How much do you spend per kid

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 11th, 2006, 05:18 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
We usually spend around $250 on the older kiddos now and less on the younger ones. Then my mil spends around the same Now my oldest is saying she wants a karoke machine with cd's from me and then a video camera and digital camera from Santa . It's only going to get worse right
So what is the norm for your Christmas?

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 14, Xandria 12, Thayer 11, Alorah 9, Nathalia 7, Malayna 5, Sawyer 3 and Ryder 2
Make a pregnancy ticker

September 11th, 2006, 08:06 AM
Toban's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Before the twins we spent about $50 to $75 each - that's the "big" gift, the Santa gift and the stocking stuffers. It will likely be the same for the girls this year, but less for the babies.
September 11th, 2006, 12:37 PM
LadyBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
too much lol

and yes the more techie the toys geth the worse it gets
September 11th, 2006, 07:39 PM
Stacey's Avatar Super Star...mom to 6 ♥
We dont really spend a certain amount on each kid...however we try to get the older boys the same amount of gifts and the girls get wayyy more but thats only because they are younger and we can get cheaper things for them! I usually spent between 1500.00 to 2000.00 on my 4 kids, thats combined of course...CRAZY

September 11th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
we don't go crazy with gifts at Christmas time (or for birthdays for that matter). Each child gets 3 gifts. Last year I spend I think about $300 on all five of them. We were in a nasty financial situation, but even if that had not been the case I don't think I would have spend that much more, I don't intend to spend too much more than that this year.
September 12th, 2006, 06:37 AM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We don't have a set amount that we spend on each child. They are allowed to pick out a couple of things that they want. Usually one larger item & a couple of smaller ones. They have bikes & a trampoline & a cubby house, so they don't need any really big items.

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
September 12th, 2006, 07:28 AM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have a certain amount either. I try to get them the same number and try to make sure they all get a big box. I don't want one to get a lot of little boxes while another gets large things. I don't worry about that so much with my older two, as long as I know that I've gotten them something they really wanted. I don't worry about that with the baby, because they don't notice the amount or size. But the smaller ones that do notice, I try to be real careful to try and keep it balanced.
September 13th, 2006, 11:28 AM
~* LiSa *~
Great advice Mommy x 7!

I found with large families, it is best to keep things balanced. Our tradition is to buy each child a "Santa" gift, that is unwrapped and assembled and put in front of the Xmas tree for Xmas morning. That gift is generally the most expensive one, the one they asked for from Santa. Then we like to get them each 20-25 smaller things, such as clothing, jewelry, board games, games for the Sony PSP, Nintendo DS and Gameboy Advance, etc. I know 20-25 each sounds like a lot since we have 5 children, but it works for us. We spend roughly $1500 per Xmas on gifts for the kids. Although last year I found that Mervyn's has GREAT sales on children's clothing during Xmas time...I went hay-wire there and saved myself a bundle!
September 13th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We usually spend $100-$150 on the 5 older kids, about $75-$100 on the younger kids and $50-$75 on the 2 youngest.

Brenda(43)wife to Henry(48)~ Mother to Nicky(23), Bradley(21),Randy(19),Cody(17),Dusty(16),
Chrissy(12), Jeremy(10),Destiny(7),Joey(5),Kailey(3),
Zackery(2)& Due 9/1/2011 w/#12! Grandma to
Brandon(2)& Abigail born 8/12/11!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search