When have your kids embarrassed you?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2006, 04:08 PM
~* LiSa *~
Off the top of my head, I can say my daughter embarrassed me the most when we were at the mall. She was roughly 2 years old at the time, and she insisted that she saw Santa. (mind you, this was in February)

I insisted that she could not have seen Santa...but she was being very persistant on it. So I told her to show me and sure enough, in the store next to us was a man wearing a red sweat suit. He was overweight, just like Santa, and had a beard on his chin, just like Santa. So I can see how she would think he was Santa.

I ended up telling her that it was not Santa, but it was a man who looks like Santa. She began to cry, as if I just turned her world upside down. So now I have the attention of everyone in the middle of the mall, but to make it worse...the man left the store and began walking away. Well my daughter wasn't having it. She began chasing the man, yelling "SANTA! SANTA! I WANT YOU SANTA!" - all while she is crying! Then there's me, chasing right behind her, saying "That's NOT Santa!"

Absolutely everyone in the mall was watching us and I was so embarrassed! I didn't know whether to be more embarrassed for myself, or that poor man! He pretended to not hear what was going on, but I know he knew. I think he just wanted to get out of there, because all eyes were on him too.

I feel bad just thinking about it! My daugher is 10 now, I wonder if she will even remember it! I sure do!
September 15th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Ukmum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Ukmum
Sophie embarresed me yesterday by sitting on a babies head at toddler group. The mother had the baby lying on the floor so Sophie went and sat on him.

m/c 86, May 04, July 04, m/c Sep 04

http://www.facebook.com/Ukmum
September 15th, 2006, 06:31 PM
LadyBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh my gosh tons of times

its so funny when its over but when it happens i just wanna hide
September 15th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Stacey's Avatar Super Star...mom to 6 ♥
Hee hee...too funny!

Im sure I have a few stories of my own, however its late at night and Im shutting down ~yawn~....my mind stopped working...LOL

September 16th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
lol this is a horribly embarassing story, it was a couple of years ago when my son was potty training and we were invited to a birthday party at this kinda romper room type thing and there were 3 seperate rooms but all were kid safe and open Well it was cake time and I was getting the kiddos situated with the cake when I realized Thayer wasn't around so I went to look for him and smelled this poopie smell and looked in one of the rooms and he had made a number 2 deposit right in the middle of the floor I'm talking a HUGE pile of crap. But I don't see him at first he was hiding behind one of the chairs with his pants still around his ankles getting more poo on the walls. I about it now but boy was my face red. After that I made sure he knew where the potty was whenever we were in a new place.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 14, Xandria 12, Thayer 11, Alorah 9, Nathalia 7, Malayna 5, Sawyer 3 and Ryder 2
Make a pregnancy ticker

September 16th, 2006, 10:12 AM
~* LiSa *~
Quote:
lol this is a horribly embarassing story, it was a couple of years ago when my son was potty training and we were invited to a birthday party at this kinda romper room type thing and there were 3 seperate rooms but all were kid safe and open Well it was cake time and I was getting the kiddos situated with the cake when I realized Thayer wasn't around so I went to look for him and smelled this poopie smell and looked in one of the rooms and he had made a number 2 deposit right in the middle of the floor I'm talking a HUGE pile of crap. But I don't see him at first he was hiding behind one of the chairs with his pants still around his ankles getting more poo on the walls. I about it now but boy was my face red. After that I made sure he knew where the potty was whenever we were in a new place.[/b]
OMGosh Kristina! Thankfully I could only imagine your state of embarrassment! You can look at the bright side though, your potty training was semi-successful...he didn't go in his pants!
September 17th, 2006, 06:08 PM
fullhouseinNov06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh sooo many times, but one particular time stands out in my mind....

We were at the house of our landlady (an 86 yo, strong Christian woman), my kids were sitting there while we were visiting with her, being on their best behavior. They all really wanted to leave, we were there sooo long, and you know old ladies houses don't have anything FUN to do. Our youngest dd at the time was sitting on my husbands lap, she was 3 1/2 or 4 at the time. All of a sudden she blurts out.... "My mom & dad watch Adult movies!" My face turns I'm sure 50 shades of red, and the lady just brushed it off. At the time when hubby & I had a movie to watch, that was PG13 or R, she always said she wanted to stay up and watch it. Told us she was big enough, and wouldn't get scared. We would just simply tell her that she couldn't, and needed to go to bed, because it was only for adults to watch. Our words kinda backfired. lol

Cheryl

September 17th, 2006, 06:47 PM
~* LiSa *~
LOL - OMGosh how embarrassing! It's almost worth it to 'not' explain yourself and just let it be. LOL

My daughter told a woman at the doctors office that I cut her hair and it had black things in it. The lady replied with "My daughters had lice too and I had to do the same thing!" I was so embarrassed! I explained to the lady that it was her very first haircut and I wanted to keep her tail of hair, so I put small black ponytails on both ends to keep the hair straight. But man I was embarrassed! LOL
September 21st, 2006, 08:05 AM
One of my most embarrassing moments was about 12 months ago, in a bank of all places. We took our number and sat down in the waiting area to be called, it was late in the afternoon and absolutely packed with people. I had 3 of the 5 with me, and I wasn't really taking much notice of what the kids were doing they were just sitting quietly together - when DS 1 informed me that DD2 was "picking her ring" - at the top of his voice. I assured him that I was sure that she wouldn't be doing that and would he mind keeping his voice down! Only to hear DD2 say to DS2 "smell my finger, I've been picking my bum" - she repeated this three times getting more insistant each time that he smell her finger! By this stage we had every person in the bank looking at us in disgust! I just wanted to die! And of course she found it hilariously funny! It is a day I will never forget.
September 21st, 2006, 07:26 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
It takes a lot to embarrass me. I'm sure it's happened, but I'm having a hard time thinking of anything.

Michael(17), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(9), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(3), Ronan(1)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search