How long do you wait to tell people your expecting?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2006, 09:10 AM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I usually do it pretty quick after I find out. The waiting and dread of hearing the negative comments is about as bad as hearing them. I like to tell and get it over with. Since we live away from our family I usually tell my mom and she informs the rest of the family. Plus, we're excited and like to tell our friends and the kids. And once the kids know they tell everyone because they too are excited about a new baby.
August 16th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Bakin8th's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi, I told everyone except both out parents in Feb this yr...and had a m/c shortly after I got pg again and had another early m/c in may. So this time I waited till betas come back and told friends and some family...We havnt told our folks we will wait till after first u/s at 12 weeks.

Irene Happy mom to 7
DS 16, DD 14, DD 12, DD 5, DS 4, DD 2, DS 10 months
#8 Edd April 2nd 2007
& 3 angels in heaven

Ttcing #9 After TWO 2nd trimester loss's and FIVE 1st trimester loss's. Missing our 8 ANGEL'S

IUI W/CLOMID/TRIGGER FEB 12/13 09!

Kyle (absent) Chelsea, Miki, Hanna, Johna, Sari, Jessiah and Isaiah.

THE LORD GIVES AND TAKES AWAY MY HEART WILL CHOOSE TO SAY BLESSED BE HIS WONDERFUL NAME!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our 8 Greatly missed Angels
12W, 6W, 6W, 9W 1 twin, 5W
17W twins (sex unkown) and "Elijah"
17W "Angel"
August 16th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I usually wait a couple of months. Less time I have to hear negativity.

August 17th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Stacey's Avatar Super Star...mom to 6 ♥
It depends...

With my first I didnt want anyone to know considering I was only 16...LOL..so me and dh tried to hid it but that didnt last long. Talk about negativity...man, I know I was young but I did get married and me and dh took care of our blessing!

When I had my second, I was 18...not many were happy about that one either. I was so scared to tell anyone even though I was married.

With my third, I was 28 and this baby was planned. It took a year to get pregnant so we were sooo excited. We found out the beginning of December and didnt tell anyhow until Christmas day. We made it a big surprise....This was the first time EVERYONE was thrilled for me and dh. It was such a nice feeling!

With my fourth I was 33 and found out Halloween morning...since I was heading down to my moms that day, we decided to tell right away however we did it in a special way. Everyone was pretty much excited.

August 20th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I tell my mom right away, and my in-laws shortly after. We share the news at 11-12 weeks for everyone else.
August 20th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Ukmum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Ukmum
Was straight away but i had 3 miscarriages so on the 4th pregnancy i waited till we were past 12wks

m/c 86, May 04, July 04, m/c Sep 04

http://www.facebook.com/Ukmum
August 21st, 2006, 12:11 PM
Willowkarr's Avatar Coupon Blogger
With my first I didn't tell anyone but my best friend and the baby's father until I was 3 months, and this is because I was 15 and didn't want my mom to force me to have an abortion (I now found out that she wouldn't have, but it terrified me). With my second child I told at 1 month, when I found out. Third child, as soon as we found out. I am 5 weeks pg with our 4th, and we have only told my mom. I have lost 4 pregnancies as well, but never got around to telling anyone while I was pregnant, but lots of people know about them.
August 22nd, 2006, 08:25 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
I usually wait to tell until it is quite obvious, I am a private person essentially and don't like everyone knowing my business and talking negatively about it. I have also had a miscarriage at 10 weeks and I hated having to tell people that I wasn' t pg anymore, it hurt.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 14, Xandria 12, Thayer 11, Alorah 9, Nathalia 7, Malayna 5, Sawyer 3 and Ryder 2
Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search