domestically speaking.

Forum: Large Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Large Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Don't you sometimes wish there was less of a domestic aspect to having a crew of kids. I had a busy week last week so yesterday I spent ALL day cleaning up. I just needed to get caught up. At the end of the day I felt kinda bad, because the kids were home all day, and I really didn't spend a whole lot of time actually with them. People always say to just leave the house, and that laundry will wait etc etc, but I don't know about you, but when we don't keep up it's not just a mess we are left with, but with this amount of kids things get dirty. And yes the laundry will wait, but we do need clean socks to wear.
I told dh I was getting a housecleaner (LOL), I have a friend with a 2.5 year old a baby, and she has one for a few hours a week. But it would sure be nice if someone came to do the bathrooms and mop once a week. Its not going to happen, but wouldn't it be nice??

Thankfully today is sunday, so there is lots of time together.
November 12th, 2006, 05:56 PM
LadyBelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i can totally relate!!my guys are older but they aren't always helpful and they are kids after all

if i go 2 days w/o cleaning or laundry i would spend a week catching up a maid for just the scrubbing once a week would be wonderful.....maybe we can ask santa for maids
November 12th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Stacey's Avatar Super Star...mom to 6 ♥
Everytime dh askes me what I want for *birthday, christmas...etc* I always say a MAID but I have yet to get one Why does he bother even asking.....LOL..

Like Dawn said, once a week to do all the major cleaning would be GREAT!

I do pay Alex 10.00 to clean the bathroom once a week and I did pay Justin yesterday to mop my kitchen floor

I normally have a decent, picked up, vacuumed house but as for the major dusting and moping, who has time!

November 13th, 2006, 08:09 PM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
Urgh ... I know. I hate when people say that the dishes or laundry will be there when I get back..... mannnnnnn will they ever ... plus about 50% more!

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
November 14th, 2006, 02:37 AM
coryletum's Avatar Veteran
Yep - totally agree! Just regret not changing my wedding vows at the time to something like 'With all my wordly goods I will go all out to provide a housekeeper and a full range of labour-saving devices with which I will thee endow'...

Has a certain ring about it, methinks..

luv Rodena xxx

(I have a very close and personal relationship with my washing machine.)
</span>

Proud member of ERFEFODTPTDGUSO!

November 15th, 2006, 03:35 AM
coryletum's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
LOL Rodena!!!I see your point though. You know what we should do? Choose a day whre all us JM girls lay back and make our families do the work for once! See how they like it lol.[/b]
Sounds like a plan!
Hmm... Any day with a 'y' in it works for me..

luv Rodena xxx

(I have a very close and personal relationship with my washing machine.)
</span>

Proud member of ERFEFODTPTDGUSO!

November 18th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't have a maid, but most people do here. They are very affordable here. I'm planning to get someone to come in and help me get my house in order. With my back to back pregnancies, my house is really suffering. Maybe you all should move over here!!

Krista
November 23rd, 2006, 07:26 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
lol I tell my dh I want a maid for christmas too. I give my kiddos incentives to help me clean, like if you clean the playroom then we can go to the park. My second dd loves to clean with me. Yesterday the older girls peeled the potatoes and sweet potatoes for thanksgiving today and then my son helped me with the dips. They loved to be put to work.

Krista I'm packing my bags

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search