need some help guys

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2006, 08:29 AM
momoftwinsand1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
how did you guys tell people without getting defensive???? I know everyone thought we were done with John and are gonna be shocked when they find out we are pregant again. I am trying to prepare myself the best I can but I want a way to tell people that they will know how excited and this is something that we want.
John Allen 4-4-06, VBAC 6 pounds 2 ounces 19 inches long
Paige Belle 5-21-07, VBAC 5 pounds 9 ounces 17 inches
Ava Marie 2-28-09, VBAC 5 pounds 10 ounces,16 1/2 inches
Jackson Douglas 2-13-13, VBAC 6 pounds 5 ounces, 19 inches
October 10th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Maybe something like this..We have some happy news to share, our newest addition will be here ..insert due date. I always hated that part too. I got to where I'd just ask my mom if she was ready to be a grandma again. That's what hubby did to his and she thought one of our critters was pregnant!

October 10th, 2006, 02:55 PM
LadyBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just tell them with all the excitement i feel and if they aren't happy for me I just share the details/updates with the people who are happy for me
October 10th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Stacey's Avatar Super Star...mom to 6 ♥
With Justin I really didnt want my parents to know...I was 16 so I knew it wasnt going to be pretty...and it wasnt....

With Alex, I was still young, 18 and even though I was married and out of the house, I was still afraid to tell people. I didnt want to hear all the negative stuff from people. I remember telling my mom, sister and cousin. I was sitting on the counter and my cousin just said...YOUR PREGNANT and I just smiled and said yea...The look was shocking from them.

With Amber-Rae, I wanted it to be super special...she was planned and I was much older (28) Our families spend Christmas day together so what we did was make a card for my sister that said *How would you like to be* and then you opened it up and there was an embyo that said *my Godmother*....It went off sooo well! She was super excited and cried. No one knew why she was crying and the card got passed down and everyone that read it got super excited...it was really nice and I got it all on video.

With Alyssa, I was selling Avon at the time and my mom had ordered stuff. It was Halloween morning when I found out I was preggo and I was going to her house that day like I normally do every year. Well I slipped my preggo test inside her bag. It took her a half hour before she finally opened her bag and was pulling out her things. When she came to the test she was like...whats this do...then she looked at it closer and was surprised.....Then as the rest of the family and cousins were coming to the house she passed the bag around to show them...LOL

I think if you do it in a surprising way then maybe the look of *dread* wont be on their faces. Although who gives a rats behind what everyone else is going to say...WERE HAPPY FOR YOU GIRL!!!!

October 10th, 2006, 08:39 PM
~* LiSa *~
I think if you go into this feeling unconfident, then they will have more to say about it. But if you go in there, happy and confident that this is what you and your DH want and planned, then they might not say too much. I don't know, just a thought!
October 11th, 2006, 06:48 AM
LadyBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh i like the avon bag thing.......maybe do a trick or treat bag?or hold off till thanksgiving and add the test to the centerpeice/flower arrangement
October 13th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Stacey's Avatar Super Star...mom to 6 ♥
Quote:
oh i like the avon bag thing.......maybe do a trick or treat bag?or hold off till thanksgiving and add the test to the centerpeice/flower arrangement [/b]
Ohhh yea the trick our treat bag would be awesome!!!!

Did you figure out a way to tell them or have you already done so?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search