I need YOUR advice

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Maddies_Mommy22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Maddies_Mommy22
Hey Ladies, I'm April and have been around JM for a couple of years although things have slowed down alot lately.

Let me tell you my situation, I'm really just looking for advice.

I have a 4 year old (she'll turn 4 in December) and Brody who will turn 2 March 23rd. I so desperately want to have another baby but I struggle day after day thinking of how I will divide up my time between three when it's already so hard with just 2. Neither of my kids are in preschool or daycare right now.. and I just struggle on what to do, if I can do it, and if they'll still get the affection and love they need and deserve a piece if we had another baby. I wanted to see if anyone else has felt this way and if you have any advice for myself or not..........

Any advice will be greatly appreciated and I will keep ya'll updated on our decision afterwards

Thank you for helping!!!!!!!

April

~Hoping for a Baby Boy!~
October 21st, 2006, 10:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I find that when you're in it, you don't know any different so you just manage. Things are quite hectic when your baby is just new, but once they settle into a routine then it's not so bad. It's hard for anyone to tell you what will work for you though, I love having a big family, but it's definetly not for everyone.

I think we all question from time to time if we are doing a good job as moms. But I really don't feel like my kids feel neglected because the attention has to be divided between 5 of them.
October 26th, 2006, 12:06 PM
Willowkarr's Avatar Coupon Blogger
Your heart grows with each child, you will NOT run out of love, no way, no how, not a chance! You are here, we know you WANT another one...how does your DH feel about it, if he wants another, I say GO FOR IT! What is one more mouth to feed? It really isn't much of a diference...after the second, it actually gets easier...
October 27th, 2006, 07:08 AM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Neither of my kids are in preschool or daycare right now.. and I just struggle on what to do, if I can do it, and if they'll still get the affection and love they need and deserve a piece if we had another baby.[/b]
None of mine have ever been in daycare & up until recently I've always had at least 2 at home. As for coping or giving everyone equal attention, it's like everyone else has said, you just do it automatically. It's not something you think about consciously.

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search