school trip

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2006, 06:55 AM
Veteran
michael bought home a letter last week about a field trip for 4th and 5th graders with excellant behavior to go on a 3 day trip to Boston this spring. It stated that a law office has offered to sponser the students to keep prices low and they will be going to a zoo,on a 90 minute whale watch,to a red sox game and to different sites on the freedom trail. It asked for us to send the letter back by next friday with a 50 deposit if our child can go and a 50 deposit for your self if you will chaperone.The remaining 395.00 each has to be paid by january 1st.Excuse me but that doesnt seem like keeping prices low to me.This is a school where 80 percent are on free lunch.I think this is ridiculas.That is almost 800 for myself and my son cause theres no way i would let him go alone.They did say we could come in and talk to her about a fundraiser like selling cookie dough to help with the cost but that would be a heck of alot of cookie dough.I know it would be a great oppertunity but i am going to have to think on it.I can plan a trip for the whole family to somewhere for that amount of cash.
October 16th, 2006, 06:59 AM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, that's expensive!

October 16th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
WOW that does seem expensive but fun. Good luck in your descision, thats a tough one.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

October 16th, 2006, 10:27 AM
LadyBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow

it sounds fun but i wouldn't let mine go alone either.

cookie dough isn't a big seller a fund raiser would be great but you need something like candy bars or m&ms that sells better.

Tough Call!Good Luck whatever you guys decide.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search