What are some things you have let go

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2006, 05:09 PM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
I know that the more kids I have the more I have to pick my battles.

With my first born my house was always clean I was working full time and going to college. After my second I only took one class a semester and was working very part time. After the third school was out and I only work when we really need the money.

What are some things that you have let go for a larger family?

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

October 7th, 2006, 05:29 PM
LadyBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
  • My house isn't always spotless
  • I don't buy alot of things for myself
  • I don't drive a new car
  • I don't paint or sew as much as I want to but I do try to get some time to do both
  • I am sure there is more so I will add later
October 7th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Veteran
My laundry is never caught up and i cant remember what having a spotless house was like.
October 7th, 2006, 08:18 PM
Stacey's Avatar Super Star...mom to 6 ♥
My house is pretty much clean but as for dusting and vaccuming every day...nope that has gone out the window!

As for buying stuff for me and dh...that has been long gone. Now its all about buying stuff for the kids.

Spending time with dh....with the cost of living sooo freaking high, dh has been working crazy long hours and now his days off..so I rarely see him!

October 8th, 2006, 03:49 PM
~* LiSa *~
~ I used to splurge on myself, buying high end items. Now I look for the best deal. (although one thing I won't budge on is my MAC Cosmetics, my DH shreeks each time the total is rang up!)

~ I always had new clothes for myself. Now I wear my sister in laws hand me downs or whatever I find on clearance racks that suite me.

~ School. I wanted to go back to school when my youngest was in kindergarten, but I always ended up getting PG before that time came... all three times!

~ May have to downgrade to a part time job if we have another child. The cost of childcare for a newborn here is far too expensive, so working full-time would mean I'm working for childcare. That in turn means less money for the family.
October 8th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
When dh and I started farming (and even before that in our first year of marriage), we were super poor, so we are actually doing better financially now (after 11 years) with 5 kids than we were back then with no children.

As far as keeping up the house, now that we are in our new house, I find it much easier to keep up than when I was in a much smaller house with less children, because there is room for everything.

I guess the only thing I don't have is time for hobbies, (scrapbooking, crosstiching, reading), but I figure one day I will have plenty of time for those things.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search