decided what type yet.
Rebelmommy likes this.

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d
April 30th, 2014, 08:11 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We drive an '02 Suburban. Seats 8 (could seat 9 if I got a bench seat for the front). Fits a double stroller and groceries at the same time but I pile the groceries on top of the stroller. I love it.
Rebelmommy likes this.
April 30th, 2014, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlorrain View Post
We drive an '02 Suburban. Seats 8 (could seat 9 if I got a bench seat for the front). Fits a double stroller and groceries at the same time but I pile the groceries on top of the stroller. I love it.
Sounds like our Excursion

Talon

April 30th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Veteran
We have a Ford Econoline that fits 12. We have one kid in a regular seat, one in a booster and 3 in 5 pt harnesses right now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search