kids birthdays

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am just curious to know what you all do for your kids' birthdays? How many guest do you have over, and what do you do for food? Do you ever combine parties if the kids have their birthdays really close together?

My oldest and husband have birthdays 2 days apart, so she has her friends over and then we have our family over sometime during those days.
Julia and her sister have birthdays 4 days apart, so I plan on having the family over once at some point, and have thier individual parties on the day. Usually when I have our families over I just make snacks, like a fruit tray and a veggie tray and chips and a few other things (like wings and cheese and crackers and the like).

Oh, and the other thing I am curious about, what do you give your baby gift wise for their first birthday? We don't need more baby toys around here that's for sure, and they always still get some from relatives, so I don't really give toys. Actually, I don't do a whole lot of gifts since they don't really know. I bought Julia a bear, and some books and will probably just buy an outfit.
September 19th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
All I got Beth for her birthday was a new Elmo book and they I paid for the party decorations and all that. She got some clothes and toys from other relatives. My kids are still really little so I haven't decided what to do for birthdays - I don't think we will have a big party every year though b/c I was suprised at how much it cost for Beth's party last year. We are thinking about just letting them have a big party every other year and just doing a small family party on the off years. Or else just letting them have a few friends over each year. I wish my kids had summer birthdays so I could just move the party outside.
September 19th, 2006, 01:34 PM
LadyBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I am just curious to know what you all do for your kids' birthdays? How many guest do you have over, and what do you do for food? Do you ever combine parties if the kids have their birthdays really close together?

My oldest and husband have birthdays 2 days apart, so she has her friends over and then we have our family over sometime during those days.
Julia and her sister have birthdays 4 days apart, so I plan on having the family over once at some point, and have thier individual parties on the day. Usually when I have our families over I just make snacks, like a fruit tray and a veggie tray and chips and a few other things (like wings and cheese and crackers and the like).

Oh, and the other thing I am curious about, what do you give your baby gift wise for their first birthday? We don't need more baby toys around here that's for sure, and they always still get some from relatives, so I don't really give toys. Actually, I don't do a whole lot of gifts since they don't really know. I bought Julia a bear, and some books and will probably just buy an outfit.[/b]
My oldest 2 have a birthday the same week so we do a joint party & depending we invite 16-24 people but it is for 2 kids soooo They get a cake,their special dinner,& the gifts from us on their real birthday.

the other kids we usually have 8-12 people

I do bbqs & trays.We do at least 3 games w/prizes & usually play music.

1st birthdays are HUGE....50 plus people however my family chips in on this since we only give 1 baby shower this makes up for that

I am kind of starting over since there are 7 years between my youngest 2 so I bought toys.BUT when I had 3 in 4 years I bought clothes for their 1st birthday
September 19th, 2006, 11:59 PM
~* LiSa *~
4 out of 5 of my kids are summer babies. Since we're a blended family, there are multiple parties for each kid. We usually do Chuck E Cheese the day of the birthday, with just immediate family members. Then we do a theme park visit (Great America, which is the same as Magic Mountain) during the week of the birthday, Plus we have a small party at my in-laws PLUS they each have a party at their "other" parents house. They can't complain, they love it!
September 21st, 2006, 03:21 AM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
Luckily ... none of my kids have birthdays THAT close. We have Feb, April, October, and December now .... and will add January in there. However my oldest is the December baby and my youngest will have the January birthday (I hope!) ...so they'll stay very seperate even if there are only a couple weeks in between.

For 1st birthdays.... (and 2nd-kindergarten bdays) we just have my parents, hubby's parents, and hubby grandparents over. We eat, open presents, have some cake etc. Once they hit school age, we've done "class parties" now.

For 1st bdays... I usually buy clothes cuz we have SOOO many toys however I've fallen in love with the Fisher Price IncrediBlock and am considering buying that for Joshua next month.

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search