Potty training problem

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By clouise
  • 1 Post By HalfDozen
  • 1 Post By Repti.Mom
  • 2 Post By AmiraX4
  • 1 Post By babymama10

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So #9 was all into potty training. Did pretty well with peeing, stayed dry most nights. But with only a couple exceptions, kept pooping in her pants. After 2 weeks and seeing no improvement, I wanted to put her back in diapers. Dh said no, keep at it. After 3 almost 4 weeks, he has also given up.

What can I do to make her poop in the potty? What should I do about pee? She will ask to take off the diaper and pee on the potty. I'm so confused.
May 10th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
#4 is like that. She pee trained pretty easily, still has pooping issues and she will be four next month. Basically I just watch her and catch her when she looks like she has to poop. Also you want to fight constipation, so keep pushing the fiber and liquids. Katy will hold it because she doesn't want to go, get stopped up so it hurts, and then it is just a bad cycle.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
May 10th, 2014, 01:57 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
never had this issue. my kids all potty-trained so fast. the grandkids.....whole different ballgame!!!

~~terre~~
May 10th, 2014, 04:46 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
I can't remember how old the little one is? My answer will vary based on age.
May 10th, 2014, 05:17 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
2 years 1 month 1 week
May 10th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
That's about what I was thinking. I'd throw her back in a diaper for a month (obviously not the same diaper lol), and then try again.
May 10th, 2014, 05:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think that if after that amount of time she still isn't getting it then maybe she just isn't ready yet.

One of mine was like that, just took a bit longer to get there.
May 10th, 2014, 05:39 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
My 2 1/2 year old still has absolutely no interest. We even bought underwear in the hopes that she would pick it up, but she's just too busy. I had at least one other one like that. So, for now I'm not pushing it.

I can't deal with the constant pooping in pants so I'd put her back in a diaper for a while longer.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.

May 10th, 2014, 07:26 PM
MIL2lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
umm...our almost 3 y/o is not even remotely interested, even though we put her on the potty and bought cute chonies for her. she prefers a diaper.

~~terre~~
May 10th, 2014, 07:38 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Bastian will be 5 in July. He poops his pants all the time. He's got major issues too. He'll go to college in diapers.
babymama10 likes this.

May 12th, 2014, 08:32 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
What can I do to make her poop in the potty?
besides instant rewards and a lot of praise or exlax, I would just keep being consistant and without asking her sometimes just put her on the toilet.

What should I do about pee? She will ask to take off the diaper and pee on the potty.
keep up with it. try not to let her see you upset of frustrated with the poop in the panties. IMO poop is not a mess Im super willing to clean or anything, so I would just stock up on like 100 packs of cheap panties from walmart and casually change her throw the pooped panties away and start new and show her the new panties so she gets excited about them and she wont want to ruin them.
May 12th, 2014, 10:31 AM
6 Girls and 4 Boys
These ladies have all said the things we have tried. Sometimes they just are not ready to poop in the potty and its so FRUSTRATING!!!
HalfDozen likes this.
May 12th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
I would try again in a couple of months.

Michael(17), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(9), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(3), Ronan(1)
May 13th, 2014, 07:23 AM
~mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Either wait a while and try againor something that worked with a few of my more stubborn ones was
I would give candy or a cookie, whatever you have on hand, for poop.
after they get the hang of it I ran out.
May 14th, 2014, 01:17 AM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Veteran
I was wondering about this... my boys both potty trained later around 3 1/2, and my younger son is 6, and still wears diapers to bed. I got tired of changing the sheets. He gets pennies if he keeps it dry. Didn't have this many problems with my oldest at this age. Once every few months maybe...

I had heard that girls potty train earlier, and had friends potty training their girls earlier than my daughter's age... but she has no understanding, or interest. Not sure which, she doesn't talk yet, aside from a handful of words. Mostly "names", family/animals/toys. I ask if she needs a new "bum bum" and she'll run to the changing table, so she's understanding that, but just looks at me like I'm crazy if I set her on the toilet.

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search