Ok Pros...

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2006, 08:45 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So this is #4, and my Mom is constantly reminding me how fourth labours are usually the worst. Your first is long and hard cuz it's your first, the second is faster, the third is faster, and then they start to get long again after that (with #4 being the worst). LOL

So break it down for me - those who had all vaginal deliveries....how long/hard were your labours, especially #4?
October 26th, 2006, 12:16 AM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
I'm sorry, I'm one of those..... my 4th was my longest (22 hours) and the most painful

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
October 26th, 2006, 01:55 AM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Righty-O

My first was 11 hours & was probably the easiest all round.

2nd & 3rd were 9 1/2 & 8 3/4 hours respectively & were harder than my first

4th was 13 hours long, but a reasonably easy labour & delivery

All 4 of mine were natural (though I did have pethidine with the first,) everyone convinced me that 4th babies are late & wouldn't you know he was 10 days late GRRRR!

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
October 26th, 2006, 05:01 AM
Veteran
My 4th was the worst.I ended up with a c-section with him.Then my epidural wouldnt take right so after 9 tries they had to knock me out.
October 26th, 2006, 06:27 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
my first was 24 hours
my second was 8 hours but the hardest delivery and labor
my third was around 8 hours
my fourth was around 7 hours this labor was actually fairly easy
my fifth labor was the easiest by far When I went to the hospital I thought that they were going to send me home because the contractions didn't really hurt, they checked me and I was 7 centimeters

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

October 26th, 2006, 06:53 AM
LadyBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My 4th was pretty average for me
October 26th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My longest(and hardest) labor was #2. I had one shot of demerol for 1 and 2 apiece and no drugs for the last 3. #4 wasn't bad.

October 26th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My 5th was the absolute worst because of the way the induction went.

I can't really count my 4th labor, because I was induced at 33 weeks and had an epidural. (my only one out of the 5).
October 27th, 2006, 07:25 AM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
When I went to the hospital I thought that they were going to send me home because the contractions didn't really hurt, they checked me and I was 7 centimeters[/b]
With no.3 the Midwife tried to send me home when I arrived at the hospital because she didn't believe I was in labour (mind you home was an hours drive away.) She was ademant that it was only Braxton Hicks & that I should go home until real labour starts.
I managed to convince the other mid to give me an internal & I was 5-7cms... Don't think going home (being a 2 hour round trip,) would have been a very smart idea!

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
October 28th, 2006, 10:44 AM
momoftwinsand1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My 4th was by far my easiest delivery and recovery time. My 1st was a c section with twins. My 2nd was a vaginal with no meds, defintley my hardest only 4 hours of labor. My 4th was epidural vaginal, 11 hours but easy,easy, easy!
John Allen 4-4-06, VBAC 6 pounds 2 ounces 19 inches long
Paige Belle 5-21-07, VBAC 5 pounds 9 ounces 17 inches
Ava Marie 2-28-09, VBAC 5 pounds 10 ounces,16 1/2 inches
Jackson Douglas 2-13-13, VBAC 6 pounds 5 ounces, 19 inches
October 29th, 2006, 10:04 AM
crunchymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had 4 natural births, my first I had a dose of stadol but the others were unmedicated. My second labor was the worst but only 4 hours, my third was born in less than 2 hours and was probally the easiest and then KAe was about 2.5 hours and almost if not just as easy.

Weird thing is my second was the smallest one 7lbs 19 inches and she hurt the worst coming out.
October 29th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My 2nd was the longest and probably the hardest. My 5th was bad too. The epi didn't work right and her heart rate kept dropping so I was stuck on my side and the anestesiaologist kept telling me my epi WAS working ok and was giving me an attitude about it, but my nurse and doc believed me and finally set her straight about the attitude. My 4th was ok, I had to push a long time but that was because she was 10lbs 8 oz so it took a lot of work to get her out! My 3rd was the best- labor went well and pushing was short and easy.
October 30th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Stacey's Avatar Super Star...mom to 6 ♥
My first I walked into the hospital at 8cm. My doctor didnt get to deliver me becuase she didnt think I would go so fast. I had him 3 hours if that.

My second one I went into preterm labor (34 weeks) I also had him withing a few hours.

My third was just as easy...I had her within 3 hours.

My fourth I was induced which made it a bit more longer. I had her within 4 hours after they started the pitocin.

I had NO medication with any of my kids and my labors were pain free until the pushing stages. I would watch the monitor go up during every contraction and just get a feeling like the braxton hicks (tightening of the belly)

November 1st, 2006, 10:38 AM
coryletum's Avatar Veteran
Oo-er - this is going to test my memory!
My first was horrible; an induced labour that was really messed up; eneded up giving birth in the ward, not the delivery room, and having 27 stitches

2nd was relatively straightforward - about 8 hours strong labour.

3rd was a compete oddity; waters broke and then everything started - then stopped - then started - then (yep, you've guessed it!) stopped again... they were trying to send dh home because they said nothing would happen until the next day, but he refused and laid out on the bed (can't take him anywhere...!) He was right though - she was born at 3am that night.

4th was pretty straightforward though - about 5 hours labour - apart from the cord being wrapped several times around little one's neck ( boy, was he blue! Scary stuff...)

5th was painful but straightforward

6th was a good labour, but it was a bit of a surprise that baby was 10lb 2oz..

7th was a bit of a mess - labour was progressing normally until suddenly the waters burst and they were full of meconium...my daughter shot through straight after and the midwife had to catch her before she hit the ground )I was leaning against the bed at the time...)

8th was an induction which went seriously wrong - the umbilical cord prolapsed and I was rushed to theatre with a midwife holding her fingers and thumb around the cord inside the cervix to stop it being compressed and my baby starving hersle fof oxygen and dying - they had her out (with a general anaesthetic) within 14 minutes. pretty good work on their part (although I don't think the midwife recovered feeling in her hand for days!!)

9th was as perfect a birth as i could have hoped for - quick (2nd stage was less than a minute; basically one sneeze and he was out.)

10th was horrible - nearly 15 hours of painful labour, with everyone becoming increasingly desparate about how to progress it until he suddenly decided to rush through and was born whilst I was on my side - my right hip and pelvs is still damaged from the birth position, sadly.....

I am a firm advocate of the t5heory that every birth has the potential to be completely different from any of the ones beforehand - and have now learnt to expect the unexpected!!

I really hope you have the birth you hope for, hun!

luv Rodena xxx

(I have a very close and personal relationship with my washing machine.)
</span>

Proud member of ERFEFODTPTDGUSO!

November 1st, 2006, 04:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
1 - labor was about 3 hours. I had him 30 minutes after getting to the hospital. No drugs.

2 - labor was on and off for 12 hours or so. I thought I would feel something and it would stop for a few hours. In fact, everything stopped for about 3 hours so we had given up and left for ice cream. About 5 minutes after I got into the car it all started again but this time it was non-stop. We went straight to the hospital and I had her 1 hour and 45 minutes later. No drugs.

3 - labor was just under 2 hours. No drugs.

4 - I felt a contraction at 3am. Went to the hospital, had an epidural because Dr's wanted to keep my bp low (it had gone up with the others) and I laughed her out at 9am. No joke. No pushing at all. The nurse said, "Don't push because she's right there." when she checked me and I laughed because I didn't believe her since I couldn't feel anything. She laughed because me laughing made baby's head come down more. I laughed more because she was laughing. DH started laughing. Dr came in and nurse told him why we were all laughing in between telling me to quit laughing. The Dr started laughing. I laughed more and the Dr had just enough time to put on his gloves and catch her ...as we all laughed. It was great! LOL!

5 - my only induction. labor was 1 hour and 37 minutes after my water was broke while dilated to 3. Had an epidural 5 minutes before he was born so it didn't take until he was already out.

6 - labor was about 45 minutes. I had ONE major contraction, my water broke, and I delivered her myself while standing in my hallway and, no, I didn't drop her. I went from brushing my teeth to holding my baby in about two minutes. I had been getting ready to go to the hospital. Obviously, no drugs, but I really wanted some when it was all said and done with. LOL!

7 - labor was about 3 hours. I had an epidural with him because I felt I had earned an epidural credit with my last birth. LOL!

8 - my only c-section because she was breech. No labor and LOTS of drugs! LOL!

Also wanted to add that I have never pushed for more than 2-3 minutes. DH is very proud of my "slingshot capabilities". LOL!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search