can i tell you about my day?

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2006, 03:29 PM
kristic0776's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to kristic0776
this is long...

first off, the docs appointment was dissappointing. there isn't anything wrong, physically (cervix still closed, and everything looks good on paper, even my weight gain) but getting that guy to sit still for my questions is like getting a toddler to sit through a movie! after each question, he would inch closer to the door. by the time question #3 came up, he had his hand on the door knob. If i didn't have so many problems, i'd go find a midwife, cuz i know they listen better. He doubled my anti depressant, which i think will help, he took me off restrictions, cuz after all this, still no cervical change, but he is keeping me on the procardia.

so, i guess i'm sad he's not the kind of doctor that gives you warm fuzzies and i'm beginning to wonder if he is going to let me do some of the things in my birthplan. he's a good doctor, just not warm and fuzzy, like a midwife would be.

ok, so, i get home about 11 and went to my neighbors, cuz that is where Gabe is. we talk for a little while, her letting me cry, cuz that is all i do anymore. a little before 11:30 i get a call from my son's school. He has all day kindergarten on wednesdays and they are out early that day too. I have to go get him, cuz he has been involved in 2 physical altercations. I was so stunned and speachless. So, off to the school we go to get him, which is 20 min away. i pick him up, crying because i'm feeling like a total failure as a mother. My little boy has a really bad temper and throws these fits when he doesn't get his way. He thrashes and screams and it's not pretty. the thing is, we don't let him get away with stuff at home, so we say no plenty. he does his share of time outs and losing priviledges, so i don't think we spoil him too much. I talk with the teachers about what is happening, cry some more, have a really nice hard contraction in front of them. I was a mess, girls! so, there is only an hour before the other kids are out, so i go to my mom's house until then. My sis is there and we talk a little. she tells me that he is perfectly normal. that this is a normal part of growing up. but i'm still feeling like a failure, cuz i have no idea what to do. we picked up the other kids and then finally get home. I just sat down to talk to Nick about what happened and here is what he said about these "altercations" the first one a boy poked him in the eye, so he squeazed his mouth together. both boys got in trouble for this. the second incident involved a girl. It was totally unprovoked. apparently a boy dared nick to try to hurt her, so he punched her leg, then arm, then slapped her cheek (making it red) the teacher witnessed this one, so that was it for him. They sent him to the office and they called me. Now, what do i do? I have not allowed tv or computer, and he isn't allowed to play with his friend (big hardship to a 5 yo), and he is going to right notes to the little girl, the boy and the teachers, to apologize. they want him to talk to a counselor, and at first i was all for that, and he probably will, but after getting him to talk to me about it, i'm thinking these "incidents" were normal things, even though they were bad.

so, my day has sucked! I want a happy day! I hope that the antidepressants help, cuz i know that is where the anger that i have been feeling and taking out on my kids, is coming from.

I want to feel like i'm not bringing this new baby into a totally disfunctional family! I want some control over my kids, and i don't have any right now.

thanks for listening.

If you read this whole thing, wow! You deserve a deluxe banana split

November 8th, 2006, 05:36 PM
LadyBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
and we will share the banana split

I have days like that too so I totally understand.Try a little one on one with him and maybe talk over the banana split sometimes its a way to get attention.I also know how drs are vs midwives and being high risk i get to see the dreaded high risk drs who are sooooooooo clinical.
November 8th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Stacey's Avatar Super Star...mom to 6 ♥
Wow...Im so sorry that your day has been such a handful! For the first two of my pregnancies I had doctors that werent fuzzy and warm like you mentioned....so when I got pregnant the 3rd time, I found a doctor that melted my heart! I fell head over heals in love with him as well as dh...LOL...He was awesome....so when I moved a little over an hour away and found myself pregnant again, you have better believe that I wasnt going to go anywhere else. I too was high risk and was on bedrest from my 4th month on but there was just no way I was going to search for anyone else...Its so hard to find a doctor that you really like! Im so sorry that your doctor isnt like mine is. That just puts a strain on your pregnancy. You want answers and dont need a doctor that wants to totally run out of the room...Im so sorry!

As for your son....eeekkkk....honestly, Im normally a very optimistic person but that doesnt sound normal for a kindergartener. Honestly if I was the other parent, I would be totally po'd if my daughter came home from school and I found out that she was slapped in the face by another child. Im sure you would be just as livid if it was the other way around. Now, Im not saying this is your fault as a mother but there may be other things that are bothering Gabe that needs to be handled. I think they may be right about him seeing a counselor...it cant hurt but may just help him. If you find its not working for you guys then all you have to do is not sent him anymore!

Good luck with everything and many

November 9th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
First off big hugs that sounds like quite a day. Secondly my son had a similar experience when he first started kindergarten this year, he was wrestling with the boys and gettign quite physical, thankfully it has passed and he has adjusted well now. Your dr. doesn't sound very understanding I'm sorry for that. I hope your day is bettter tomorrow.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 14, Xandria 12, Thayer 11, Alorah 9, Nathalia 7, Malayna 5, Sawyer 3 and Ryder 2
Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search