Did your husband..

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree23Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2014, 07:08 PM
Faith=2xBlessed's Avatar PrettyCrispy Scrunchy Mom
Originally want a big family? Or was it something you had to convince him of? Or did it just " happen" that way? I want a big family but my husband says one more and were done but I just don't think I'll be happy with only one more not that I'm not happy but you know what I mean!

Layla Marie & Savannah Rose born on December 19th 2013
July 10th, 2014, 07:16 PM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It just sort of evolved for us. We love sex, but couldn't find a bc that we found acceptable. Neither of us wanted surgery, neither of us wanted me to take hormonal bc, neither of us wanted barriers, and pull and pray is too messy. So just having another baby was easier. Now I'm pg with #10.
July 10th, 2014, 07:23 PM
My husband wanted me to take Bc but I didn't want the hormones so we use condoms.. He's kind of a high stress kind of guy and gets easily stressed with our daughters now so idk if he's the type for a big family or maybe it's just Bc two is harder than one and their his first or maybe things will change as he gets older.. I'm just hoping he'll be on board with a big family eventually.. I already started talking to him about the next baby and he's like no way! But I'm hoping by the time the girls are 1 1.5 he'll be cool with it

July 10th, 2014, 10:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wasn't planned, I just suck at taking the pill.

He's one of four whereas I was an only child so having 5 kids is probably more normal to him then it is to me.
Faith=2xBlessed likes this.
July 11th, 2014, 12:41 AM
deaths final kiss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH and I were both raised as only children (I have a half sister, and he has a bunch of half siblings he's never met), so a big family is new for both of us. He came into my premade family with my 2 boys, and really wants to have a 2nd baby of our own. TBH, if we weren't already struggling financially, I can see him wanting more than 4 total. He'd been more eagerly talking about having a 4th than I was before I got pregnant last time. We both really want to have a 4th for sure though.

Angels 3-27-04 9wks, 6-2-14 8w5d

July 11th, 2014, 08:23 AM
My husband was a confirmed bachelor... before meeting me and my two children. HE had to convince me to having one more, and one more, and one more.. (okay , I wasn't hard to convince but shhh...I like when he begs me)
July 11th, 2014, 08:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Dh wanted to have "more than 3" (he's the middle of 3). He was happy with 4, but game for 5 (even though I wasn't for a while). Neither of us has ever wanted more than 5.
July 11th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not planned, just happened. We intended to stop after we had two of each, then we had three of each, now it could be four lol The more we have the less he really cares or worries.

July 11th, 2014, 03:27 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
We always wanted 3, and that was what we agreed on when we got married. I was already bringing 1 into it so that meant just 2 more. After 3, he was ready for more immediately, and I was a little stressed with just those 3 so I held off. Over a couple of years, though, I became convinced we weren't done. However, as the girls got older, he thought we were done. Then, he came home from a business trip, and said "1 more. If we're going to do this, it starts now, and then we're done." I happily agreed. Well, then I was nursing so limited on birth control, and I'm terrible at remembering to take it so we had #5. A few months before I got pregnant this time, I told him that I was NOT taking anything so if he didn't want any more, it was completely up to him. Well, here we are. Apparently, now he knows I'm serious, and he had a vasectomy a couple of months ago. I would love more, but realistically, we're probably good with the 6 we're going to have.

New picture in progress......
July 11th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
No mine did not want a large family, not at all. Now he's the one who wants more, and I am done.
July 11th, 2014, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the responses! Love hearing each story! I'm hoping that my husband will want more once we get past this twin baby stage.. I don't think he thought it'd be that hard lol big surprise for him! I just hope I only have singletons after this not that I don't love my girls but one would be cake lol

And I want an all natural homebirth and have the nursing experience I had hoped for!

July 13th, 2014, 06:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We talked about it before we got married. We wanted to have six, but I think we are done with four.
July 13th, 2014, 08:44 AM
angelinal09's Avatar Super Mommy
Well, I never wanted to have kids. We never had a "set" number. One came along, then another, then another...and one day, we looked around and realized there were 8 of them, lol (soon to be 10). Dh is an only child and I'm the middle of three.
July 14th, 2014, 07:57 AM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
He said it was something he never really gave a lot of thought until we were in it. He always wanted kids, had assumed "at least 2."
I wanted a big family. He knew before we got married and was open to up to 6.
As we've gone along, we just aren't interested in birth control and believe that we will have the children we are meant to have. I will admit that I've felt stretched this year and have found myself thinking and even saying "only one more." But we've always talked about even numbers. We are TTC #5 and I guess we'll just see after that.

July 14th, 2014, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the responses I talked to him last night about the next baby he said can we wait til January to talk about it.. So I am hoping we can try for another by January!! He was surprised when I said I want more than three Bc we both had said that's what we wanted but that was before we had the girls now that I have them I want more!!!
Jenilope and angelinal09 like this.

July 16th, 2014, 01:44 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Dh has always wanted A LOT of kids and still does...I have been saying done for the past few pregnancies HOWEVER, between his sweet passion, great push gifts and unknowingly following Repti-moms advice, the number keeps growing!
July 18th, 2014, 08:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We just never used birth control and just let God do His thing . We are expecting number 11 on New Years Day. We both come from a family of 2. Huge shock to our families, and not a welcome one, sadly. But we and the kids are happy, so there you go.

July 18th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I always wanted a big family. My husband's thinking has become "it's not really in our control anyway" due to our particular history and I largely agree with him. When we're done I just assume one of us will be "fixed". Maybe after this one, maybe not.

My original idea of a large family was three (I have one sister and I have a half-brother but it was just my sister and I growing up, felt kinda lonely) which grew to four after seeing my husband and his three brothers together but now that I am expecting number four (will take all prayers and good thoughts for a sticky baby) four just doesn't seem that big really. Bigger than average but certainly not huge. My family is not going to be happy with our good news (my dad was flat-out rude when we announced number three) and I am not sure how hubby' s family will react. There will be shock and negativity from some and I think everyone will be surprised as I think it has been assumed we were done since we got a boy after the girls (ANNOYING!!!) and we never said anything to make them think otherwise. I was annoyed with the very negative and pushy prying questions so I just let everyone think what they want. Very thankful for a supportive husband who went from not being sure he wanted ANY kids to just taking it a pregnancy at a time.

Last edited by jersey_gray; July 18th, 2014 at 03:44 PM.
July 18th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have three kids but this is my eighth pregnancy (recurrent miscarriage), that's why I said pregnancy at a time.
July 19th, 2014, 12:15 PM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
DH only wanted 2 but I really wanted 3.. I convinced him to have a "third and last" and he agreed, when he came along all was good for a year but then I realised I wanted more...convinced him to have number 4 after a couple of months *the last and final one* but if anyone asks us if we are going to have more we both laugh and say we are not sure, he was going to have a vasectomy but then decided not to, he is more game to have another then I am but youngest is now 17 months so you never know what the future holds. plus I am only 27 and I have said I will consider babies until 32.. probably will increase that age once I reach it

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (32)
together for 11 years married for 5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

Last edited by sarah*; July 19th, 2014 at 12:18 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search