#4 due in April!

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By petitchou
  • 1 Post By UrbanMomma
  • 1 Post By petitchou

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2014, 04:21 AM
Veteran
Hi everyone!

Just got my BFP yesterday. Our kids are 7, 5 and 2.5.

I am terrified. We were supposed to be done and I had just started looking forward to the 'post-baby' phase. I will be 38 when baby is born and I am so tired and overwhelmed all the time even without being pregnant. So many things going through my mind. I don't even want to think about college. And I can't wait until the comments start coming in - we told everyone we were done DH on the other hand is thrilled. He's always wanted 4. It's nice that he is so excited - I'm sure it's only a matter of time before my brain gets over the shock and catches up.

So that's me. 4 kids, here we come!
sarah* and Farmers-wife like this.
July 30th, 2014, 08:50 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Welcome! Every baby, IMO, is a blessing and meant to be. Congrats!!!

I am Jen, pregnant with #12 (edd 10-31). My boys are 19, 17, 15, 13, 7, 5, and 2. My girls are 11, 8, 4 and almost 1. I will be 41 when this baby is born (gasp!! LOL)
Jenilope likes this.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
July 30th, 2014, 09:20 AM
Mom to 8 amazing kids
Welcome!

I am the other Jen, mine are 23, 22, 22 (almost), 20, 13, 10, 7 (almost 8) and 4.

I was done at baby number 7, and pissed with baby number 8, but as Jen said they are all a blessing. Once the shock wears off you'll be fine
July 31st, 2014, 01:02 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats. I'm due with #10 in January, so it will be February.

As long as you act apologetic for having #4 people will be forgiving, but by god don't be happy about it or plan for 5 because that is unforgivable.

Why are you so tired and overwhelmed? What can we do to help?
July 31st, 2014, 06:52 AM
Veteran
Thanks for the welcome. Ds3 is my January turned February baby.

We considered #4 after ds3 was born. But I really didn't think another pregnancy was right for our family. I even told people that I'd love a fourth *kid* but didn't want to go through the 9 months and baby stage again. It's really hard on my hormones and mental state. So I've been focusing on all the positives of having 3 and playing up the overwhelming-ness of 4 in my mind. Until a few days ago. I have a bit of whiplash.

Farmers-wife - so many things! Lack of sleep is a big one. My youngest is still not sleeping through the night. DH and I are not in the best place and argue a lot. We've been talking about counseling for ages - guess it's time to actually do something about it. And I suffer from depression - I normally cope with it pretty well but I think it's been creeping back and causing a lot of negative feelings. Finances are always a worry. I've just signed on to teach music at a preschool for a few hours a week - baby is due a few weeks before their spring concert. And I feel I'm not organized enough for 4 - I'm barely on top of things as it is!

Having said all that - my heart knows that we will make it work. We haven't really told anyone yet and it's nice to have others to talk to that understand. I know that 4 is not a huge family - it just feels that way when you're on this side of it. Thanks for the support and listening to my rambling worries
July 31st, 2014, 07:37 AM
Farmers-wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry things are difficult. Depression and spousal disharmony are really hard. One day at a time and all that. Get some good counseling for you two. We are here to listen. Is there a reason 3 isn't sleeping through the night?
July 31st, 2014, 09:05 AM
Veteran
Other than sheer stubbornness?

We co-sleep and night weaned months ago. He just randomly wakes up every few hours asking to nurse. I offer him a drink of water and he goes back to sleep until about 5am. If we don't nurse at that point, we're up for the day so it just depends on how tired I am. My other two both slept fine as soon as they were night weaned and then we transitioned them to their own bed so I assumed it would be similar with this one. I may just have to try this the opposite way and transition him to his own bed (or with a sibling) and see if that helps.
MIL2lissy8 likes this.
August 1st, 2014, 10:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome here

And congrats on the pregnancy, I'm sure you will be excited once the shock wears off. One day at a time...
August 1st, 2014, 11:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! I have four as well, and it is really not much harder than three. You are already doing all the work now...the cooking, the cleaning, the diapers...it is not so hard to add one more to the fold.

I've also had one bad sleeper, so my sympathies there. Maybe you can your dh to help tuck him back in bed....
August 1st, 2014, 03:37 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Congrats on #4. I find that my kids sleep better when they are in a room other than mine, particularly when I'm still nursing and they are old enough. I don't really want my kids in my room after about a year, though. I swear that #5 would have NEVER slept through the night if I hadn't moved him with one of his sisters.

New picture in progress......
August 3rd, 2014, 01:01 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Welcome and congrats
August 3rd, 2014, 03:39 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
Welcome! Congratulations and best of luck with your worries, I look forward to getting to know you.

August 11th, 2014, 12:55 PM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
Welcome congratulations on #4 you will do just fine I am sure

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (32)
together for 11 years married for 5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search