What Holidays Do you Celebrate?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2006, 02:26 PM
LadyBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Between Oct 1st & Jan 1st?

I want to include everyone

We Celebrate:

Halloween (no costumes usually but we do a carnival ect)

Thanksgiving

Christmas (we don't do santa)

&

New Years
September 6th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We celebrate thanksgiving, and dress up for halloween, and we definetly celebrate christmas. We have gifts at christmas time but we don't open them on Christmas day (we go to church) and we wanted to keep the excitement of the gifts seperate from the true meaning of christmas.

I love the time of year we are heading into.
September 6th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Stacey's Avatar Super Star...mom to 6 ♥
We celebrate Halloween and the girls dress up...The boys feel too old!

We celebrate Thanksgiving...Big Holiday with family and cousins and tons of food.

We celebrate Christmas....yes there is a Santa in this house! We open up gifts Christmas morning and then head out to my cousins were all my siblings and other cousins go and have a big dinner and gift exchange (kids only)

October 16th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Veteran
we do halloween dressup
Thanksgiving-Big turkey dinner but just the 7 of us
christmas- way to many presants but once again just the 7 of us
and new years
October 16th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Willowkarr's Avatar Coupon Blogger
Religious Holidays

Samhain - October 31
Yule - December 19-22

And the usual but non-religious

Halloween Trick-or-Treating
Thanksgiving
Christmas
October 17th, 2006, 06:55 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
I let the kids trick or treat, but I wouldn't say we 'celebrate' it.
Christmas, but we don't do santa, even though my kids get gifts, they just know they're from us.

Michael(17), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(9), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(3), Ronan(1)
October 17th, 2006, 07:43 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
Quote:
Religious Holidays

Samhain - October 31
Yule - December 19-22

And the usual but non-religious

Halloween Trick-or-Treating
Thanksgiving
Christmas[/b]
How do you celebrate Samhain and Yule? Do you include the kiddos in the ceremonies? I really don't have a set religion that I believe in fully I take bits and peices of quite a few different ones, but my kids always thank the goddess and the god when giving thanks for dinner, throws gramma and grampa a bit

We celebrate Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas there is a Santa here too. Some of the kids in Janessa class are telling her that there is no Santa so she asked me not to buy her any presents so that she could prove that just Santa was giving her presents. I explained that then she wouldn't have as much as the other kids so she decided against it

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 14, Xandria 12, Thayer 11, Alorah 9, Nathalia 7, Malayna 5, Sawyer 3 and Ryder 2
Make a pregnancy ticker

October 17th, 2006, 08:13 AM
coryletum's Avatar Veteran
We have a big party (with fancy dress) at the local Rugby club for Halloween, but don't do trick or treat. It isn't very popular where I live in the UK because it has just become an opportunity for gangs of teenagers to roam the streets terrorising folk, especially the elderly . I'm still annoyed about having red paint sprayed across my car two years ago - especially since I wasn't even in at the time!!!

Christmas is a big thing in our house, though - usually it is always spent with my parents, who live 3 hours away, but as there has been a falling-out between us since my littlest was born, I don't know what will happen this year But we usually try to attend midnight Mass every year.

New Year I can take it or leave it - it is much bigger north of the border in Scotland, but I think by the time it comes I am just worn out from Christmas, and want an early night lol!

We do have Santa - the older ones keep the magic going for the smaller ones, and we have the whole thing of the mince pie and sherry put out for santa, and a raw carrot and water for the reindeer. Somehow dh always seems to get the mince pie, and I end up chomping a carrot at 2am on Christmas morning....Hmm.

luv R xxx

PS Bea... - two of my children have just come back from Latvia; our scouts have a link with the Latvian Scouts. Dh (who is scout leader) was meant to go this year, but my due date fell right in the middle, so he diplomatically decided to stay at home...(and there is absolutely no truth in the rumours that I was gripping him tightly in an uncomfortable place when he made that decision. Well, almost no truth... )

(I have a very close and personal relationship with my washing machine.)
</span>

Proud member of ERFEFODTPTDGUSO!

October 17th, 2006, 08:20 AM
TheBooths1992's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to TheBooths1992 Send a message via MSN to TheBooths1992 Send a message via Yahoo to TheBooths1992
We celebrate Halloween,Thanksgiving,Christmas, & Easter. But my favorite holiday is Christmas , becasue it is a beautiful holiday but most of all it was when Jesus was born and we have learned to teach them the real meaning of christmas. We do give gifts but we don't do the santa thing except for the liter kids in the family.
October 17th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We do Halloween...it's usually dressing up and going to family, Thanksgiving with hubby's family, Christmas..we do have Santa..even though they no longer believe, they also know the Real reason for Christmas, and New Years..we usually go to my brother's. We celebrate his birthday too because he was a New Year's baby!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search