Vacations

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2006, 07:22 AM
LadyBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you take them?

Where do you go?

How do you plan them?

Do you take them? yes

Where do you go? usually to see family

How do you plan them? we are fly by our pants about them

But we are planning one next year and I need to plan it better and financially plan for it so i could use some tips.We live at the beach so we are thinking the mountains and in fall to see the fall leaves.
September 16th, 2006, 09:19 AM
Stacey's Avatar Super Star...mom to 6 ♥
Ohhh Dawn thats got to be a vacation everyday for you living at the beach....Maybe I should stay at *your* resort next time I plan something. My sister and her family just got back from NC a few weeks ago. They loved it.....and the water, omgosh Chrystal Clear from what they said and from what the pictures showed...BEAUTIFUL!
_______________________________________________--

Do you take them?
We would love to take one every year if money wasnt so tight! I have been married 18 years and have only went on vacation 3 times.

Where do you go?

We went to New Jersay twice:

Wildwood and Point Pleasant

And then to Ulster County in NY where we went to:

The Rocking Horse Dude Ranch

How do you plan them?

It depends on how much taxes we get back that year and how much bills I have to pay with it...If I have money left we take a vacation...not much planning which is why we dont go away much!

September 16th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
Dawn we have a beauty fall foliage here come see I'm with Stacey on coming to stay at your resort

We usually go camping at least 2 x's a year and usually a long weekend vacation somewhere this year we didn't get to the long weekend vaca.

We have gone to the beach in NewHampshire and Northern Mass and we went to Northern New Hampshire to two amusement parks. We might hit Maine next year and I really want to go visit my friend in Colorado but dh doesn't want me to go alone and it would be too long of a trip for him to go with us. We pretty much plan our trips like the week before. We would like to buy a smaller tag along camper next year if no other big purchases come up.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

September 16th, 2006, 10:01 AM
~* LiSa *~
Do you take them? Yes, we take them all throughout the year, averaging 5-6 per year.

Where do you go? To the mountains! There is so much to do in the mountains...water rafting, camping, lakes, hiking, horseback riding, caverns, caves, gold mines, historical spots... I could go on! We frequent Pinecrest Lake, Columbia (the city) and Lake Tahoe during the summer and Camp Connell during the winter for sledding and tubing down the slopes. When the kids get older we'll try snowboarding and skiing!

How do you plan them? I usually plan it the month before, unless if we're going to Lake Tahoe, then I plan it a year in advance so I can reserve the cabin. All other places we just rent a room since the kids are still young and scared of sleeping in tents. Since our vacations usually only last 3-7 days and the farthest we travel is 300 miles, not much planning is needed. We are taking the kids to Disneyland in February...so that one I will really need to plan! I'm not too familiar with southern California! Just the good ole' Northern California mountains!
September 16th, 2006, 08:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
In previous years, we have only camped close to home, (so dh can go home to do chores) and so that whoever is the youngest can be at my mom's for some of the time too. We do that twice in the summer. This year we went to the mountains too, away from home and it was fantastic, we all can't wait to go again. I love the place we went, because they had a hot tub and a pool, and a craft hour for the kids and a theater at night, so for $30 a night all your entertainment is included, which is definetly the way to go for a larger family.
My kids are pretty happy to go camping with all their friends, and really don't care that it's not far. It sure is nice to go with just our own kids though.
As far as travelling far for very long, it's just not going to happen. On top the actual expense of the vacation, we also have to spend at least $100 a day to keep things running at home, so it just gets to be too much.
September 17th, 2006, 10:20 AM
It is like a vacation!That is why we moved here Its a tiny Village that makes one big loop on a peninsula.

It would be so cool to have you guys here & Kristina i would love to come to Vt Dh is wanting to visit PA too where he grew up.If we go there we will be near both of you

edit:Once the tourist disappear I am going to take some local pix for you guys!!
September 17th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Quote:
It is like a vacation!That is why we moved here Its a tiny Village that makes one big loop on a peninsula.

It would be so cool to have you guys here & Kristina i would love to come to Vt Dh is wanting to visit PA too where he grew up.If we go there we will be near both of you

edit:Once the tourist disappear I am going to take some local pix for you guys!![/b]

That would be great if you did come this way....We could both meet up!!! Too cool!

Yea, take pictures girl...like I said, the pictures my sister had were AWESOME! Whats the cost of living in NC anyhow? This is actually where dh wants to move to.

September 17th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Quote:

edit:Once the tourist disappear I am going to take some local pix for you guys!![/b]

That would be great if you did come this way....We could both meet up!!! Too cool!

Yea, take pictures girl...like I said, the pictures my sister had were AWESOME! Whats the cost of living in NC anyhow? This is actually where dh wants to move to.
[/b]
here is a calculator to show the cost of living difference

http://cgi.money.cnn.com/tools/costoflivin....html?step=form

Raleigh is in the middle big capital city

Wilmington is near me
September 18th, 2006, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]
here is a calculator to show the cost of living difference

http://cgi.money.cnn.com/tools/costoflivin....html?step=form

Raleigh is in the middle big capital city

Wilmington is near me
[/b]
Omgosh why arent I moving.....here is what it says:

This is to Wilmington

Groceries will cost: 2.14% less
Housing will cost: 35.748% less
Utilities will cost: 24.895% less
Transportation will cost: 9.893% less
Healthcare will cost: 0.546% less

This is Raleigh

Groceries will cost: 1.484% less
Housing will cost: 41.546% less
Utilities will cost: 20.491% less
Transportation will cost: 13.061% less
Healthcare will cost: 2.204% more

WOW

September 21st, 2006, 03:25 AM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
I've never had a vacation!!

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search