Rude Comments

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2006, 07:51 AM
LadyBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What are some rude comments you recieved when telling people you were pregnant or ttc?

How did you respond?
October 3rd, 2006, 03:28 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The rudest one was when I told one lady that we were expecting our 5th or 6th and she said we were going to have so many kids that one day when I had one my uterus was just going to come right out! I was totally speechless. It was a lady at church and I could not believe she was saying this to me.

Another that bothered me was when I told my mom about this pregnancy, she asked me "why would you want another one? You have enough." It stuck a nerve, she was acting like I was telling her we were getting a new car or phone or something. It was my mom and I already knew she wouldn't be thrilled at first but would come around and be excited before long, so I just tried to explain again how we felt about having kids.
October 3rd, 2006, 04:46 PM
Stacey's Avatar Super Star...mom to 6 ♥
The worst comment I have ever heard was *ARE YOU KEEPING IT*...***......I of course said yes but was speechless after that. That was a huge blow!!!!

October 4th, 2006, 08:57 PM
~* LiSa *~
My male best friend of 21 years told me "get rid of that ###### thing!" when I told him I was PG. I ended up losing the baby at 16.5 weeks from Placental Abruption, and the sorrow I felt was unbelievable! I felt like nobody was supportive of my pregnancy and then to lose the baby, and hear everyone tell me "See, it wasn't meant to be..." only made it worse. I ended up not telling anyone about the pregnancy after that and when they saw me waddling around and asked if I was PG, I told them yes, but since their words hurt me, I chose to not tell them. Everyone, absolutely everyone, supported that pregnancy from the moment I told them. I believe guilt from what they said about the baby I lost made them this way.

Another hurtful comment was of a close cousin of mine, who told my sister "I hope she doesn't think she can have another baby just because she got married again!" That really hurt me. So I know she is unsupportive of me having another baby! But too bad, my DH and I want a child together and we will go for it!
October 4th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I guess what ticked me off the most was what my 7 yr old niece said(last preg)...'What are you going to do with Another one?!' Didn't sit well with me not only because she said it, but because I know it was being said by her daddy..my brother. I told her..the same thing I do with the others.

October 5th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
By far the rudest thing ever said to me was "what? all you do is F--- all the time?" said by our neighbors son, and I believe he'd had a few beers at that point, but it was so crude. (he was 30 and still living wiht his parents if that tells you anything) And that was when I was pregnant with my third.
I can't really think of anything else that stands out, rude comments to us stem more from us having all girls and people saying stupid stuff about that rather than the amount of children we have.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search